View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 01:10 PM   #92
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Although to be fair to Billy, the guy never followed through and didn't even get Wacko Jacko money to make it all go away:

People Briefs: Billy Joel Lawsuit is Dropped
(from the 1994 N.Y. Times News Service)

A $10 million copyright infringement lawsuit against the singer Billy Joel has been dropped. Alan Friedman, Joel's lawyer, said that Gary Zimmerman, the claimant, had received no money, The Associated Press reported Wednesday. Carl Person, Zimmerman's lawyer, confirmed that his client had dropped the suit and received no money.

Zimmerman, a songwriter in Merrick, N.Y., had charged that Joel had stolen his work for the hit songs ``We Didn't Start the Fire'' and ``River of Dreams.'' He contended that he had sent his unpublished song ``Nowhere Man'' to Joel in 1986 and that parts of it had been used in the two hits. Joel said he had never heard of Zimmerman's song.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote