View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I enter competition day with a little bit of confidence after talking with Hunter all weekend and winning the sponsor challenge, I think I might have a chance.

Small crowd, mostly friends and family of the other golfers but I do notice that Ryan is here with the EA guy and they are chatting with Hunter.

Hole 1 - I end up getting a par on this hole, nerves managed to get a hold of me on the drive and I end up going into the rough. I ended up recovering and my chip onto the green put the ball close enough I could drop the putt. Tied for 1st

Hole 2 - I play this hole well and end up sinking a long putt for birdie, I am -1 and tied for 1st.

Hole 3 - This was my chance to sound my barbaric yawlp but I end up missing a long birdie putt by 7 inches and end up with par. I am still at -1 and take sole possession of 1st.

Hole 4 - I play the 4th hole well and sink an 11 ft putt for birdie, that places me at -2 and in 1st place by 3 strokes.

Hole 5 - What a complete disaster, the drive and short game was good, the putting was atrocious. I choked and 3 putted for a Bogey. I am at -1 and still leading by 3 strokes. I can't afford anything else like this.

Hole 6 - My mind was still on the piss poor play of the last hole and I end up in the water and missing a long putt. I double bogey the hole and I am now at a +1 and only leading by a stroke.

Hole 7 - A crazy shot off the tee had me initially thinking I was going downhill fast. But I took a few deep breaths, calmed down and recovered sinking a 19 ft putt for Par. I am still at a +1 and in the lead by 2 strokes.

Hole 8 - Tried to recover but I missed a 13 ft putt for birdie but finished this hole with a par. Still at a +1 but I am now leading by 3 strokes.

Hole 9 - I had a chance for an eagle, it was a long 40 ft putt but I missed it. I tapped it in for the birdie though. I am now even and in the lead by 4 strokes.

Hole 10 - I am hitting the ball hard and far, which is helping me, I did miss a 34 ft putt for birdie but tapped it in for par. I am still in the lead, but this time by 5 strokes as I am still even. It looks like the other golfers are starting to implode.

Hole 11 - Another birdie! This was a gratifying shot. It was a 17 ft putt that was on a downward slope, the rattle in the cup was satisfying. I secure the lead by jumping ahead by 7 strokes and sitting at a -1.

Hole 12 - I come crashing back to earth with a thud. Missed a 33 ft putt for birdie then turned around and missed a 4 ft putt for par. Bogey on the hole sets me back to even and in the lead by 5 strokes.

Hole 13 - Another birdie chance, this one was a missed 12 ft putt. A par keeps me even and in the lead by 6 strokes. The fans are starting to follow me as I realize I have been dominating this field and I have this pretty much sewn up unless I self destruct.

Hole 14 - I spoke to soon it appears. I send my tee shot out of bounds, then into the rough, followed by another one into the rough. I mowed the rough on this hole for them. A long putt miss, followed up with a tap in and I go in with a double bogey and a +2, the scary thing is, I am still in the lead by 5 strokes.

Hole 15 - What a recovery! My first Eagle! 3 wood to the green and I sink a long putt for the Eagle. I am now even again and in the lead by 7 strokes.

Hole 16 - The bunker took control of me on this hole. I end up with a bogey and going to a +1 and a 5 stroke lead.

Hole 17 - A nice clean hole, I make a 12 ft putt for Par. I am sitting at +1 and a 5 stroke lead and I pretty much have secured the round.

Hole 18 - Missed an 18 ft putt for birdie but tapped it in for par. I finish up with a +1 and a 5 stroke lead.

Ryan, the EA Rep and Hunter are there to greet me and congratulate me on my win at the 18th hole.

It was an amazing feeling holding that big fake check and shaking some hands. The press was pretty crazy as they say I took over with that eagle on 15.

I liked the feeling of the win, it was great. The office asked me how did it go and I smiled and showed them the big fake check and they all laughed. But I could see the worry in their faces and told them to relax, I am a ways away from anything major, right now, this is fun.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-24-2012 at 07:06 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote