View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Where do you get your sports news these days?

It seems like no matter where I go, it's becoming harder and harder to find sports articles about, you know, actual games and the like. ESPN.com was my go-to news source for a long time, but it's become really annoying to go there lately. I tend to lean the same way, politically, that ESPN does, but it irks me to have to wade through links to opinion pieces, discussion about haircuts and players' fathers and faux boxing matches, Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman videos, etc., just to get to an article that talks about what happened in last night's baseball game or basketball game.

Other websites are no better. Fox Sports is just as bad as ESPN.com, and CBSSports.com is starting to move in that direction. (The journalism at CBSSports.com is freaking terrible.) Recently I find myself going to TSN.ca, and while I like ice hockey and the CFL, I still want to read up on things from an American point of view every now and then.

So, where do you go for your (authentic) sports news?

bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote