View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #141
stretch
n00b

I know this thread is long dead but I just got back into FOF after a 2 year layoff and I wanted to answer a couple of questions:

The method I used to derive the data involved creating a CSV file of players with all the same value for every attribute (375, 400, 425, etc. through 625). I then used the FOF 2004 draft file utility to create a draft file for those players, imported it into FOF 2007 and then used GStelmack's Extractor to pull the combine data for the entire class. Wash, rinse, repeat until I had a full draft class for each position and rating.

I then pulled the data into Excel and started analyzing frequency of each combine value for each attribute (how often a bench of 7 for 625 QBs? None).

At the extremes there were some outliers who skewed the data a bit so I had to fudge those out of existence. For example, there was a 475 CB that had a higher Wonderlic than all 3,000 CBs that were 500, 525, and 550 rated.

It looks like there is, very occasionally, a "workout warrior" who has a particular combine value well above (or below in the case of 40 time and agility) his peers with the same value. These are so rare (3 in 1000 or so), however, that if you find one, it's just horrible luck.

At any rate, I'll go dig up the raw, unfudged data and post it here.
stretch is offline   Reply With Quote