View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #184
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
BTW, Homicide's move (dunno what TNA called it the Gringo something or other), known as the Cop Killa elsewhere.. is the new Muscle Buster.. a "DANGEROUS!" finish.

I mentioned that to Will, that I don't know what they called it but I bet they won't use the name that he uses for it everywhere else.

And it does look nasty (thanks in part to AJ selling it like he'd been shot).

------
Meanwhile, credit to Jay Lethal for being prepared (real life prepared, not kayfabe prepared) to bring an A game for what will probably be the only match in his life for a World Title. And (grudgingly) credit to Jarrett for selling for him and making it look credible. The psychology of the match was well above the norm for the past several years IMO -- Lethal attacking just before the bell, following Jarrett outside the ring and continuing his offense not once but twice, pretty much everything he did except trying to plead his case with the ref was spot on for a guy who knew he had one big chance. And that mistake also made sense in the context of "the youngest guy on the roster".

On the whole, I think it's still a mixed bag for the big picture booking but in isolation I thought the script for this one was quite well done.