Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #501
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Do you own a lawn mower? A weed-whacker? A motorboat? Are you a communist?

No. No. No. No.

No boat no light no motorcar. Not a single luxury.

Ok, so I do have lights and a sweet ass coffee grinder!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #502
Buccaneer
Head Coach

There always have been a certain segment that wish the federal govt would mandate that everyone ride bikes. They praise the rising gas prices and would do anything to support the continued supply problems.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #503
SFL Cat
College Starter

If I didn't have to drive 20 miles to work, I might consider a bike (or at least a motorcycle).
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #504
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

if we had decent mass transit here, i would take the bus...

considering carpooling with my colleague who lives across the street.. if we can get our schedules to match up.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #505
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
There always have been a certain segment that wish the federal govt would mandate that everyone ride bikes. They praise the rising gas prices and would do anything to support the continued supply problems.

That's like, four people living in a California redwood tree.

Even most people who don't drive (I have and will if I have to, but I prefer public transit) understand that there is more to the cost of energy than the price at the gas pump.

I find it sad that the reaction of many is to complain like they are entitled to cheap gas to fuel their SUV's. The oil problem we are faced with today makes the 1973 embargo look like a fly on an elephant's ass. Yet in 1973 people wanted to lower the price and get better mileage, knowing that this wasn't likely to be a temporary issue. In 2008 many take the attitude that "This is America and who the hell are you to tell me to conserve energy."

I would love to see this nation rethink transit. Since WWII the government has heavily funded transit by automobile and airplane to the detriment of rail, two forms of transit that are dependent on oil. I believe it is time to rethink this and fund high-speed rail for regional and intermediate travel and light rail (subway and elevated) for denser cities. The fuel consumption would be reduced dramatically if short flights were eliminated and automobiles became more of an auxiliary mode of transportation in cities.

Anything we can do to be more self sufficient I believe to be a good thing.

With oil going for $139 a barrel (and expected to hit $150 by the end of the month) we can expect to pass $5/gallon before the end of summer. The "solutions" being bantered about by politicians are only temporary at best. If we want to be able to afford to go to work without resorting to bicycling, we have to start looking at the larger picture.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #506
SFL Cat
College Starter

In addition to the proposals you mention, increasing our own domestic exploration and production so we're not having to buy most of what we need from others would be a big help too.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #507
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post
In addition to the proposals you mention, increasing our own domestic exploration and production so we're not having to buy most of what we need from others would be a big help too.

Oil is a global market, so really buying from furriners is not a problem. Increasing exploration and production anywhere would help increase supply (well, if the refining capacity is increased).
Old 06-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #508
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

My personal take.

1. Start using North American oil conditionally based on foreign oil prices (if the price goes up, open up the reserve, if the price goes back down, close the reserve).

2. Put alternative fuels & energy R&D gas tax that goes directly to Oil Companies so they can take the lead on alternative fuels. (Oil Companies will fight to the death over alternative fuels, so just give them and their people the jobs to create it to save about 50 years of R&D.)

3. R&D taxes would be used to put some of these Berkley scientists to work instead of having them run around yelling the sky is falling to Al Gore.

4. Energy tax would be used to build wind-turbines, solar panel farms and more nuclear power plants.

Last edited by Dutch : 06-07-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:04 AM   #509
Qrusher14242
High School JV

filled up for $4.39 here in the Valley in California. Lowest price around. Most places are over $4.40.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #510
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
filled up for $4.39 here in the Valley in California. Lowest price around. Most places are over $4.40.

$11.20 most places here in Germany.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:06 AM   #511
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Smaller country, you can't drive as far so it really doesn't count to me.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #512
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My personal take.

1. Start using North American oil conditionally based on foreign oil prices (if the price goes up, open up the reserve, if the price goes back down, close the reserve).

2. Put alternative fuels & energy R&D gas tax that goes directly to Oil Companies so they can take the lead on alternative fuels. (Oil Companies will fight to the death over alternative fuels, so just give them and their people the jobs to create it to save about 50 years of R&D.)

3. R&D taxes would be used to put some of these Berkley scientists to work instead of having them run around yelling the sky is falling to Al Gore.

4. Energy tax would be used to build wind-turbines, solar panel farms and more nuclear power plants.

I'm in favor of most of this but 2 is mostly insane. You think companies who make profits off of higher prices are going to work diligently, against their own interest, to do R&D? Would you? This is the problem with using a capitalist system to govern the environment- there's no economic motivation to do it. If you were acting in the best interest of your company, you would take that R&D money and be deliberately slow becuse even if you came up with a solution next week, it would hurt you in the long term.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #513
SnDvls
Pro Starter

paid $4.04 for reg. unleaded the other day...I'm heading out today again to fill up my car...I pray it's not higher.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #514
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Oil prices shot up nearly $11 a barrel and settled today at a record $138.54 -- driven by geopolitical jitters, a dollar decline stemming from a weak jobs report and a forecast that oil would hit $150 by July 4.

---

That should be good for a real quick 30 - 40 cent hike in the next day or two.
I just heard that they are predicting $6.00 a gallon by the end of July for the national average now.

I will be starting my bike commute to work next week. Anyone know if there is a Dynasty report on a Bike Commuter? It has taken me about a month to get everything ready and purchased to start commuting next week. Last nights trial run went smother and fater than expected, but the rush hour traffic still has me a little scared.....I have to just keep telling myself to "Take the Lane, Take the Lane, Take the Lane", over and over again.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #515
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

7 dollars will happen and likely by Sept. 08... one or two hurricanes would make the price skyrocket.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #516
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah lived in S.Korea and Japan and gas was out of site but is the point; $4.50 a gallon isn't that bad so stop whining?

Last edited by Galaril : 06-07-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #517
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Tanked up at $3.79 today, but that's a Costco price. Most of the other stations were running $3.89-3.99 around here.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

$4.47 in Seattle where we were buying a house today.

thank god for a company car
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #519
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Oil is a global market, so really buying from furriners is not a problem. Increasing exploration and production anywhere would help increase supply (well, if the refining capacity is increased).

True, but I don't like the fact that we're so dependent on foreign imports.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #520
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True, but I don't like the fact that we're so dependent on foreign imports.

We are dependent on foreign imports for most things . It's called comparative advantage and one reason why global capitalism is so efficient and does well by consumers.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #521
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm in favor of most of this but 2 is mostly insane. You think companies who make profits off of higher prices are going to work diligently, against their own interest, to do R&D? Would you? This is the problem with using a capitalist system to govern the environment- there's no economic motivation to do it. If you were acting in the best interest of your company, you would take that R&D money and be deliberately slow becuse even if you came up with a solution next week, it would hurt you in the long term.

SI

If you are suggesting that all the Berkley scientists would drop their yelling and screaming in a heartbeat the second Exxon paid them, I would argue that perhaps the scientists are yelling and screaming right now because they are getting paid some.

The point is that I think it's quite possible that if the leading American Oil Companies are being encouraged to become the leading American Alternative Fuels companies, we might actually accelerate the process vs this "Green vs Oil" battle the left wants to wage right now. I seriously question whether hard-core enviromentalists relish the end or the means. Having the two sides work together makes more sense.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #522
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yeah lived in S.Korea and Japan and gas was out of site but is the point; $4.50 a gallon isn't that bad so stop whining?

Well, the rest of the story is that about 6 months ago, it was $8.40 a gallon in Germany. President Bush and presumptive President Obama can't wave magical wands and "fix" global gas prices without radical changes that include breaking away from the global gas economy.

Last edited by Dutch : 06-08-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #523
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, the rest of the story is that about 6 months ago, it was $8.40 a gallon in Germany. President Bush and presumptive President Obama can't wave magical wands and "fix" global gas prices without radical changes that include breaking away from the global gas economy.

Exactly.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #524
14ers
High School Varsity

It looks like over in Europe gas has a 75% tax rate. I think this explains those crazy European gas prices. I think it would be hard to blame the oil companies when your government is getting 75% of the money.

What do those countries do with all this gas money. A 75% tax rate seems insane to an American like me.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #525
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ers View Post

What do those countries do with all this gas money. A 75% tax rate seems insane to an American like me.

You'd think the streets would be paved with gold...
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 AM   #526
JeeberD
General Manager

You've never been on the Autobahn, have you?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #527
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
You'd think the streets would be paved with gold...

Typically, the streets are in considerably better shape than those of ours in the U.S.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #528
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
President Bush and presumptive President Obama can't wave magical wands and "fix" global gas prices without radical changes that include breaking away from the global gas economy.

Very true. If President & Oilman Bush, whose family has very close ties to the Saudis, can't get the Saudis to help influence the cost of oil, then I very much doubt anyone can.

On the other hand, I'd imagine Bush's oil investments (and he must have a good amount) will afford him a comfortable retirement.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #529
Lorena
Unregistered

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #530
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

It bumped from 1.374 to 1.514 cdn$ per liter yesterday evening. That's 5.50 us$/gallon, heh...

FM
Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #531
MikeVic
Head Coach

Here it went from 1.329 to 1.369... I'm dreading over 1.50.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #532
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Typically, the streets are in considerably better shape than those of ours in the U.S.

Especially Ohio. It's like driving through an area that was bombed in some places
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #533
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Especially Ohio. It's like driving through an area that was bombed in some places

About 2-3 years ago, Missouri voters passed a law that said that all gasoline tax money has to go directly to transportation-related projects and cannot be diverted to non-transportation projects. Not surprisingly, our roads in Missouri have gone from one of the worst in the country to one of the best road systems in the country. Amazing how that works.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #534
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
About 2-3 years ago, Missouri voters passed a law that said that all gasoline tax money has to go directly to transportation-related projects and cannot be diverted to non-transportation projects. Not surprisingly, our roads in Missouri have gone from one of the worst in the country to one of the best road systems in the country. Amazing how that works.

We really need that in North Carolina. They are looking at toll roads and the like to pay for projects that the citizens already paid for, all because they raided the trust fund to pay for all the spending increases they instituted back when we had a $1 billion budget surplus. Amazing how fast that surplus went away...

A side note on the toll roads: They've been building an I-540 loop around Raleigh. Once they completed the northern section (the one used by lots of the legislators and other Raleigh bigwigs), they decided they needed more money to complete the southern and eastern parts of the loop (because they've raided the trust fund), so now they want to make it a toll road. And can't understand why the reaction has been "either no, or put a toll on the ENTIRE loop".

But that's what you get when you elect the guy who started doing "public service announcements" right before the election. Going to be a fun Governor election season...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #535
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-gas-prices

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four dollar a gallon gas has stolen a beach vacation in South Carolina from Julie Jacobs' family and exotic bath washes from Angela Crawford. Phil English had to sell his beloved but fuel-guzzling red pickup.

Like a plague that does not discriminate by economic class, race or age, soaring gas prices are inflicting pain throughout the U.S. Nine in 10 expecting the ballooning costs to squeeze them financially over the next half year, an Associated Press-Yahoo! News poll said Monday.

Nearly half think that hardship will be serious. To cope, most are driving less, easing off the air conditioning and heating at home and cutting corners elsewhere. Half are curtailing vacation plans; nearly as many are considering buying cars that burn less gas.

As the price has spiraled upward so, too, has the public's ire.

Two-thirds consider gas prices an extremely important issue, edging the economy and outpacing health care and Iraq as the country's most distressing problem. In November, when gas cost about $1 a gallon less than today, just under half rated it extremely important.

"Do you think there's an end in sight? I don't," said the 33-year-old Crawford, a Dallas homemaker, said in an interview.

She says switching to bar soap from a favored lotion is one of many "little small luxuries" she has given up, along with fewer restaurant meals and new clothes. She also has talked with her husband, a flooring contractor, about finding a job involving less long-distance driving with his heavy van. "It's depressing and it makes you nervous," she said.

The AP-Yahoo! News poll, conducted by Knowledge Networks, has tracked the same 2,000 people since last fall to see how their views change during the presidential campaign. The latest survey shows how the price of gas has caught or eclipsed every other issue, not just as a political topic but as a problem in peoples' lives.

"You're saddened prices are going up and you can't do the extra things you would have done," said Amy Pysarenko, 35, of San Antonio, whose concern about gas prices has grown since November. She says while her family has cut back on amusement park visits and saving for their children, "I feel fortunate because maybe someone else eats beans instead of hamburgers."

The 47 percent in the most recent survey who expect higher gas costs to cause serious hardship is about the same as in last year's poll, but an increase from the 30 percent who said so in an AP-Ipsos poll in June 2004. Then, regular gas averaged $1.97 a gallon nationally, according to the federal Energy Information Administration.

Lower-income people, of course, are bearing the brunt of it. As higher prices push grocery, pizza delivery and other costs upward, just over half of those without college degrees — and about the same number earning less than $50,000 a year — are expecting serious personal financial problems to result.

"We just don't do as much," said William Fisk, 39, a former dishwasher in Freeport, Maine. "We used to go out to have dinner, but we're cutting way back on that."

Yet significant numbers of the better-off are feeling pain, too. Four in 10 people in families earning $50,000 to $100,000 annually, and one in six earning more than that expect serious financial hardships from rising gas costs, as do one in three college graduates.

Many lower-earning families are responding by easing their use of air conditioning and heating, trimming vacation plans and cutting other spending. But higher-income people are often not far behind.

Two-thirds earning under $25,000 a year are cooling and heating their homes less, as are nearly six in 10 people earning more than $100,000. Just over four in 10 of the lowest earners are cutting vacation spending — only slightly likelier than those earning at least six figures to do so.

Rich or poor, black or white, young and old, nearly everyone is looking to drive less: A nearly uniform seven in 10 say they are reducing driving. That compares with six in 10 who said so in an April 2005 AP-AOL survey.

Jacobs, a homemaker and mother of three in Baltimore, said gas costs forced her to turn down two summer trips — a cousin's wedding in North Carolina and a vacation with her parents in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

"My parents said `Come down, spend a week with us,'" said Jacobs, 35. "But when you add on the expense of gas, it's just not worth it."

Ironically, Jacobs plans to begin taking lessons this week for her first driver's license. "Just as prices go through the roof," she said.

Four in 10 are considering buying a vehicle that gets better gas mileage than their current one. That is about the same number who said so three years ago.

Some have already taken that step. English of Papillion, Neb., sold his 1998 Ford pickup, which got about 13 miles per gallon, for a more fuel-efficient convertible.

"It was a nice truck," said English, 43, an aircraft mechanic. "It didn't feel good" to get rid of it "and it still doesn't," he said.

Midwesterners are among the likeliest to think rising gas costs will cause them serious personal hardship; Southerners are among the more willing to reduce driving.

As a political issue in the presidential campaign, gas prices provide a slight edge to Democrat Barack Obama. More prefer him over Republican John McCain to handle it, 28 percent to 20 percent, while additional 18 percent trust both equally.

There also is a strong sense of powerlessness. One-third do not think either candidate can deal with the problem. That includes half of independents, one-third of Republicans and one-quarter of Democrats.

There are alot of people that are affected by gas prices MUCH worse than this. I'm sorry, but switching to bar soap from exotic washes? really? We need to report that as a 'hardship'? And switching from a truck to a convertible?

And turning down a beach vaction with your parents? (They live in Baltimore so, it is a 1000 mile round trip drive. At 20 MPG that is 50 gallons of gas at $4.25 which is $212.50 in gas. If gas was $2.50, that would have been $125 so, looking at an extra $87.00) They probably didn't want to go so they just said gas was too high...

If articles want to refer to lifestyle changes that's fine, but some of these things that are being trotted out as hardships are a joke.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like how the lady wants her husband to change jobs yet her occupation is listed as home maker.

Maybe she should get a part time job?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #537
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I like how the lady wants her husband to change jobs yet her occupation is listed as home maker.

Maybe she should get a part time job?

Be nice to her, she has to use bar soap now and that would not be easy to go back to.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #538
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
There are alot of people that are affected by gas prices MUCH worse than this. I'm sorry, but switching to bar soap from exotic washes? really? We need to report that as a 'hardship'? And switching from a truck to a convertible?

And turning down a beach vaction with your parents? (They live in Baltimore so, it is a 1000 mile round trip drive. At 20 MPG that is 50 gallons of gas at $4.25 which is $212.50 in gas. If gas was $2.50, that would have been $125 so, looking at an extra $87.00) They probably didn't want to go so they just said gas was too high...

If articles want to refer to lifestyle changes that's fine, but some of these things that are being trotted out as hardships are a joke.

The one that stuck out at me is "We used to go out to have dinner, but we're cutting way back on that." It seems if you can afford the luxury of a dinner out than an extra buck or two for gas isn't going to break you.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #539
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The one that stuck out at me is "We used to go out to have dinner, but we're cutting way back on that." It seems if you can afford the luxury of a dinner out than an extra buck or two for gas isn't going to break you.

But now the homemaker now has to actually cook. The next step is cutting out the maid, then she is really screwed because she will have to clean as well.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #540
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
But now the homemaker now has to actually cook. The next step is cutting out the maid, then she is really screwed because she will have to clean as well.

ahhh, Dallas housewives. Gotta love em
Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #541
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I find it interesting that more people think Obama can handle the gas price issue than McCain. Can any of those people even come up with something either candidate said they would do?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #542
saldana
Pro Starter

so with the price of gas at 4 bucks a gallon in my area, i had no choice this weekend, and had to trade in my 06 Dodge Dakota...29K when it was new 2 years ago, they only gave me 12K back for it!!!

i was spending almost 15 dollars a day in gas to get back and forth to work, so i bought an Avenger, which essentially doubles my MPG, plus, i get 570 gallons of gas at 2.99 each year for the next 3 years.

Last edited by saldana : 07-01-2008 at 08:43 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:55 AM   #543
st.cronin
General Manager

It has been as low as $3.50 in Albuquerque in the last week. Good news.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #544
duckman
Pro Starter

$3.399 since Tuesday.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #545
RendeR
Coordinator

Ya'll need to stop whining, price topped out at about 4.60/gl here in western NY about a month ago and has since dropped to 4.19-4.39 depending on where you buy it.

those of you with sub-4$ prices and kiss my shining white ass.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #546
st.cronin
General Manager

Who was whining? I said it was good news.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #547
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Sadly in the UK we are paying one of the highest rates of tax on gasoline in the world (117%), but nothing seems to be spent on the roads, which are appalling in the UK.

The $400+ "road tax" we also pay each year (soon to rise to almost $1000 for some cars) does not seem to get spent on transport either...
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #548
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm sad to say that I was VERY excited about seeing $3.72 gas the other day...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #549
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

$4.39 in Seattle today, and that is good.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #550
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Who was whining? I said it was good news.

Was a general statement SC, not really directed at anyone in particular. For as long as I can remember I've never thought about gasoline prices as anything diferent from say, natural gas or lectricity, it was what it was and you had to have it, so why stress it, but even I'm beginning to get frustrated with the way things are going nowdays. We just saw our first actual drop in gas prices recently (like last week I think) so its been a bit annoying to even look at the gas pumps let alone buy fuel.

anyway, carry on and lets hope they keep falling for awihle.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote