View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 12:58 PM   #215
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes
We lost a tight one, a game that deserved no winner. We stopped Tucker's run, but allowed passing yards they never had before. They stopped our pass but allowed rushing yards we are not familiar with.

Cary Coles made a case for why I anticipated to draft a kicker in the fourth round. Justin McDavid showed why I love to have him in the fourth quarter, but rather have someone else in quarters one, two and three. No question about it, Leonard Lyon should be the #1 again, though I am not 100% sure yet.

Week 5 European Division In Action
Gothenburg beat Bordeaux as expected at the absence of rushing star Rashad Burse. Jerry McGee led the Giants to a 20-3 trashing.

Paris looked worse then ever and were trashed by the 0-4 Georgia Gridlock in Mario Hudson's first home game. Joseph Schoen ran for 160 yards and 3 touchdowns in a 35-13 humiliating game.

Maassluis were unlucky in a game that didn't deserve a winner, losing 10-9 on a missed 27-yard field goal and a missed extra point after touchdown.

European Division Standings
3-2 Gothenburg
3-2 Bordeaux
2-2 Maassluis
0-4 Paris

Upcoming Games
Gothenburg - Get Tucker Tigers as visiting team. If the Giants are for real, this rush oriented game will be just another test.

Bordeaux - After losing two in a row, the open weekend is welcome. Especially to hand Rashad Burns an additional week to heal.

Paris - Play their second home game against Orlando. If "Joe the Shoe" can run for 160 yards, what can the league's number one rusher Israel Mars do?

Maassluis - We play Georgia, on the road. The Gridlock are 1-4, yet have a decent running game and a good pass defense.

Projected Standings After Week 5
4-2 Gothenburg
3-2 Bordeaux
3-2 Maassluis
0-5 Paris

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 06-28-2004 at 01:04 PM. Reason: To include the GM Notes.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote