View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #34
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer
Yes, but F1 wouldn't mind tapping the huge American market. They started with the race at Indy, but I think they will move the race to another track after the contract expires.

The Indy Road course is a joke, but there aren't any other road courses that are up to FIA standards and to get say, Road America or Long Beach would take a big investment. If F1 did somehow get in bed with CART as earlier rumored though, I guarantee you, The US Grand Prix would get pulled from Indy. Personally, I'd love to see a F1 Vegas street race. If that doesn't spell money, I don't know what does.

Quote:

I never really saw F3000, or barely know much about it, expect it is kinda the Busch series to Nascar as it is to F1. Am I right? Care to give an overview and its problems of this series? Care to explain the series such as Formula 3, Formula Renault. Does Canada and Mexico have a solid"training" program series, that could graduate its top drivers in the developmental series of a series that I would like to see.

Essentially you're right, it's the Busch of F1. They run 11 of the event that F1 compete at. The problem being with only a few rides averrable every year, drivers have had to look for other options after placing well in F3000. That lately has been CART, making CART an attractive series to F1 teams.

Basically series such as Nissan World Series,Formula Nippon, Euro 3000, and Formula Renault all feed into F3000. If you can ever catch any Nissan World Series, take a second to see some good racing. It's a good mix of drivers and teams.

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote