View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:22 AM   #47
MikaV84
n00b

Im in the same boat with a lot of guys in the sentiment that this is an evolution, not a revolution. Sadly, from what i gather, Jim will look at the sales of this product when thinking about continuing.

The thing is, and i mean no offense whatsoever, is that the user interface is bad beyond acceptable. That will be the absolute biggest problem with a Steam Greenlight campaign, when you have to sell your product based on a description and screenshots.

For us, who've played it for years, we become blind to the UI. It's absolutely the same for Jim. When you've used it and looked at it for long enough, you become sanitized to it. The reality is, Jim has probably lost at least a third of FOF sales in the last few versions becouse of the horrendeus UI. It has, and will, turn gamers away.

If a steam greenlight campaign is to be done, there's no point in doing it until significant work has been done on the UI. I'd argue that outside of the core fans on this forum, all these listed changes are fine and dandy, but the market will not respond in large to a game which - in all honestly - looks and works like its from the 90's.

Just all in all, the UI and UX are by far the most important aspects in making this product popular outside of us core fans.

Edit: forgot to mention - if you tell the current generation of gamers that they'll need to use FTP to play multiplayer, thats not going to cut it.

Last edited by MikaV84 : 07-31-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Addition
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote