View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
When the people who vote for these things start leaving players off because they "think" they are tied to PEDs despite never being investigated, accused, showing up on the Mitchell report, etc...that is when there is a real problem.

The idiot reports should not get to play judge and jury regarding someones involvement in PEDs

Is there someone associated with them that you're actually convinced is innocent? Surely not Bonds and/or Clemens. I'll assume you aren't talking about McGwire and/or Palmeiro.

That leaves a couple of obvious candidates I guess: Piazza & Bagwell.
Nate Silver has quantified that possibility based on the ballots that were made public. This chart illustrates the conclusion

But to be honest, I can understand the doubts that (seem to) exist for a fair number of voters. Both guys are right on the edge in my mind (indeed my own vote here had one in, one out). I'm not nearly as upset by their absence as I would be the inclusion of several of the others.