View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

FOF2007/Vista FAQ

Hey folks.

Been trying to do this for a while, finally got the time to do it. I just wanted to say thanks to SkyDog for consolodating all of those Vista threads into one. That makes this a hell of a lot easier.

As a note, I'm not a Vista expert, and still haven't figured some things out, but I'll do my best to explain any problems people are having.

1. FOF2007 installs correctly, but when I double-click it, nothing happens. What should I do?

The first time you play FOF, what you have to do is right-click on the icon, and then click on "Run as Administrator." You will only have to do this once. Make sure you do this within the FOF directory, and not the start menu.

2. My game is not saving when I click on the save button. What should I do?

(written by Daimyo) If your having trouble saving games, change the permissions on the FOF2007 folder. Right click on it and select properties. Then click the security tab. Click the Edit button. Under "group or user names:" select "Users" and then under "Permissions for users" check the box under allow for modify (write will automatically get checked when you do that). Click OK to close all the windows.

3. I'm trying to open up the help file, and it gives me an error. What's going on?

My understanding is that Vista uses a new help file, that is no longer .hlp, which is what FOF2007's help file uses.

They have released a "patch" here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

4. My batch files are definitely set up correctly, but don't seem to work. Is there something different going on here than in XP?

I haven't tried this yet, but try following question #2's response.

5. When I click to load a saved game or create a new game I get the following error message....."Data File Creation Error. Unable to create data files. Please restart system and/or reinstall game." I've
restarted my system and reinstalled the game to no success. Any suggestions?

Again, try following the steps in #2's answer.

6. I'm trying to upload my file to my MP league's site, and nothing is showing up in my export folder. Where did my file go?

Go to your FOF2007 directory. Go to your export folder. The gameplan file won't show up unless you click the "compatiblity files" on the toolbar. Then, it should show up. Drag that file to your desktop. When you go to your leagues site to upload and click "browse", the file will be on your desktop. The problem, I believe, is that when you are browsing your folders (such as when you are uploading at your league site) you can't click on compatibility files.

7. Nothing is showing up in my folders in the FOF directory. Where did they all go?

At the top of the folder on the toolbar, you will see a button called "compatibility files." Click on that and your files should show up.

8. I'm trying to print my roster screen to a file, just as I would in XP. However, nothing is showing up in the .txt file.

This is a problem that I (JetsIn06) have been having. If anyone knows why this would happen, let me know and I'll edit this.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 11-27-2007 at 11:58 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote