View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Man ... I think Karl beat me in our only matchups so I must really suck.

+1

This is a good time to bring up my thoughts on this that I've tossed around with Radii a bit.

I've been pretty vocal at times about my frustrations with my inability to compete. I definitely think that we either need to split up the leagues, or at least have a "lower" level league.

What I'd like to propose is a "House Rules" league. I've thought about some House Rules that I think would help level the playing field and also not make us completely dominate the CPU:

1) Some sort of recruiting limits. The two things that jump to mind for me are either a) you cannot recruit 5* players and/or b) you cannot recruit players with a speed above X (A-?).

2) Special Teams - CPU controls kick returns, Fair Catch all punts.

3) Sliders - As much as I complained, I like something similar to what we have now.

4) Option - DENIED. I'm really iffy on this one. There are legitimate ways to use the option, but unless they change something in '10 it is just so overpowered.

5) Think about team selection harder. Potentially make certain states "off-limits" (i.e. Texas, Florida) because of the large benefit in recruiting. Potentially eye-ball certain teams that should be off-limits (I think some teams benefited because they were rated 78-79, but had TONS of speed).

As for the stick-skills. I think it will be pretty easy to tell if someone should move up. If they're consistently beating top 10-20 teams by 5-7 TDs, they don't belong in the "House Rules" league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote