View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My vote for Apocalypse Now is almost certainly heavily influenced by enjoying that movie more than any of the others Hopper was in. That said though, I do think he nailed the part.

I also thought he came across as enjoying the bad camp of Waterworld, although I have no idea whether that was really the case or not.

Willard: Could we, uh... talk to Colonel Kurtz?

Photojournalist: Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

"What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans? That he had wisdom? Bull**** man!"

Photo Journalist: This is the way the ****ing world ends! Look at this ****ing **** we're in, man! Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm ****ing splitting, Jack.v
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote