View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 07:05 PM   #161
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Danielson has been rather heelish for a while in RoH.. this was just apparently a ploy to enjure Joe before their title match next month (some folks thought it was because Joe had a TNA main event PPV match the next night.. but the owners of RoH have denied that)

I managed to find a fairly detailed recap of ROH events last night & according to those, the turn of Cornette and Pearce was planned several months ago but delayed in order to let the CZW angle run its course.

Meanwhile, the Danielson thing sounded somewhat similar to what Joe did to Sting (albeit for different motivation & with different stakes) but I wouldn't be completely surprised if this was less of a heel turn than making AmDrag more of a neutral in the long run. And since Joe's ROH bookings were being scaled down anyway, and Homicide's TNA committments are going to be ramped up considerably next year, I'm not sure whether there's more than 3-6 months left for the two storylines. Yeah, that's plenty of time of course (especially these days), but it almost seems like a lot of effort to put into a pair of feuds that have rather limited options over the long term.