View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1116
Grover
Pro Starter

I thought I had said this last night, but apparently not... or it's in some other thread and I didn't realize it...

I think Roman's making a big mistake in sacking AVB. The first point, though trivial is that it cost him £15m in compensation to hire him and AVB had alluded to the compensation to him should he be sacked was rather large as well. But hey, Roman's a billionaire.

Second point: For Roman and the Chelsea support to expect AVB to come in and repeat what he did last term with winning the league and Europa, is just funny. Installing new tactics with a rather dug in and aging squad is going to be pretty damn impossible to do. They need to have an expectation of transition rather than winning the Prem and Champions League. AVB need at least one year of working with the current squad and a summer and second season of turning the squad into what he needs for his tactics to be successful and thrive in the Premier League.

Just because someone is compared to Jose Mourinho, does not mean he will immediately be Jose Mourinho.

It's also funny that a club that struggled for years until Roman bought them, now has such a spoiled and self righteous demand and expectation of success. Though I'm sure there's plenty of bandwagoners helping fuel that.

I despise Chelsea, but they've made a massive mistake. Whoever hires AVB next and gives him the time to get things running his way is going to have an absolutely fantastic manager.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote