View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, time to truck on and push through the Nationwide Tour

The North American Open @ Kiawah Island Ocean Course

I can't find a course map anywhere for this course, it's like the PGA or Kiawah are keeping it a secret, there is an interactive tour at the site.

The field isn't like what I saw at The Masters, and I get through Round 1 with a -3 and the lead. (I played through this and lost my record of the round)

Round 2

Hole 1 - Par 4 - I manage to birdie the whole with a great putt and I am now -4
Hole 2 - Par 5 - Sees me in a bunker and unable to putt, I 3 putt this hole and I am back to -3.
Hole 3 - Par 4 - Clean drive, clean chip, clean putt. Textbook birdie, -4
Hole 4 - Par 4 - I was all over the fairway and had a 2 putt bogey, -3
Hole 5 - Par 3 - Par on the hole as I missed a 21' birdie putt by inches, -3
Hole 6 - Par 4 - Ended up going with a 2 putt on this hole for Par, -3
Hole 7 - Par 5 - I had a chance for eagle and ended up choking on my own excitement and went 3 putt for Par, -3
Hole 8 - Par 4 - I ended up with too much club on the drive and went off into the trees. I recovered with a par. -3
Hole 9 - Par 4 - What should have been a simple putt went wide and I ended up with a bogey, -2
Hole 10 - Par 4 - The short game came alive on this one as I chipped within inches of the hole and tapped in for Birdie, -3
Hole 11 - Par 5 - My chance to gain strokes is hampered by my putting as I 3 putt another Par 5. -3
Hole 12 - Par 4 - I have shared the lead for most of this round and with a birdie on this hole I take sole possession of the lead. - 4/Leader
Hole 13 - Par 4 - The clubs wake up and are kind to me. Another Birdie, -5/Leader
Hole 14 - Par 4 - I was a little cocky and this hole knocked me down a notch as I bogey. -4/Leader
Hole 15 - Par 4 - Managed to sink a long putt for birdie. -5/Leader
Hole 16 - Par 5 - And my 3 putts on Par 5's disappear as I sink the 1st putt for Birdie. -6/Leader.
Hole 17 - Par 3 - Did not place the ball well off the tee. Ended up with a 50' putt for Birdie, missed it but closed it off for par. -6/Leader
Hole 18 - Par 4 - Finish the round with power is what I have been taught and I did here as I putt for birdie and a nice 9 stroke lead. -7/Leader.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-25-2013 at 06:27 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote