Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #5451
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what's a bigger faceplam

1) TNA announces that they've hired Billy Corgan to head up all creative.
Yes, Smashing Pumpkins Billy Corgan.

2) Jeff Jarrett confirms that Eric Bischoff will be working with/for his new GWF promotion
Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #5452
miami_fan
Coordinator

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #5453
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jeff Hardy breaks his leg in a dirtbike accident, surgery to repair was scheduled for today.

That's after winning the tag titles vacated when Eddie Edwards suffered a broken heel.

I'm thinking maybe the next guy slated to win those tag titles should consider saying thanks but no thanks.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #5454
Mota
College Benchwarmer

That crash looked pretty brutal! That was one high jump! I'd never try anything like that, but I guess that's one of the reasons I'm not a pro wrestler. I also wouldn't dive off a 10 foot high stage onto a concrete floor for ANY reason.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #5455
molson
General Manager

Great debut for Sami Zayn on RAW last night, unfortunately he popped his shoulder out during his entrance.

https://gfycat.com/SoggyAgonizingDwarfmongoose

Last edited by molson : 05-05-2015 at 11:38 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #5456
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Well I just got tickets to take my son to Raw here in May. It's on a school night so I'm sure he will be excited. It'll be the first show that I've been to in a really, really, long time. I ended up going with cheaper seats that say limited view, but how bad are these seats really going to be? And am I going to kick myself for not paying twice the price for normal seats? Or will it be enough that we are going and can still have a good time? From the map it looks like I'm a little behind the stage area, but 3rd row up in that section. For sure I won't be able to see the front of the entrance stage, but once the guys come out it shouldn't be an issue.

Well we had a great time last night. Yeah, we couldn't see any of the walkouts until they were about halfway down the ramp, but otherwise it was just fine. We were able to see the television feed on the overhead scoreboard so we didn't miss out on anything. It's kind of silly though when you think about it. You would think that the best available tickets for a presale would give you the seats on the camera side where you could see the guys facing the cameras. As it was we were right on the farthest possible away. Oh well, it did have it's advantages. It didn't feel crowded, the lines were really short and my son didn't care. He was just super happy to be there. I didn't tell him until we had parked and were walking down there. You could see where we were sitting as the camera angles were right that we could pick out right where we were.

As much crap as Cena gets and yeah every match right now is pretty much the same thing, his match was the best of the night hands down. He is again doing a lot of the heavy lifting for the company. The Daniel Bryant segment was sad, but went over well. The whole situation just sucks for him. The main event felt like it had next to no heat at all until they were close to the end. I'm pretty sure everyone in the building knew how it would end with Ambrose closing out the show.

We will rewatch it today just to hear some of the stuff that we missed, but all in all, a good experience and something we might do again.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 05-12-2015 at 10:57 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #5457
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Yeah no matter what you think of the WWE these days, live shows are a blast. Glad you had fun!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #5458
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think this might have been hotter a decade ago but it sounds like we are going to be seeing a lot more of Tammy Lynn Sytch in the near future courtesy of an adult entertainment company.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #5459
General Mike
Pro Starter

TNA cancelled by Destination America according to Dave Meltzer.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:03 PM   #5460
molson
General Manager

And Samoa Joe to NXT, using that name. Apparently not full time, he'll still do some indie dates. So he probably won't be a WWE guy unless things really work for both sides and they sign a new deal.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:40 AM   #5461
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And Samoa Joe to NXT, using that name. Apparently not full time, he'll still do some indie dates. So he probably won't be a WWE guy unless things really work for both sides and they sign a new deal.

It makes for a nice 2-3 month feud with Owens.

I kind of like how NXT does it with some of the popular wrestlers out there that have a name. Bring them in, the fans go nuts, and they get to be enhancement for the young guys. They've done with Rhyno and even Brian Kendrick.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:40 AM   #5462
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
TNA cancelled by Destination America according to Dave Meltzer.

How do you not have the ratings to survive on Destination America?
Old 05-21-2015, 03:21 AM   #5463
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How do you not have the ratings to survive on Destination America?

They are the 2nd or 3rd highest ranked show there, but they didn't know how much it cost to run.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #5464
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I swear, Angelico has a death wish.

I think we need to rename the roof of Dario Cueto's office "The Angelico Launching Pad"

Lucha Underground 5/20/15: Highlights - YouTube
Old 05-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #5465
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't believe how much better NXT is over WWE at this point.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #5466
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
They are the 2nd or 3rd highest ranked show there, but they didn't know how much it cost to run.

Also, the advertisers they have for other programming thinks pro wrestling is too low brow for them.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #5467
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I swear, Angelico has a death wish.

I think we need to rename the roof of Dario Cueto's office "The Angelico Launching Pad"

Lucha Underground 5/20/15: Highlights - YouTube

saqw that last night, one of the most insane spots ive seen
Old 05-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #5468
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I don't have much to add usually, but thought this was cool. My buddy just ran into Jimmy 'The Mouth of the South' Hart at 'Hogan's Beach' in Florida.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #5469
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ROH debuts on Destination America Wed June 3 at 8pm, as a lead in to new episode of TNA Impact.

We'll see how many more 'new episodes' of Impact exist fairly soon most likely.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #5470
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Joe has signed a new full-time deal with the WWE, he'll finish up his indie dates over the next few weeks and then be exclusive to the WWE, so I imagine we'll see him on the main roster fairly soon. I'm sure he's making more then regular developmental money to have been willing to give up his indie career. The WWE was impressed by Joe's performance at recent NXT tapings, and his merchandise sales.

Last edited by molson : 06-02-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #5471
RainMaker
General Manager

Kevin Owens is pretty fun to watch.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #5472
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Joe has signed a new full-time deal with the WWE, he'll finish up his indie dates over the next few weeks and then be exclusive to the WWE, so I imagine we'll see him on the main roster fairly soon. I'm sure he's making more then regular developmental money to have been willing to give up his indie career. The WWE was impressed by Joe's performance at recent NXT tapings, and his merchandise sales.

He also wrestled the dark match last night vs Tyson Kidd. I figure he won't even be in NXT and debut to take out Kevin Owens at WWE level.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #5473
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Kevin Owens is pretty fun to watch.

Agreed. I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle for RoH last year. I didn't know anything about RoH at the time and decided to go on a whim. Kevin Steen was in the main event. For a guy who really doesn't have the prototypical WWE body, he has an amazing combination of power and speed. I was surprised at how good he was and came away really impressed with his skill set. I hope he and Zayn can stick around for a long time.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #5474
RainMaker
General Manager

I never really knew of him before WWE although people raved about him. His feud with Zayn in NXT was incredible and his interactions with Cena have been great too. Although last nights Cena promo was terrible.

Goes to show that when you let a heel win clean once in awhile it makes things more interesting. Also see Brock Lesnar.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #5475
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Agreed. I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle for RoH last year. I didn't know anything about RoH at the time and decided to go on a whim. Kevin Steen was in the main event. For a guy who really doesn't have the prototypical WWE body, he has an amazing combination of power and speed. I was surprised at how good he was and came away really impressed with his skill set. I hope he and Zayn can stick around for a long time.

I saw him quite a few times in 2009/2010 in RoH. One match against Sami Zayn (El Generico) during their big feud was great, we were in the front row that show. Their match opened the show and was vicious. Then at intermission they brawled back to ringside and went crashing into the guard rail, knocking it into my son's elbow. Thankfully he wasn't hurt, the fans were so nice to him, asking him how he was.

I think that show was also Davey Richards against Seth Rollins (Tyler Black). Those were some good times in RoH!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #5476
molson
General Manager

Dusty Rhodes passes away | WWE.com
Old 06-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #5477
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fuck. I thought he was going to live forever.

They'll never catch the Midnight Rider...
Old 06-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #5478
molson
General Manager

The Wrestling Observer said, "The only details we've heard is that he had a fall at his house earlier today and his kidneys were shutting down and he started to get dehydrated."

There was nobody quite like The Dream. You wouldn't think "fat guy who speaks in the manner of a southern baptist minister" would be the formula for one of the biggest stars in wrestling history, but he was. The guy was red-hot and super over no matter where he went or what he did - even when he pranced around in polka-dot trunks.

Here's a little biography from Meltzer that isn't behind the paywall, I'm sure he'll have a epically long obituary and story on his life in next Observer.

Dusty Rhodes passes away

Last edited by molson : 06-11-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #5479
Flasch186
Coordinator

The polka dots is awesome because it was Vince's way to humiliate him and the Dream killed it and totally flipped it in Vince's face.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #5480
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The polka dots is awesome because it was Vince's way to humiliate him and the Dream killed it and totally flipped it in Vince's face.
That's why they called DiBiase's flunky "Virgil"
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #5481
molson
General Manager

I always thought it was crazy how many wrestlers came out of the West Texas St. football team - Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Terry and Dory Funk, Ted DiBiase, Tully Blanchard, Manny Fernandez, and then later, Barry Windham and Tito Santana.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #5482
miami_fan
Coordinator

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel passes away | WWE.com
Old 06-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #5483
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jeff Jarrett returned to a TNA ring tonight, wearing his GFW t-shirt, has been added to this weekend's Slamiversary King Of The Mountain match.

Rumors swirling that he has completed (re)acquisition of controlling interest in TNA but a post-segment interview backstage had something that jumped out at me: he talked about "one final match in TNA" and hyped GFW pretty clean.

My guess is that IF he does have control back - legit - then they know the TV deal is dead and, basically, so is TNA.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #5484
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kurt Angle Hospitalized: Updates on TNA Star's Recovery from Surgery | Bleacher Report
Old 07-20-2015, 07:28 AM   #5485
PilotMan
Head Coach

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #5486
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

A's fans know how to cup the balls is now confirmed.

Gotta say I love the immediate shit storm from the internet over the final 2 matches.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #5487
Suicane75
Coordinator

Meanwhile, over in Japan, Shibata/Styles and Ibushi/Tanahashi absolutely blew away anything you've seen on WWE TV in the past 3 months outside of perhaps Cena/Owens.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #5488
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

For Virgil, the million dollar quest never ends | FOX Sports
Old 07-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #5489
miami_fan
Coordinator

Twitter rumors are saying that Hulk Hogan has been scrubbed from all things WWE. I just checked and the Hall of Fame goes from Howard Finkel to The Iron Sheik.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #5490
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Apparently it was a preemptive move by WWE because there's a video of Hulk going on a racial tirade that is making the rounds.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #5491
Logan
Head Coach

Here's the article with the alleged quotes from the tape:

World Exclusive: Hulk's N Word Racist Rants Caught On Tape – Foul, Disgusting Tirade Leaks - The National Enquirer
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #5492
Logan
Head Coach

I'm assuming this is revenge from the Gawker lawsuit?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #5493
digamma
Torchbearer

It sounds like it is a document in the Gawker lawsuit. Was supposed to be sealed, so one can only guess at the leak.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #5494
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Quote:
Knowing that he could always teach school, Jones began training with the Wild Samoans and their nephews, Rodney Anoa'i and Solofa Fatu, Jr. Both would end up in WWE as Yokozuna and Rikishi respectfully.

Where is that grammar thread?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:19 PM   #5495
molson
General Manager

TMZ says Roddy Piper has died.

Roddy Piper Dead -- Dies at 61 from Cardiac Arrest | TMZ.com

Last edited by molson : 07-31-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #5496
RainMaker
General Manager

Terrible news. He was so far ahead of his time. Could still pop in and cut a killer promo.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:04 PM   #5497
RainMaker
General Manager

This was just a year ago. So good.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #5498
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

RIP. Listened to him on the Rich Eisen show just a week ago.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:36 PM   #5499
molson
General Manager

Kind of a tie-in with UFC 190 tomorrow night, Ronda Rousey did get her nickname directly from Roddy Piper. Both were mentored by Gene LeBell. Rousey's a wrestling fan, and when she was starting out in MMA, she wanted the "Rowdy" nickname, and LeBell said she needed Piper's permission to use it, and Piper gave it to her. (Heard that story from Meltzer today)

Last edited by molson : 07-31-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #5500
molson
General Manager

His promos were ridiculous. Dusty Rhodes was great, but nobody had the chaotic, odd-ball fire of Roddy Piper in his prime. This isn't a famous promo, it's for a random house show in probably late 1986.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by molson : 08-01-2015 at 12:00 AM.