View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 06:34 AM   #359
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

UK fans seemed to rally around Mark Pope with a pretty crazy introductory presser in front of thousands of fans. They pulled out all the stops with older players and several members of the 1996 championship team there, including Jeff Sheppard.

I feel pretty bad for Reed Sheppard from the standpoint that whether or not he goes pro has very little to do with who's coaching UK and more to do with his projected spot. But given that his dad was Pope's roommate, if he goes pro, you know people are going to treat that as a referendum on whether Pope can handle the job.

He said all the right things yesterday, although I thought the whole thing leaned a little too much into nostalgia (coming from someone who moved to the Lexington area less than 20 years ago). I told my wife - I hope that wasn't the highlight of his tenure at UK.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote