View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 07:24 PM   #110
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Has anyone road tripped a Tesla on the day before thanksgiving? Giving the temperature it’s probably a no just based on reduced range. I’d be going thru the middle of WVA thru to NE Tennessee. I hit a deer a few weeks ago in my Bolt EUV so I have a rental. If it’s viable I’d rather pile miles onto it vs my wife’s SUV. I can take an hour or so combined charging time, but I don’t wanna be waiting to sit and charge.

So I guess the cold sapping batteries is a thing with all EVs? My neighbor across the street had an Audi Q4 this summer/fall and I talked to him about it around Halloween, and he said he loved it. He said it got about 240 miles per charge. Then, right after Christmas he's got a new SUV. I saw him this weekend out in his yard and asked where the Audi was, and he said the battery lost so much juice in the cold that he was barely getting 100 miles per charge, so he got rid of it.

If that's a thing, I won't be getting an EV any time soon. Hybrid, maybe, but not an EV.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote