Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yes, gays should be allowed to legally marry each other. And the homosexual marriages which are performed at my church (though I only know of one off hand) should be able to be recognized under the law just as the heterosexual marriages performed there.

You see, this is where I think we need to be mroe clear. The government shouldn't have anything to do with recognizing your church's marriages, either hetero or homo. That's between the couple, your congregation, your fatih leaders and God.

The government ideally won't be recognizing anything done in a church, regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of the married couple. They will only "recognize" two people submitting paperwork for a legal contract under the codes for marriage. How far we go with that--a signed contract, a separate, simple civil service before a judge, whatever--is up to the government.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote