View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #261
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

I don't know that there is much more for Faber to do at 145. UFC doesn't have a 145 pound division, so the best Featherweights are in WEC already. I hope we can see Faber add 10 pounds and move to UFC to take on Penn, that would be another great fight.

I'm assuming you mean the best featherweights in North America, because there are some extremely talented featherweights in Japan. Unfortunately we'll never see Faber fight any of them. The obvious greatest match-up woul be Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto which would be an awesome one to see. I don't think Kid has any intention of fighting anyone worth a damn though, so it won't happen. There's a couple of Shooto guys that are tops as well, like Lion Takeshi and Tamura. Faber definitely moved himself to top of the heap with this fight though. Not anything left for him in WEC, and since Zuffa seems to hellbent against bringing in any other organization's fighters I don't think there's much for him to do. I think a move to lightweight would go poorly for him, at least against the likes of Penn or even Sherk. He seems like he doesn't cut much for 45 so I think 55 would be too much for him. I imagine being the face of the WEC is pretty appealing as well and I doubt Zuffa wants him moved.

The main events were fantastic though and really makes me wish that it wasn't Elite XC that got the national shot. The Faber/Pulver fight was a little too one-sided to be a classic, but still was very exciting. I didn't think Pulver could keep up with him, but I didn't think he'd get out-struck like that, and I was impressed with how he kept in it after taking a lot of punishment.

Couple of good fights coming up this weekend also. Busy few weeks for MMA.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote