View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #130
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I know nothing about the French team but that game changed entirely when French made the sub to pull off the defender for the offensive player. Went for the win and it cost them big time.

especially since that particular strikerīs main quality is her speed (which is unreal) and she had struggled in the "half court" game all tournament.

But the 2:1 fell so directly afterwards (plus from a corner) that i wouldnīt attribute it to that and the 3:1 was a 2 on 5 break where a france defender just made a horrible mistake.

But yeah, weird substitution really.

France was definitely the "better" team in terms of technical ability and space management, but their finishing was bad and they lacked the "punch" the US has. For example they got a striker alone on goal early in the 2nd half on a amazing pass, but then she just couldnīt controll the ball... Plus their GK was a weak link for sure.

For the US i was again very impressed by Rapinoe (who despite coming off the bench imo has been their best midfielder this tournament), very dynamic player who can strike a clean ball from the wing.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote