View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Meh, that's hockey. It's not a real sport. *ducks*

---

Actually, I don't think it's fair to compare teams from 40 years ago to today. The possibilities of putting together a horrible squad (or super squad) is higher when there's no Free Agency. A couple of bad drafts, a bad trade and *poof*, you're fucked for a couple of seasons because there's zero talent on the squad. With free agency, it's easier to improve your team and make it at least competitive. So to post an epic fail season now really takes skill (or an entirely lack thereof).

Can we maybe have some metric of what sporting events actually should count? I mean, personally anything before 1980 is fuzzy to me. But I gotta think that it simply isn't comparable to today. Maybe sports since the 90s are only comparable with themselves.

And Hockey doesn't count in my world either....I almost typed up your exact response but figured that the Hockey kids would cry.

If you're going overall dubious-ness, the Pirates current 19 year body of work has to count. The Browns and Lions recent performances are pretty shitty too.

Last edited by stevew : 04-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote