View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I arrive in Carmel, IN and get checked into the hotel and sit on my bed holding the letter in my hand. Here I am 37, almost 38 years old and I am being asked by my sponsor to meet up with Hunter Mahan for some training the next day.

You know, PGA Pro Hunter Mahan winner of the 2010 WGC Bridgestone Invitational.

I can barely sleep that not but head over to the course the next morning and meet up with Hunter. He shows me some ropes, works with me on my swing and my short game and he basically said the same thing as Ryan about my putting.

When we are done, he challenges me to a small Stableford match, 3 holes and the loser buys dinner. I agree to it, knowing I will more than likely end up buying dinner tonight.

Our first hole is the 3rd tee, which is a par 3. I use an iron of the tee and peg it 9 yards from the hole. I missed the long putt by 3 feet and end up with a Par. I am thinking I am already going to be down on this hole and yet, Hunter follows me with a Par.

The second hole is the par 4, 4th tee. I boom my drive off the tee and send it straight down the fairway when it stops I am about 112 yds from the hole. My next shot lands 4 yds from the pin. My putt was perfect and hits in, I just birdied the whole. Hunter had a rough go on his drive and he ends up with a Par.

As we walk onto the next whole he was explaining the stableford scoring to me which I am still foggy with but I know I am a +2 on him

Our final hole is the par 4 16th. Another crushing drive for me, 281 yards places me about 112 yards from the stick. I follow it up with a wedge onto the green, six yards from the stick. I then implode as I 3 put the hole and finish with a bogey. Hunter had an off day or wanted to make me feel good because he came in with a par. I end up winning with a +1 according to Hunter and I am excited, we agree to meet up at a Steakhouse and enjoy the night.