View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Butter
Coordinator

IWS #226 - Are you ready for some Stupid?; Results now posted!

Short turnaround for this one, responses due 11 AM Friday, September 5th.

The Rules

The rules are the same as previous FOFC “I’m With Stupid" Contests, as set forth by the game's, and indeed our very community's, most cherished and beloved progenitors and inspirational leaders, and also QuikSand. May we never lose our commitment to reverently speak their names and heartily toast their greatness.

The object of this contest is to answer the questions posted, and to provide the most common answer among those submitted. For each question, your score will be equal to the number of people who submitted that response. Your score for the contest will be the product of your individual question scores. For the mathematically challenged, product means they are multiplied together, not added. Highest score wins.

Collaboration of any kind is strictly forbidden. No posting your answers to this board, nor sharing them by e-mail or in any other way with other potential contestants. There are no prizes other than everlasting glory and total consciousness on your deathbed, so the need to cheat shouldn't be an issue.

All determinations of "matches" and anything else requiring even the most trivial degree of judgment fall to that of the sole administrator of this round of the game. You can reduce the need for doubt and judgment by properly spelling your submissions, being clear, and that sort of thing. My decisions are final and utterly inarguable, no exceptions. I summarily reject any suggestion of this structure as evidence of any personal character flaw.

Any references that are unclear to you, due to language or geography, should be understood to be authored from the perspective of an English-speaking American. However...

Your answers do not necessarily have to be correct in order to score points. If I ask "Who will win the Big Ten this year?" and you answer "Michigan State" along with 9 other people, you each score 10 points, even though the correct answer is "Ohio State"

Spoiler

IWS #226

It's NFL time, so time for some football questions.

1. Which new rule will have the most impact to the 2014 NFL Season?

2. Which team will finish with the worst record?

3. Which RB will finish with the most rushing yards?

4. Who will win Offensive Rookie of the Year?

5. Name a city that has never hosted the Super Bowl that should.

6. Name a common mascot to other sports teams that is not used or represented by a team in the NFL.

= = = = =

There you have it. PM your responses to me, with something sufficiently clear in the title.

Contest closes 11 AM Eastern, Friday September 5th.

So don't screw around and read it and forget to submit, because this is a less than 2 day turnaround. I don't find that letting it linger for a week is really any more suitable to gaining more responses.

Please help with the "snet" and other suitably amusing response-bumps to help keep the contest in mind.

Last edited by Butter : 09-05-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote