Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
Calis
College Starter

Thumbs up Winning Eleven 6 International

Has anyone else had the pleasure of playing this one yet? It's just been very recently released here in the States. It's an English release of a Japanese game. I guess it's pretty popular in Europe where it's Pro Evolution Soccer, but I believe it's the same game? I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Anyhow, this game is outstanding! I would say it's the best "player" representation of a sports game I've played. It carries a majority of the ratings and such from CM3, pretty in depth, unlike FIFA's way of doing things.

The gameplay is just superb, I've been having a blast, and having some real nail biter games. I just finished up a great game in the Copa America finals, where I was the U.S. against Argentina. We had went down 1-0 relatively early in the first half to a Batistuta goal, but managed to tie it up at about the 85th minute with a Donovan strike. Then to my surprise, in extra time Donovan nailed it again to pull off the win! I was running around my house screaming.

And it FEELS like it's soccer.

The only downsides to this game really, are the commentary is pretty poor, and they don't have all the licenses that FIFA does, so a lot of player names have been changed, and the club names aren't the same. Other than that though, if you're a fan of the sport, and own a Playstation 2, and you're tired of putting up with a crap EA release of FIFA every year, you can't pass this one up!

ISSextreme

Yeah I know, the Sextreme kinda stands out there, but get your mind out of the gutter! That's a site with a good amount of info and some clips and such of the game. That covers the whole series, as there is an ISS version, which is basically the arcade version the way I take it.

Apparently a new version of Winning 11 is already out in Japan, and is supposed to be head and shoulders above this version.

Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:53 AM   #2
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Yes, Pro Evolution is the European version of this. I've been hearing rave reviews of the new version, and I can't wait until Pro Evolution 3 comes out over here!
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
Bee
Pro Starter

Does this game have the English leagues in it (with promotion and relegation?).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
Calis
College Starter

Err no...it has some of the Premiere leagues, and the Master League portion of the game does have promotion/relegation, but all the teams in all 3 divisions are "premiere" teams from various countries.

The clubs/players is where this game is seriously lacking compared to FIFA, and definitely the ONLY way it is lacking, I'm absolutely loving this game.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:44 AM   #5
condors
College Starter

wish they had an xbox version
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #6
Blade6119
Coordinator

god i love this game....just made it to the top level!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:45 AM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I just bought this last night and I'm having some fun with it. Played two games so far... am having a little trouble scoring, but other than that it's a lot of fun.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #8
Blade6119
Coordinator

one thing i like to do is play with a computer partner...like playing with a friend...fun...just go to controllers and make a comp player two.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote