View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #392
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The percentage of ownership between the conference and Fox would remain the same, but you'd obviously have a 25-30% increase in games on the network and an increase in revenue with markets like KC and STL along with the East Coast making a change in what tier the network was located on. So you see an ad revenue and a subscriber revenue increase as far as network revenues go.

I understand that there will be additional revenue and I think the Big Ten can make it work so that its current teams will, at worst, remain at the same income level. I also know that the percentage of ownership between Fox and the schools will, almost certainly, stay the same. And, we can also assume that the new schools are going to increase their revenue by joining up.

I'm more interested in what the dynamics of ownership (of the schools' portion) within the Big Ten Network will be. It doesn't make sense for the existing schools, who each own a little less than 4.5% of the network to let five new schools into an already profitable venture (where the risk has already been assumed and overcome) and lessen their shares to roughly 3% (even if a percentage becomes worth more) without the new schools earning ownership, somehow.

I'm sure there are smarter folks than us that are working on this, at all levels, right now. I'm just curious as to how it will work.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote