View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #56
Dandelion
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthelid View Post
Welcome to FOF, lots of things don't work you will get used to it.

Yeah, noticed that already

Quote:
Which ever side of the field has the most recievers/ tight ends at the LOS is the strong side.

Uhm.. don't think so.. as explained further above, just check with the play formations You can call Yourself and use the "view" option.

Quote:
The reason your ILB got on the field on the second play of the game was due to a dice roll, if anything fishy happens in FOF it gets blamed on a bad dice roll, it's a good way of covering things up.

must have been a pretty bad dice roll.. there isn't much % left if the starter should stay on the field 100% of the time But I guess that in this case 100% means "all the time, unless the dice comes up with 100 on it.." - which would rather make it 99% then, but what the &%$§ do I know about maths..

Quote:
Blitzing, if you send more than one guy, just about any guy can be the second guy who blitzes.

well... one lives and learns to set % to 0 then.. although I set the value in the Def. Personnel Choices for multiple blitzers to 0 already..
So what makes me wonder about the blitzing FS is that there have been "replacements" for the WILB and SILB in the formation, who didn't blitz.. but instead the none-replacement FS makes the attempt.. if the Nickelback or the Dime Corner/Safety would have blitzed, I wouldn't find reason to wonder..
Well.. bad dice roll again, I suppose..

Quote:
Double coverage, does work the higher your Read defence is the less chance he'll put the ball into double coverage or maybe the better his judgement is. Just because the defence has a receiver double teamed doesn't mean they are doing it well!

Could it be that the Accuracy value plays a role in that too? Like a QB with high ACC sticking the ball in between the two defenders where only his WR can get it? Cause that might be an explanation.. *looks at his QBs ACC of 100*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
On multiple blitzers, in the 3-4 the WLB is always rushing the passer. Not sure if he's counted as a blitzer or not, but I would suspect so.

As I read the description in Game (and the Help file..) the WLB always rushes the QB in the 3-4, even with blitzing set to 0
And as in the 3-4 Nickel or Dime the WLB stays on the field and isn't replaced, he should do so from those two formations also..

The maximum of blitzers seems to be 3 - SLB, WILB and SILB.
And as one can only setup blitzes by the SLB (inside and outside %), the WILB and the SILB and only those guys show up in the log as "xxx blitzes.." I've never seen the name of my WLB coming up there..
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote