Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #275
PilotMan
Head Coach

Second week of February, 2007

There are some really good fights in the world of boxing coming up. I am getting ready as two of my fighters are getting ready to go next week. Omar and Lee are both up for fights. And as I continue after that it is going to be a steady stream of fights for Punishment Inc. Wins are going to be very important in order to try and sustain the needs of my upper echelon fighters.

Featherweight FOY Calvin Calvert 21-3-0(16) #2 v. Armando Medina 20-1-1(5) #3

Here is one good fight. Both men are in their prime, and both men would like a crack at Peter Badillo for the crown. Well, in Medina’s case, another crack. You see, Medina’s only loss was a second round KO loss to Badillo. Though you may remember. Since he has rattled off five straight wins. His chin, and defense are going to be tested by Calvert. He has been dominant and has stayed ranked in the top 5 for over two years. Bettors are actually favoring Medina in this match, and it is wider than you would think. Odds on Medina are 2/5, while the odds on Calvert are 2/1. I am betting on Calvert all the way, and why not at 2/1 a good bit of money is there to be made.

Former Heavyweight Champion Peter O’Connell 36-4-1(20) #2 v. Evander Holyfield 40-4-1(25) #3

Another good fight between the top ranked fighters in the heavyweight division. Both men have beaten some tough opponents with O’Connell beating Lennox Lewis recently and Holyfield beating Muhammad Ali, and Michael Moorer. If not for Louis holding the title, Holyfield should have been the FOY last year. O’Connell is the favorite at 3/5, while Holyfield is 11/8. If Holyfield can beat "The Greatest", he can beat anyone.

Former Flyweight Champion Adam Napier 27-2-0(25) #2 v. Mauro Martinez 32-0-0(20) #3

Martinez should still be the FOY, but he lost that distinction this year. He also would like it if Napier was still the champ. But he lost his title in his rematch with Gerardo Ramirez. These two make an impressive pair, with almost 60 wins and two losses. Their skills mirror each other with the exception being that Martinez is in better fighting shape and has much higher confidence than Napier. Martinez is the favorite at 4/7 and he should be, Napier could steal this, but at 6/4, the odds aren’t good enough and I don’t think that he is either.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote