Old 05-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #17
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Group D, Round 3, Game 1

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Starting Pitchers

Josh Tomlin (CLE) vs. Paul Maholm (PIT)

Game Recap

Cleveland- 4, Pittsburgh- 3 -- 2 half innings amounted for all the scoring in this one. Pittsburgh scored all 3 of their runs in the bottom of the second, as Alex Presley, Neil Walker, and Chris Snyder had RBIs. Cleveland answered with 4 in the top of the 6th, all on a Travis Hafner grand slam. From there, it was lights out from each bullpen, as only 3 runners combined reached base after the 6th inning.

WP: Josh Tomlin
LP: Paul Maholm
SV: Chris Perez

Group D, Round 3, Game 2

Colorado at Texas

Starting Pitchers

Ubaldo Jimenez (COL) vs. Colby Lewis (TEX)

Game Recap

Texas- 7, Colorado- 1 -- Take away the first inning, and I could have said that Ubaldo Jimenez pitched well. The Rangers sent 10 men to the plate in that 1st inning, giving up 5 runs. Ian Kinsler had the big blow with a 3 run homer. Jimenez ended up working into the 6th before he got into trouble again. Ty Wigginton was the lone offense for the Rockers, with a solo homer. Texas got 8 1/3 out of Colby Lewis, then 1/3 inning each from Mason Tobin and Michael Kirkman. Colorado's Jason Giambi failed a drug test after the game and will be suspended for at least 1 game, maybe more. (I've changed the way I'm handling injuries and failed drug test suspensions. Ejections from a game will remain the same, a 1 day suspension, but I wanted to mix it up a little bit as you'll see later on. If anybody has questions, I'll be happy to explain what I'm doing with injuries and drug suspensions.)

WP: Colby Lewis
LP: Ubaldo Jimenez

Group D, Round 3, Game 3

Washington at Baltimore

Starting Pitchers

Jordan Zimmermann (WAS) vs. Jake Arrieta (BAL)

Game Recap

Washington- 3, Baltimore- 2 -- All 5 runs in this game came in the 1st inning, and from that point on, the starters settled down, and both teams bullpens barely allowed a runner to get to 2nd base. Washington started it off with a Mike Morse 2 run homer and an RBI single from Ian Desmond. Baltimore got 2 back in the bottom of the 1st thanks to a Mark Reynolds 2 RBI double. That was it for the excitement in this one, as the Orioles went 1-2-3 in the 9th.

WP: Jordan Zimmermann
LP: Jake Arrieta
SV: Henry Rodriguez
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote