Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2024, 11:45 AM   #27051
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I had exactly zero clue that was a thing.

Me either, but apparently an Olympic sport since 2000.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:53 AM   #27052
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
"It IS God!"

"I made you a sweater"
Old 06-15-2024, 02:20 PM   #27053
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
"It IS God!"

“I was hot and I was hungry, okay?”
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 03:16 PM   #27054
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
"Real Genius" ftw

(I know it's not brat pack, but feels like the same lane of movies, and a lot better than most)
Next on the list. It is Brat Pack adjacent. As for "Weird Science", my wife had never seen it and enjoyed it, but to me it didn't hold up. Anthony Micheal Hall did well with what was some weak writing, but the other kid was just not a good actor. I read that he is now a college professor, and that is probably a better fit for him. Kelly LeBrock was gorgeous, but also not a great actor. That's a pretty big contrast to "Sixteen Candles", where the writing was still on the silly side, but the acting across the board was pretty sound.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 03:48 PM   #27055
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
{randomly reading sports stories}

"Athletes approved Saturday include the defending Olympic champion in men's trampoline ..."

The what? In what? Srsly?

I had exactly zero clue that was a thing.

I hope they award medals solely by level of gruesome injury.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:16 PM   #27056
Edward64
Head Coach

CNN.com is requiring a sign-in now.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:46 PM   #27057
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I hope they award medals solely by level of gruesome injury.

There is a slamball injury I remember from a trampoline that somehow is worse than the Kevin Ware injury.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM   #27058
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Trying to sell stuff on Facebook is so annoying. If I put something up for sale and you message me within 10 minutes, don't offer me half of the price I listed. And then don't ask what my best price is. You can see the best price... it's the one I listed. The next response is usually a variant of "you won't sell it for that price." OK, then I won't sell it to you for that price. I'll either sell it at some price to someone else or I'll just keep it and no one uses it. Oh well.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #27059
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Trying to sell stuff on Facebook is so annoying. If I put something up for sale and you message me within 10 minutes, don't offer me half of the price I listed. And then don't ask what my best price is. You can see the best price... it's the one I listed. The next response is usually a variant of "you won't sell it for that price." OK, then I won't sell it to you for that price. I'll either sell it at some price to someone else or I'll just keep it and no one uses it. Oh well.

I’ve been both ways with it. I got asking full price for my old GPU(it took a month but I never dropped the price.)

On the other hand I also had a lady leave me shitty messages and also try to tag me a post on her personal Facebook because I wouldn’t deliver a $5 item to the next county over.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #27060
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Trying to sell stuff on Facebook is so annoying.

Yeah, I'd pretty much have a bonfire before I'd do that, at any price.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #27061
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just being on FB is so annoying. I'm going on 3 years off.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #27062
RainMaker
General Manager

My experience with Facebook marketplace was a bunch of scammers hitting me up to "ship" the item. I had some luck with pinball machines and some office furniture, but it's not worth the headache on anything small.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #27063
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Speaking of fast food, does anyone feel like the Wendy's spicy chicken has fallen off a little bit? Had one the other day and it just didn't hit like it used to. Maybe it's always been like that and we just have so many places making good chicken sandwiches that they don't seem as good.

YES. First noticed this last summer. The flavoring of the breading is still there, but the chicken is lower-quality than it used to be. A real shame.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote