Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

Anyone familiar with scoresheet.com fantasy sports?

I was talking to a friend this weekend and they've been playing scoresheet.com fantasy baseball for over a decade.

It sounds very interesting.

It scores at a detail level that makes you play out "games" against your opponent rather than regular roto.

They appear to have NBA and NFL too.

It looks pretty neat, but it comes with a pretty hefty pricetag - so I was curious as to whether anyone here has any experience with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Thomkal
Head Coach

I played it with one of my brothers when it first came out-haven't played it in several years. But it was good-the fact that it used the real life stats of the players to simulate a game was kind of mind-boggling at the time. Was run well back then, but the price-tag drove me away eventually (even though I enjoyed beating my brother regularly with it )

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-30-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Ramzavail
College Starter

I've been playing the past two seasons. I was already spending $300 on fantasy baseball, another $85 didn't faze me much - I didn't love the group I was with last year, so I wasn't going to re-up this year but then I was recruited to be in this great group of guys - who was starting from scratch so I went with it.

Things I don't like: I hate the Thursday/Wednesday schedule - they are blaming MLB, I'm blaming them. Its very difficult to set your lineups, check out matchups and figure out two-pitch pitchers when everybody else on the planet plays Monday/Sunday weeks.

I also don't like that we get the results AFTER I have to set the current weeks lineups. Doesn't bother alot of people- but it bothers me, I want to KNOW what I did last week before the next week starts. But maybe thats just me.

Things I do like: The concept is great - the playing out the games is great - the ability to set your lineups and pitching matchups is great. It gives you more of a managerial feel as opposed to yahoo/cbs sportsline.

Thats about it - Lounge me if you wanna chat about it tomorrow.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Thanks for the feedback.

Ramz - I'm probably more intrigued by football than baseball, but obviously the setup is better for baseball - I'm just more of a football guy.

That being said, I could see doing this more than regular fantasy for baseball though. Obviously a bit late now, but maybe I'd do football in the fall and then baseball next spring.

Definitely interested in more info in the lounge if we're both around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote