View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 07:47 AM   #250
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

In my experience, the quick whistle was reserved for the best players, as if they had "earned" the right to get men's calls. We had one Mack played against, a great PG who went to Tennessee then transferred to UK. She never amounted to much in college but in HS she was great. She'd get every touch foul in the paint once she got near the basket.

I see the argument for the shot clock and it was a raging argument here, too - Mack's team sucked so we were constantly behind and there were a couple coaches who went "4 Corners" for the entire 4th quarter of games - but yeah, on average, most teams can't run a consistent offense let alone one that would get them decent shots within the clock time. Of course, for Mack's team, the shot clock probably would have been irrelevant because they'd turn it over before the shot clock got anywhere near zero.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote