View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 03:56 PM   #143
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That is such a weird decision. My wife and I both dislike SUV's, and she is definitely not ever buying a truck or sports car for herself.

I agree. You are definitely losing a number of customers who either don’t want a SUV or truck or those who can’t quite afford them and are ceding those customers to other OEMs. I think it’s particularly an issue when it comes to first time buyers. In some cases they either can’t afford or don’t want a SUV, so they go sedan or compact. If they’re happy with that first car that can create brand loyalty that can last a long, long time.

The reason for dropping those vehicles is that the margins on them stunk and they just weren’t that popular. So, you had an entire line of vehicles with small sales and small margins that carried with them all the development, design, engineering, supply and manufacturing costs of better selling, higher margin vehicles. So, when it was clear that the transformation from ICE to EVs was on the horizon, the call was made to cut those vehicles out to save costs needed to start the investments for EVs and to focus on trucks and SUVs, the vehicles the majority of folks want and have better margins.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote