Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #151
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Beginning to wonder what the upheaval level is going to hit in San Fran if this keeps up. You know this season has to be bugging the upper management.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #152
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just toss Suggs for plays like that. I like the guy, but that's inexcusable.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #153
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NFL Refs always have a way of trying to get the game under control after the game already has escaped their grasp of control.

Last edited by stevew : 11-02-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #154
kingfc22
Head Coach

What a cheap shot. Curious to see what Suggs is fined. Probably the same amount as wearing the wrong head phones.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #155
PilotMan
Head Coach

I just want to know how Joe Greene ended up with that massive knot on his forehead that he didn't have when he went out there for halftime.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #156
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This antonio brown 5 catches in a game streak is the dumbest non-record record.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #157
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Antonio Brown is really fun to watch when he's not showboating.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #158
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wow. To think my initial reaction was "WTF is he doing taking it out from that deep in the end zone??" Guess that's why I'm not returning kicks.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #159
stevew
Hall Of Famer

All Martavis Bryant does is score TDs.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #160
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Nick Foles out for the rest of the game-shoulder injury. Enjoy Mark Sanchez Philly fans!

Nick Foles of Philadelphia Eagles has broken collarbone - ESPN

Quote:
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles will be out indefinitely with a broken collarbone, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #161
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I hear Chip Kelly is already out getting a tattoo of Sanchez
Old 11-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #162
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
There was a huge dropoff there, but that team was just so dominant it didn't show as much in record alone. Patriots went from 589 points to 410, and Indy dropped from 435 to 243, just about an equal 185 point drop in each case...

Any 'record' result is going to lead to a drop off the next season. A record outlay is never sustainable. For example, the Broncos scored 606 points last year (37.9 pts/game) while this year they are at 32.0 pts/game (which would equal 512 pts over 16 games - a drop off of almost 100, and the Broncos are still #1 in pts per game this season).
Old 11-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #163
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Who are these steelers?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #164
miami_fan
Coordinator

You are already limping, Flacco. Stop it already!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #165
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Any 'record' result is going to lead to a drop off the next season. A record outlay is never sustainable. For example, the Broncos scored 606 points last year (37.9 pts/game) while this year they are at 32.0 pts/game (which would equal 512 pts over 16 games - a drop off of almost 100, and the Broncos are still #1 in pts per game this season).

It simply comes down to the Patriots doing a better job than the Colts getting the next man up ready to play when each lost their starting QB for the season.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #166
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
It simply comes down to the Patriots doing a better job than the Colts getting the next man up ready to play when each lost their starting QB for the season.

That's true, when Peyton went down they went out and grabbed an unretired Kerry Collins at the last minute.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #167
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
And saw Scott Mitchell throwing it.

Nah, Mitchell couldn't throw the long ball near that well. The 2nd pick of Dalton was a fluky one where Dalton was trying to hit his screen guy who got tackled trying to get through the line and couldn't stop the throw, so it bounced off a helmet and ended up going right to a guy. The first pick was debatable, I think Sanu should have had that, could have attacked the ball rather than drifting back and allowing that to be undercut. It was an iffy throw though, a dangerous spot to try and squeeze it in.

For all the complaints about Dalton, his turnover rate is still one of the lowest in NFL history for a QB with more than 1500 attempts. It was number 1 all time coming into this game. People claim he sucks, but I still don't see it. We'll see if he can get the job done this post season if the Bengals end up there. The defense has to hold up their end though.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #168
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Beginning to wonder what the upheaval level is going to hit in San Fran if this keeps up. You know this season has to be bugging the upper management.

You and me both. I've been pooh-poohing this talk of internal strife due to Harbaugh all year, but the performance this year leads me to wonder if maybe I'm wrong. The team isn't all that different, and they've been playing like ass. The defense is the only bright spot, and they're the unit that has the excuse (Willis, Bowman and Smith out for extended periods of time). I just don't know what to expect at this point.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #169
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Nah, Mitchell couldn't throw the long ball near that well. The 2nd pick of Dalton was a fluky one where Dalton was trying to hit his screen guy who got tackled trying to get through the line and couldn't stop the throw, so it bounced off a helmet and ended up going right to a guy. The first pick was debatable, I think Sanu should have had that, could have attacked the ball rather than drifting back and allowing that to be undercut. It was an iffy throw though, a dangerous spot to try and squeeze it in.

For all the complaints about Dalton, his turnover rate is still one of the lowest in NFL history for a QB with more than 1500 attempts. It was number 1 all time coming into this game. People claim he sucks, but I still don't see it. We'll see if he can get the job done this post season if the Bengals end up there. The defense has to hold up their end though.

I've been a big supporter but I'm starting to lose that some. He's just careless. He can't throw the out pattern well at all as he always leaves it behind his wr, he can't throw the slant pattern over the middle well for the same reason. Then he generally lacks touch for the 15 yard pass over a linebacker's head as it always sails on him into the hands of a safety.

Part of it is probably coaching. They continue to believe he's somehow Manning or Brady and he's not. They should have 55% of their plays being runs, not the other way around.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #170
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man the NFC East has been a disaster zone for their QB's this season. Watch out Eli! (sorry in advance Lathum)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #171
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
You and me both. I've been pooh-poohing this talk of internal strife due to Harbaugh all year, but the performance this year leads me to wonder if maybe I'm wrong. The team isn't all that different, and they've been playing like ass. The defense is the only bright spot, and they're the unit that has the excuse (Willis, Bowman and Smith out for extended periods of time). I just don't know what to expect at this point.

A down season is one thing, but they signed their QB to a solid contract, Seattle isn't exactly in dynasty mode, and the division leader is Arizona with a twice dumped QB including the Raiders.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #172
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Man the NFC East has been a disaster zone for their QB's this season. Watch out Eli! (sorry in advance Lathum)

Maybe it'll be bad, but I think Sanchez will do fine.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #173
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Who are these steelers?

Good question.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I never want to see a guy go down, but I would be ok with an extended look at Nassib to see what he can do.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #175
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I've been a big supporter but I'm starting to lose that some. He's just careless. He can't throw the out pattern well at all as he always leaves it behind his wr, he can't throw the slant pattern over the middle well for the same reason. Then he generally lacks touch for the 15 yard pass over a linebacker's head as it always sails on him into the hands of a safety.

Part of it is probably coaching. They continue to believe he's somehow Manning or Brady and he's not. They should have 55% of their plays being runs, not the other way around.

I think some of it is coaching, but that throw to Sanu could have been an easy completion if Sanu just broke his route a little sharper. It might have gone for a big gain if the DB still tried to undercut it. I am of the opinion that Dalton has improved drastically this year in a lot of ways. The deep ball for instance, he was good with it last year, but this year he is hitting an even higher percentage, and the throws are right on the money almost every time. He has absolutely killed blitzes, and he has done most of his work without his top 3 targets. Manning and Brady have their sloppy moments too, but people continue to magnify Dalton's because everyone is afraid to say he has the ability until he wins in the playoffs. I guess it wasn't like that for Manning because he was a number 1 pick, and I guess it wasn't that way for Brady because he was blessed with a killer supporting cast and a great defense in his first playoff run.

Thursday night is a big game. I want to see the team come out and put the screws to the Browns on national TV in prime time on a short week. I think they can do it, but I want to see it happen as I am sure most Bengal fans do. Prime time has been a sticking point for a while for this team.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #176
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The Rams were trying to give the game to the Niners all afternoon, but the boys from San Francisco just weren't having it.

Yeah, the O-line looked like shit all game, but the 49ers legitimately scored twice on the final drive, both of which the refs inexplicably didn't call TD's. The Crabtree catch was the most ludicrous. He clearly had the entire ball (not just the tip, but the whole of the football) in the end zone, from every angle, including the goal line cam, but even after it was reviewed, they couldn't get off the "well, did he catch it or not?" kick. Can someone else explain to me why that wasn't ruled a TD? I'm completely dumbfounded by that call.

What a shit show that was.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-03-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #177
Logan
Head Coach

Because he didn't completely possess it until the ball was out of the end zone.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #178
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Hope that this year finishes better for the Chiefs pass rush this year than last year. Last year, they were leading the NFL in sacks halfway through the season, only to see Hali and Houston go down to injuries.

This year, the Chiefs have the NFL's sack leader and are only a couple of sacks behind the team lead despite playing one game less than some of the other teams in the top 5.

Stay away, injury bug!!!!!!

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
The Rams were trying to give the game to the Niners all afternoon, but the boys from San Francisco just weren't having it.

Yeah, the O-line looked like shit all game, but the 49ers legitimately scored twice on the final drive, both of which the refs inexplicably didn't call TD's. The Crabtree catch was the most ludicrous. He clearly had the entire ball (not just the tip, but the whole of the football) in the end zone, from every angle, including the goal line cam, but even after it was reviewed, they couldn't get off the "well, did he catch it or not?" kick. Can someone else explain to me why that wasn't ruled a TD? I'm completely dumbfounded by that call.

I'm too lazy to search, but I am legitimately wondering if you have ever given credit to the other team for beating the niners as opposed to blaming the refs, etc...
Old 11-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #180
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, the O-line looked like shit all game, but the 49ers legitimately scored twice on the final drive, both of which the refs inexplicably didn't call TD's.

I found both of them rather explicable.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #181
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm too lazy to search, but I am legitimately wondering if you have ever given credit to the other team for beating the niners as opposed to blaming the refs, etc...

That's the impression that sticks with me just from reading these threads too FWIW.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #182
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

The throw to Crabtree I would not have called a catch. Had it not been ruled a catch, they would have been in better shape FWIW.

The play on the goal one was bad all around. The risk of various stuff happening was too great, I would have just kicked the FG and play for OT at that point. I question whether Kap ever had the ball secured at all on that play. He botched the snap, maybe he had it for a second, but then it was clearly on the ground.

If anything, I would have tried either a bootleg and use Kap's running ability to get in, or try a pass. But running up the gut, I question whether or not they would have had time to call a TO for the FG after the play.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #183
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I never want to see a guy go down, but I would be ok with an extended look at Nassib to see what he can do.

No me either (though I was ok with Romo being out ), but should the Giants continue to slide, I think they should give Nassib some playing time too.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #184
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
No me either (though I was ok with Romo being out ), but should the Giants continue to slide, I think they should give Nassib some playing time too.

Won't happen. If Eli is healthy he is playing.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #185
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
The throw to Crabtree I would not have called a catch. Had it not been ruled a catch, they would have been in better shape FWIW.

The play on the goal one was bad all around. The risk of various stuff happening was too great, I would have just kicked the FG and play for OT at that point. I question whether Kap ever had the ball secured at all on that play. He botched the snap, maybe he had it for a second, but then it was clearly on the ground.

If anything, I would have tried either a bootleg and use Kap's running ability to get in, or try a pass. But running up the gut, I question whether or not they would have had time to call a TO for the FG after the play.

Nine seconds should have been plenty of time for a normal play/TO/kick, even one with some scrambling around, given how tight the field was at that point. I would have either given it to Gore so he had some momentum moving forward or gone with an option play out of shotgun.

I just generally hate the sneak out of that formation. If they were going to do that, they would have been better served lining up spread out and then shifting tight.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #186
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

You really are such a homer.

Crabtree didn't have possession until after rolling out of the endzone back on the field of play. Frankly, I have my doubts whether that was a catch at all - the ball was clearly squirting out when he rolled over on it. But since it was ruled a catch on the field, you then have to give him possession where the ball was secured and that was most certainly not in the endzone.

And the fumble at the goal line was just that - a fumble.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #187
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I thought I saw that this was the 8th different starting O-Line group for the 49ers already... I don't care how good individual players are, you need continuity there. Look at Seattle too, or New England's improvement - it's not all been Gronks health, it's also been Bryan Stork getting healthy and solidifying the interior line.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #188
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I think most good NFL teams poop the bed on the road atleast once a year. Green Bay did it in New Orleans, Denver in NE, NE in KC, Pitt in Cle, ... Somedays the ball doesn't bounce your way combined with a good opposing gameplan and you have a bad result. If I were a Denver fan, I wouldn't be too worried. That said, NE is looking formidable right now and I wouldn't want to play them (which Green Bay does in 4 weeks).

I also think that Suggs hit was awful. When he did it, I jumped out of my chair with how cheap and brutal it looked. Suggs should feel fortunate Blunt didn't get a significant injury from it. As it is now, he should get a pretty hefty fine - pretty dirty play.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #189
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Whatever. Greg Roman needs to turn play-calling duties over to Harbaugh in the Red Zone.

Psh.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

Or they coulda used what is known as a "running back".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lets go GMEN

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #192
miami_fan
Coordinator

Rule change suggestion for the Competition Committee. Any player caught pulling players off the fumble pile gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #193
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Rule change suggestion for the Competition Committee. Any player caught pulling players off the fumble pile gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. This is getting ridiculous.

fairly certain that is a rule already.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #194
miami_fan
Coordinator

Coughlin is wearing a freaking jacket and he is putting the replay flag in his sock?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #195
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Coughlin is wearing a freaking jacket and he is putting the replay flag in his sock?

Old people are funny. Though maybe it's an impulse control issue?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He keeps his pockets loaded with hard candies so there is no room for the flag.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #197
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
You mean I don't have to keep it in my sock?

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #198
miami_fan
Coordinator

Randle is determined to get cut at halftime.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Randle is determined to get cut at halftime.

Jesus Christ catch the fucking ball. The defense has played really well so far and plays like that are so deflating.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #200
SteveMax58
College Starter

Ok bad enough that Randle cant catch, and is going the Colts best CB, but why do we keep forcing it into him? I mean yeah Parker sucks too, but if you are going to go deep....go to Beckham against the CB not named Davis.

Oh and stop with the stupid HB traps.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote