Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #5651
MJ4H
Coordinator

So you would say it is 100% that Missouri is going to the SEC?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #5652
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
So you would say it is 100% that Missouri is going to the SEC?

It's 100% if UT refuses to give in to Mizzou's demands. Thus far, they have shown no interest in doing so. UT now has to try to figure out if a MU exit means OU/OSU reconsider their commitment to the Big 12. If so, then they may consider backing off their hardball stance.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #5653
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Missouri Fans Triumph In SEC Campaign : Outkick The Coverage

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1274457

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-04-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #5654
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Just repeating what's being said.

Missouri Tigers curators vote to consider leaving Big 12 - ESPN
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #5655
sooner333
College Starter

I don't know what OU and OSU are going to go unless Boren was telling the truth about not being rejected or unless the PAC 10 reevaluates and thinks they have Texas where they want them to give in. Texas has no reason to give in to Mizzou though because the give in money is greater elsewhere.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #5656
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's 100% if UT refuses to give in to Mizzou's demands. Thus far, they have shown no interest in doing so. UT now has to try to figure out if a MU exit means OU/OSU reconsider their commitment to the Big 12. If so, then they may consider backing off their hardball stance.

Ok, but even if Oklahoma reconsiders their commitment to the Big 12, where are they going? The Pac-12 said no, and they can't bring their little brother (Ok. State) to the strip club (SEC)
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #5657
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
I don't know what OU and OSU are going to go unless Boren was telling the truth about not being rejected or unless the PAC 10 reevaluates and thinks they have Texas where they want them to give in. Texas has no reason to give in to Mizzou though because the give in money is greater elsewhere.

Lots of factors still to play out. What happens in Big East, ACC, and Big 10? Do any of those conference make further moves? Does Pac-XX see other options or reconsider a previous stance? Does SEC reconsider opposition to OSU?

The problem for some of these conferences is that they face a watered down product if they don't get the prime candidates still available in the B12 and Big East. Texas is quickly reaching a point where even a renegotiated B12 1st tier contract may not increase the $$$ per team just because they'll be bringing in what amounts to mid-major schools as replacements to get the conference back up to 10-12 teams.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #5658
timmynausea
College Starter

Here's a Greg Swaim tweet:

Quote:
#Mizzou has #SEC offer, but do they have #B1G offer? A source in Chicago tells us yonight they do. More Wednesday at GregSwaim.com
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #5659
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post

Clearly they didn't ask Illinois to vote.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #5660
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

FWIW.....Swaim is also saying that Rutgers would be the 14th if Mizzou was added.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #5661
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Seems like inviting Rutgers and Missouri at the same time could be a bad move, assuming the goal is ND and Texas. Isn't there the possibility then of both the Big East and Big 12 being destroyed at the same time and merging into one conference, potentially including ND? Neither the BE or B12 look so great now, but a conference of Texas, OU, ND, WVU and whoever else looks pretty good.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #5662
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Seems like inviting Rutgers and Missouri at the same time could be a bad move, assuming the goal is ND and Texas. Isn't there the possibility then of both the Big East and Big 12 being destroyed at the same time and merging into one conference, potentially including ND? Neither the BE or B12 look so great now, but a conference of Texas, OU, ND, WVU and whoever else looks pretty good.

The problem with the B10 theory from Swaim (assuming it's correct) is that there were a lot of bridges burned last year with the snub after working together for several months on a move. Given the relatively short time frame on the move this year, I don't think there's enough time to mend that situation and put together a deal. I think Mizzou (assuming Texas doesn't change their stance) is going to go to the SEC.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #5663
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Article on Mizzou's fit within the SEC.......

The SEC needs Missouri more for image than for football | Mark Bradley
Old 10-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #5664
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Missouri wanted to be the in the Big Ten and would still go there if they ever got the offer.

Source: Missouri wants Big Ten invite more than SEC - NCAA Football - SI.com
Old 10-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #5665
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is that the kind of comment a pro-Big 12 Mizzou administrator leaks? "SEC is second banana to the B1G in our eyes." I guess this is something the SEC knows and presumably doesn't care about (since by all accounts it will never happen), but I've come to the point where I have to scrutinize every single reason for every single piece of info that comes out these days.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #5666
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

When this all shakes out, you're gonna have Texas (overbearing power hungry assholes), Missouri (overplayed their hand, tried to play all sides and got left out), and West Virginia (less popular than cholera, academics in the toilet) all together collecting the scraps from other conferences to try and patch together some credibility.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #5667
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is that the kind of comment a pro-Big 12 Mizzou administrator leaks? "SEC is second banana to the B1G in our eyes." I guess this is something the SEC knows and presumably doesn't care about (since by all accounts it will never happen), but I've come to the point where I have to scrutinize every single reason for every single piece of info that comes out these days.

As well you should. Every story has an agenda. This obviously was someone from part of the small academic minority that thought the B10 was a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
When this all shakes out, you're gonna have Texas (overbearing power hungry assholes), Missouri (overplayed their hand, tried to play all sides and got left out), and West Virginia (less popular than cholera, academics in the toilet) all together collecting the scraps from other conferences to try and patch together some credibility.

Mizzou doesn't have any credibility issues. Mizzou reacted both last year and this year to other schools' decisions. There's nothing wrong with finishing something that was started by someone else. The nice thing about going somewhere else is that we won't have the issue of the blame game that Texas and the B12 office constantly play through the media. Hope they enjoy what's left.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #5668
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

ND won't join for football, and if they do decide that their hand has been forced they'll go ACC or Big Ten, at least that's what I believe.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #5669
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Texas to not air HS games on the their network.

Orangebloods.com - UT makes concessions on LHN as part of granting rights
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #5670
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post

I never understood how they were going to make that work.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #5671
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I never understood how they were going to make that work.

I'm still trying to figure out why they'd give up the option.

I assume the concerns from some of the other schools have something to do with a perceived recruiting advantage (or something of that nature). As far as I can figure, there'd be nothing stopping a school from doing the same sort of thing on their radio network or even online as part of the rights they haven't signed away.

The jealousy that other schools seem to have about Texas astonishes me. Hell, I'm sure that UGA folks (that are familiar with the details at least) are envious of the way Alabama & Auburn made both their radio networks more profitable by agreeing to share some workload at one point but I never heard anyone bitching about it/trying to block them. Instead they just went out & found a way to improve their own situation.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #5672
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Report: Missouri Tigers hope to join SEC, had wanted Big Ten invite most - ESPN

good thing MMBF has those inside sources that ESPN doesn't!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #5673
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Missouri wanted to be the in the Big Ten and would still go there if they ever got the offer.

Source: Missouri wants Big Ten invite more than SEC - NCAA Football - SI.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Report: Missouri Tigers hope to join SEC, had wanted Big Ten invite most - ESPN

good thing MMBF has those inside sources that ESPN doesn't!

Or SI or the AP....

EDIT: I don't think he would disagree with the info. The Big Ten rumors were first and the The Big Ten is a better fit, but The Big Ten wanted Nebraska instead.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-06-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #5674
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post

The games thing wasn't a concession - the NCAA already ruled they couldn't do that. I think this involves highlights, which the NCAA approved in some form.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #5675
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I don't get it, he said Mizzou preferred the B1G back on page 4, 17, 34, 35, 57, 63, 89, and 102.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #5676
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I don't get it, he said Mizzou preferred the B1G back on page 4, 17, 34, 35, 57, 63, 89, and 102.

I don't think he ever used the stupid term B1G.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #5677
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
FWIW.....Swaim is also saying that Rutgers would be the 14th if Mizzou was added.
He also said OU and OSU were going to the Pac-XX a month ago.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #5678
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
The games thing wasn't a concession - the NCAA already ruled they couldn't do that. I think this involves highlights, which the NCAA approved in some form.

It does...MO originally wanted it for 13 years...Texas agreed to the 6 years to tie in with everything else....
Old 10-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #5679
digamma
Torchbearer

TCU to the Big 12?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #5680
Ksyrup

That's been rumored for some time. Just as long as Gary Patterson doesn't have to help SMU join as well...
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #5681
Ksyrup

This was my first question:

dennisdoddcbs Dennis Dodd
Is this expected to keep Missouri in or is it an admission that Missouri is out?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #5682
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
That's been rumored for some time. Just as long as Gary Patterson doesn't have to help SMU join as well...

Yeah, I should have made a longer post. There are several reports (mostly in the twitterverse that the Big 12 has reached some sort of "agreement" with regard to TCU.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #5683
timmynausea
College Starter

Majority of SEC presidents favor Missouri, but not yet enough | al.com
Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #5684
Ksyrup

TheFakeESPN The Fake ESPN
A&M gets an invite to the SEC, TCU gets an invite to the Big 12, Texas Tech gets an invite to Google+
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #5685
Ksyrup

Confused by this:

Quote:
According to both sources, Alabama wants to look East and not risk losing its annual game against Tennessee, while Auburn favors adding Missouri and moving to the Eastern Division.

If you add 2 western schools (Mizzou and aTm), then 2 schools have to move east. I just assumed Alabama and Auburn would both move to the east, and that would solve the issue, right? Alabama would play UT every year as a division game, and Auburn gets what they want. So if Alabama is concerned they would lose the UT game, and you need 2 teams to move east, who would move with Auburn?

I guess I'm confused on the Alabama thing. How does adding an east coast team save their UT game, and why wouldn't them moving to the east division save it?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-06-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #5686
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Confused by this:

If you add 2 western schools (Mizzou and aTm), then 2 schools have to move east. I just assumed Alabama and Auburn would both move to the east, and that would solve the issue, right? Alabama would play UT every year as a division game, and Auburn gets what they want. So if Alabama is concerned they would lose the UT game, and you need 2 teams to move east, who would move with Auburn?

I guess I'm confused on the Alabama thing. How does adding an east coast team save their UT game, and why wouldn't them moving save it?

That is confusing wording. Supposedly Alabama wants to stay in the West without losing their yearly Tennessee game. Auburn wants to move East.

Here's some further analysis of that article:

Alabama | MrSEC.com

Edit to say: What you're saying actually makes more sense to me, although it would make the East pretty ridiculous with UF, UGA, Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee.

Last edited by timmynausea : 10-06-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #5687
Ksyrup

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
#CraigJamesSadFace RT @kbohls: Big 12 is not considering any other Texas schools.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #5688
Ksyrup

Quote:
That is confusing wording. Supposedly Alabama wants to stay in the West without losing their yearly Tennessee game. Auburn wants to move East.

Here's some further analysis of that article:

Alabama | MrSEC.com

Edit to say: What you're saying actually makes more sense to me, although it would make the East pretty ridiculous with UF, UGA, Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee.

And South Carolina. Vandy and UK might petition the league to allow them to play a home-and-home against each other each season!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-06-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #5689
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Confused by this:

I guess I'm confused on the Alabama thing. How does adding an east coast team save their UT game, and why wouldn't them moving to the east division save it?

Under your plan the East would have 8 teams and the West would have 6.

Obviously if Auburn moved to the East, they would be Bama's permanent cross division rival. The plan that I saw yesterday would actually have Missouri in the East and then they could be cross divisional rivals with aTm.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #5690
timmynausea
College Starter

Actually now that I think about it, that wouldn't be balanced:

East (8):
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
South Carolina

West (6):
Texas A&M
Missouri
LSU
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

Edit: And digamma beat me to it.

Last edited by timmynausea : 10-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #5691
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Under your plan the East would have 8 teams and the West would have 6.

Obviously if Auburn moved to the East, they would be Bama's permanent cross division rival. The plan that I saw yesterday would actually have Missouri in the East and then they could be cross divisional rivals with aTm.

I think I was thinking of a 16-team league, where 2 would need to move.

So the issue here for Alabama is that they could only have 1 cross-division rival, which would obviously have to be Auburn, but doing that would cause the UT game to go away on a yearly basis, right? I think I got it now.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #5692
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
I think I was thinking of a 16-team league, where 2 would need to move.

So the issue here for Alabama is that they could only have 1 cross-division rival, which would obviously have to be Auburn, but doing that would cause the UT game to go away on a yearly basis, right? I think I got it now.

Yes, that's the basic issue.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #5693
bronconick
College Starter

According to this, TCU's been invited to the Big 12/10/9/8? conference.

TCU to join Big 12 in 2012-13 - CBSSports.com
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #5694
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
According to this, TCU's been invited to the Big 12/10/9/8? conference.

TCU to join Big 12 in 2012-13 - CBSSports.com

If true, I do not want to see what the blood bath and gnashing and wailing will be like on the BYU boards......
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #5695
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Please god let the Big 12 invite SMU.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #5696
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A Michigan insider is saying ND to the ACC is quickly on the way to becoming a reality. No idea how much he actually knows about this but I find it interesting. My guess is if they do go to the ACC then Michigan and Michigan State will stop scheduling them.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #5697
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
A Michigan insider is saying ND to the ACC is quickly on the way to becoming a reality. No idea how much he actually knows about this but I find it interesting. My guess is if they do go to the ACC then Michigan and Michigan State will stop scheduling them.

I figured Michigan was going to stop when they got to a 9 game BT schedule anyway. They've have to have 7 home games every year instead of 8.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #5698
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
I figured Michigan was going to stop when they got to a 9 game BT schedule anyway. They've have to have 7 home games every year instead of 8.

It wouldn't shock me. I know Brandon wants to schedule more marquee teams to get buzz. ND is clearly a marquee team but he wants diversity on the schedule. We'll see how that goes.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #5699
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
It wouldn't shock me. I know Brandon wants to schedule more marquee teams to get buzz. ND is clearly a marquee team but he wants diversity on the schedule. We'll see how that goes.

I think he'll look for more games like Alabama in Dallas, but not so much home and homes with major teams.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #5700
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I guess somebody needs to bring this up every 10 pages or so. The only moves so far have been A&M (which a lot people saw) and Syracuse/Pitt (which some people said but no major news reported on). And the other 2000 posts (1500 without MBBF ) have been pure garbage. Just thought it might be important to remember with ND headed to the ACC and about 40 teams joining the Big 12 today.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote