View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 06:24 PM   #451
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
There's a real difference between someone dropping a few pieces and someone making a really big mess. It's pretty much up to the FA to set the standards on the plane. My point was responding to the point that you can do what you want because someone else will clean it. And sure, someone will, however, people can do better, because allowing it for one, accepts it for all. That was it. I didn't look at the article, I've only followed along with it at the periphery, so I can't speak to this particular event. Kids make messes. I think that's to be expected. Some parents are of the mindset though, that they shouldn't lift a finger for their kids on a plane, and when you see plenty of that too, it changes the expectation for what you would like to see.

As for that other guy. Only heard part of his rant, but know enough that he's really going to regret all that and all this attention. He sounded just like that baby.

I hear what you are saying. I don't expect people to be able to do what they want. I am also not supporting intentionally making a mess just because you don't have to clean it up. I am just looking at the picture. If I am a passenger on that plane on that plane, and those two kids specifically the two year old are maintain that behavior and the only issue is the popcorn I see on the ground? I am positive that there were one hundred things more bothersome that happened on that flight than the popcorn I see on the ground. Let's put it this way, I don't remember seeing flight attendants had adult passengers rags and some spray bottles when they have accidents after having one too many drinks in the Sky Club before the flight. Combine that with the other guy's antics and I really don't understand what we keep insisting on bringing more kids into the world to bother the collective us so much.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote