Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #284
PilotMan
Head Coach

Omar was offered a chance to fight Hilmer Kenty. I like the name and they want the fight for 8 weeks from now. I have no idea if he will even be healthy by then so it is really out of the question. Sorry.

Third week of March, 2007

Fight Night -

Ismael Gutierrez is back in the ring. How will he perform after losing his first pro fight? I don’t know but I do know that he is in pretty good shape. The only thing that he hasn’t been doing extra of in the gym is sparring. I want to see him in good shape and work on his ring skills first.

His opponent tonight is Leslie Downey. Downey was chosen because Ismael really needed a good win. Downey is 2-3-1(1), but he has won two in a row. He is aggressive and has a good chin. He is going to need it because Gutierrez hits like a freight train. Look for both men to go forward and do a lot of banging inside. It will probably get dirty and messy inside, but hopefully Ismael will use his power advantage and take this guy out. He needs too. Two losses would be very hard for both of us to handle.

Oddsmakers are favoring Ismael at 1/4, while Downey is 11/4.

The world is watching this week as Joe Louis, two time heavyweight FOY, and current heavyweight champion defends his title agianst #2 contender Max Watt. Watt is a boxer with not a lot of power, although he can take a good punch and has beaten the likes of Larry Holmes and Bob Fitzsimmons. He is undefeated in 21 pro fights and has been ranked in the top ten for almost two years. Louis has not been very active. This is his first defense since taking the title from O’Connell over a year ago. Not only is Louis strong, he is a very accurate puncher. His chin may be in question at times, but Watt is not likely to test it. The oddsmakers are favoring Louis all the way. Odds on him are 1/4, while Watt is 10/3. I don’t think that Louis will lose.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote