View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #658
Calis
College Starter

Great move by Shields there. For such a short fight, it sure looked like Shields was in trouble and was just outsized by Lawler. He hung in there and got a nice choke.

We've yet to see what Rogers can do on the ground. He definitely has the size, power, and quickness to pose a problem to anyone. I hope he gets his Overeem fight next. If he can get by Alistair then we can talk about him as an upper tier guy. Obviously they have to setup one of the two to be the next guy for Fedor if(when) he gets by Barnett.

As for Diaz making Scott Smith look bad, that's nothing new. Scott Smith looks bad almost always. Guy has a ton of heart, but he's not exactly top of the heap skill-wise. He takes the Don Frye approach to fighting most of the time. Always fun to watch, but not the greatest way to go about things.

Diaz is always fun to watch. Since Lawler lost and I doubt he'll fight his camp-mate in Shields, I really hope he gets a Cung Le fight. That's if Cung has any intention to go back to fighting.

Pretty fun card.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote