View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #75
Radii
Head Coach

April notes

Joe O'Sullivan is the March BS Premier player of the month! O'Sullivan played 7 matches in march, putting up 4 assists and a goal. His worst rating was a 7.0, and his average for the month is an incredible 7.83.

We play on the 9th(Darlington), 14th(Cheltenham), 17th(Northwich) and 21st (Ebbsfleet).

Cheltenham on the 14th really stands out. They're currently in 6th, just barely out of the playoffs.

The board remains very pleased with my leadership. There is no negative mentioned at all in their roundup(unlike the last few months where a slumping player would be mentioned).

We remain right around our salary budget, and we lose money constantly. The board continues to inject cash to keep our balance between -300k and -400k and taht never seems a problem. It keeps the players scared enough that they take lower salaries but its never been mentioned that I need to start making money, thank god.

April 9th, 2012

Woking(23-11-8, 4th) @ Darlington(16-14-12, 12th)

Darlington is a pickem favorite here. Here's another squad that we've never beaten, 0-2-2 against them. We tied 1:1 at our place in October.

German is healthy again but not quite full strength. I'll have him ready to come in anyway. With Sloma hurt I go with a standard 4-4-2, Arter on the left/Ademola on the right.

We'll go defensive on the road.

5': Arter picks up a yellow trying to win a ball back deep in their end.

12': O'Sullivan with a ball to Ademola, he puts a shot just barely wide.

25': Very close to a goal for Darlington, a cross from a long way out, they get a head to it in the box but its over.

29': We earn a corner, Ademola takes it, they miss a header to clear badly. Mike Williams runs up to it and puts it far post past the keeper! 1-0

34': O'Sullivan with a great through ball to Harsanyi past their entire defense. Harsanyi puts it home! 2-0

HALF: 6 shots, only 2 on target but both were clear cut chances and we finished on both. Darlington has 4 shots, they were more aggressive early but we dominate the second part of the half.

77': They're trying to attack but not doing well at it. Nothing to mention... until O'Sullivan is forced to come off injured. Uggggh. Herd in for O'Sullivan. German in for Arter and McLaggon in for Ademola.

We hold them off easily.

Darlington 0 : 2 Woking

The defense earns the marks today, Ricketts earns a 7.8 in defense and man of the match. Williams 7.4 with his goal, Harsanyi 7.0 and a goal. O'Sullivan 7.0 and an asssist. Clarke(7.2) and Fenton(7.0)

Huge win!

Injury Update

Brilliant, but injury prone. *sighs* Joe O'Sullivan is out for the rest of the season (2 months).

With just 3 matches to go, we're now 7 points clear of a playoff spot. So we've lost O'Sullivan but we're pretty much in.

1. Rushden - 89 pts
2. Macclesfield - 88 pts
3. Cambridge - 86 pts
Woking - 83 pts
5. Kidderminster - 77 pts
-------------------------
6. Kettering - 76 pts
7. Cheltenham - 76 pts

Rushden, Macclesfield, and Cambridge have clinched a playoff spot. We should be next.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote