View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

American Amateur Championshiop - Pebble Beach

I hate flying across the country, but I arrived just fine at SFO. They actually had a driver waiting for me and I was in a town car the entire ride to Pebble Beach. It wasn't bad and I was on the phone for the most part.

It looks like I will be doing training and the sponsors challenge all on the same day. I will be meeting up with Zach Johnson and learning how to play the short game.

Zach was a decent guy and he introduced me to Battle Golf. Basically, the winner of the hole is able to remove a club out of the losers bag.

We start on the 3rd hole which is a par 4. I drive and I am left with 97 yards to flag. I follow it up with an 88 yard pitch to the green leaving me with 9 yards to the hole. I then sink a 27 ft putt for birdie. Zach follows up with a birdie and we push the hole.

On to the 7th hole, a par 3. Drive it 91 yards and I am 6 yards away from pin. I miss a 22 ft put and tap in for par. Zach birdies the hole and pulls my driver out of the bag.

Final hole is the 10th hole, a par 4. Using my 3 wood I drive 245 yards off the tee and I am left with about 160 to the green. I over shoot the green going 166 and I am left with 7 yards to the pin. I miss the 22 ft putt and tap in for par. Zach hits a birdie and wins the challenge.