Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #451
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I definitely ended up getting my money's worth in the first one, but... I still find this game to be a major disappointment. I love everything that was "Blood Bowl" about the game, just hated everything Focus/Cyanide did or was asked to do:

The AI for the computer teams was awful. Just awful. Regardless of what race you were playing or what was happening in the game, they just formed the cage and made a bunch of stupid moves.

The lack of customization for your team and players was pretty bad too. There should be a ton of options to better customize your guys.

The match-making system for multi-player was awful. That spinning coin, sitting there waiting for a match to start with no real reason what was happening or why things weren't working.

The way computer teams' games were simulated in a season were a joke as well.

I haven't heard anything to indicate that Blood Bowl 2 will fix the AI problem, which is a shame.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #452
Groundhog
Coordinator

Given the amount of races and tactics, I think it's more difficult to produce a solid Bloodbowl AI than it is a chess AI. I don't think we'll ever see a single-player experience that can compete with playing folks on FUMBBL.

Having said that, there's no excuse for the AI not knowing the turn count, having dumb skill progression, dodging into 2 tacklezones on it's first action of a turn, etc. I also don't think it's a big ass for teams to have a template style of play - undead/orcs cage and bash, elves pass and run, etc. Every team tries to play the same currently.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #453
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The graphics may be updated, but the gameplay is going to be a huge step backwards as BBII will only have 8 teams.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #454
Groundhog
Coordinator

Don't worry, 6 expansion packs later I'm sure they'll all be in there.... What a joke.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #455
Groundhog
Coordinator

dola

Unless they are working on the race-specific AI, in which case I could understand the staggered release of teams. I highly doubt it, though.