Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 PM   #259
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Melvin Horne 9-8-0(8) #6 v. Edwin Rosario 39-7-1(33) #20

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds.

Round one was good for feeling out the opposition. Rosario pushed forward and tied up Horne a number of times. Both fighters appeared content to jab and move from the outside, with Horne doing a nice job of counterpunching. It was an even round on the scoring.

Horne seemed more winded than he should have been after that round. I told him to lay back a little more and wait for the counter. Rosario started off by charging from his corner, his openness to attack did exactly what I was hoping for. Horne started a barrage of counterpunches and pressured Rosario with defense and accurate punching. Toward the middle of the round Rosario got hurt with a combination and an overhead right put him on the canvas. Not to happy about that he was up at three and took the eight count. Horne maintained his composure and kept to the gameplan, instead of going in for the kill. A good round for Horne, that he won by two.

Round three was marked by a more defensive Rosario. Both fighters jabbed a lot and neither wanted to be the aggressor. It was back and forth and toward the end of the round Horne looked to make another mark, a good combination and Rosario was sent back to the corner looking winded.

Round four went well for Horne and it is clear that he is outclassing his opponent. Rosario cannot seem to do anything right. If he lays back it is an even round, and if he comes forward he gets destroyed. Rosario tried to attack in this round and ate a lot of punches. Horne put together another good flurry at the end of the round and almost got the TKO. The ref let it continue and Melvin came back to the corner feeling more pumped up. I think he can sense the prospective TKO, KO or just the win.

With Melvin chomping at the bit, he started the round a bit more aggressive than any of the previous rounds. Still maintaining his move first philosophy he openness to attack opened the door more for Rosario. The first minute was one of the busiest that you will ever see, and Melvin was on the delivering end for it. Rosario came back a little, but was stunned with a series that started with a jab and hook combo. Horne pursued the dazed fighter across the ring and shoved him in the corner. The round was winding down, and this ref had already shown that he likes the guys to fight, but this was too much for even him. With only a few seconds left he called off Melvin and awarded him the TKO!

Martin Kinnear continued to make Jeff Ellery’s life horrible by winning a 10-round majority decision.

Betting went respectable as I won 75k on the two fights. Nice when 75k is respectable.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote