View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #106
Johninja
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninja View Post
Does Height have anything to do with it? I always pass on undersized qb's (anyone under 6'0) even if they have good bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow View Post
Height was not used in this research. I've always treated it as a pretty minor variable for consideration.

I thought i should bring this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
We've read that height and weight matter to some extent. Anything to look for with height and weight when drafting, such as do tall defensive linemen block more passes, or tall wide receivers catch more, or heavy defensive linemen stop the run better but get tired easily?

With weight, a player close to the ideal weight for his position will perform better (100% of his real ratings) in most areas than someone who is too heavy or too light. The difference, however, is very slight, as players can't move to positions they're ill-suited to play because of their weight. This does not affect quarterbacks, punters, kickers and cornerbacks. I honestly don't remember why I excluded cornerbacks specifically.

Same for height, except the cases are much more limited. Height matters most for quarterbacks, and slightly for receivers, defensive linemen, cornerbacks and safeties
This is from a Q&A Ben did with Jim found here
February 2008 Solecismic Q&A: Drafting Tips - Front Office Football Central

So while height/weight will not affect a guys current/potential numbers it could have an effect on his ability to actualy play at that level if he is undersized it seems.

Last edited by Johninja : 03-27-2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: affect/effect........
Johninja is offline   Reply With Quote