Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #2201
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I said you werent helping us win...wow, if your not offended then im happy. Im used to having to apologize for even the slightest slant. I dont mean it as an insult, so i hope you dont take it that way.

meh. you sniff out the badies better than i ever would. plus i havnt been reading , so i couldnt follow if i wanted to. just staying alive and keeping the odds in our favor is all im really any good for now anyways
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #2202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with everything BLade said. Everythime there is some tension I think we should post a link to the egypt game so people can realize things aren't so bad anymore...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #2203
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
meh. you sniff out the badies better than i ever would. plus i havnt been reading , so i couldnt follow if i wanted to. just staying alive and keeping the odds in our favor is all im really any good for now anyways

I have a role, nothing more..you showed your skills when you set me up a few games back with your night actions, so your quite capable
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #2204
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree with everything BLade said. Everythime there is some tension I think we should post a link to the egypt game so people can realize things aren't so bad anymore...

you were madddddddd that game, oh boy...im still stunned i get mid-day killed right after we have our total breakdown and no one connects the dots

Im still paying you back for that, and im looking forward to when were both bad so i can cut you loose on day 1 and laugh
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #2205
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
you were madddddddd that game, oh boy...im still stunned i get mid-day killed right after we have our total breakdown and no one connects the dots

Im still paying you back for that, and im looking forward to when were both bad so i can cut you loose on day 1 and laugh

I'm bored. Someone link it.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #2206
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
We got fagin, for all intensive purposes im happy as can be.
That should be, "for all intents and purposes."

Sorry, misworded idiom peeve of mine.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #2207
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
That should be, "for all intents and purposes."

Sorry, misworded idiom peeve of mine.
Daddytorgo...remember when i said we all like each other? Scratch that, i now hate someone

Demotivation
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #2208
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I'm bored. Someone link it.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ht=Necromancer

Its in that thread, around night 3 day 4 i believe.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #2209
Tyrith
College Starter

I second Alan in hating you all, especially Alan himself :P and hoops!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #2210
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum day-killing Blade is easily the greatest FOFC werewolf moment ever. Heck, it's got to be on the short list of greatest FOFC moments ever.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #2211
st.cronin
General Manager

I can't believe this game isn't over yet.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #2212
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey all, it appears the power has returned. Hopefully it will hold on into the morning at least.

Plus, I found out my second job went against months of scheduling consistency and have me off tomorrow night. Go figure. So it will be business as usual, assuming there is still a game to be played at that point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:02 AM   #2213
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline. Writeup coming.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #2214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Despite the iffy nature of the lynch in the day time, the people of Whitechapel remain resolved to settle this matter within the next day or two. There are calls to arrest Daddy Torgo, as Dodgerchick's innocence can only mean he is guilty, can it not, they reasoned?

They will not wait around on the Chief of Inspectors, though. They have another night to try to pass alive. They return quietly to their homes to wait it out.

It is a quiet night, and not many are out except for the prostitutes--and the constables! They do indeed find DaddyTorgo in Whitechapel, getting some dinner, and they arrest him on the charge of suspicion of the murder of Barkeep! There is no incident in his arrest, and he is removed to the jail on Whitechapel Road.

The public remains inside while this is happening--but apparently that cannot keep them safe. Early in the wee morning hours, [b]hoopsguy[/b[, working on a corner in Commercial, hears a door opening and closing repeatedly in the wind a block over from his spot for the night. He goes to investigate, and soon arrives at path12's door.

Soon a hue and cry has been raised. path12 is dead! A dagger has been thrust into his heart, and his flat is torn up from the struggle.

And yet, DaddyTorgo was already in jail...

[b]NIGHT SIX NOW ENDS. DAY SIX NOW BEGINS. THE DEADLINE FOR VOTING AND DAY ACTIONS IS 10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PDT. THE MINIMUM REQUIRED LYNCH NUMBERS IN THE REGULAR LYNCH IS TWO.

DADDYTORGO IS ALSO UP FOR LYNCHING.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #2215
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

PMs coming shortly.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #2216
hoopsguy
General Manager

No hookups, no one seen. Just the discovery of Path's body, as detailed in the general message.

Blade, hope that you came up with something clever with your view last night. The fact that you have been left alive this long implies to me that our killer is probably someone in your trust list.

Taking out Path took some guts too as he would likely have been among the list of top targets with DaddyTorgo locked up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #2217
Izulde
Head Coach

No hookups, no one seen for me either and I was in Whitechapel. Was a real dead night too.

I also find path's murder quite surprising, as he and DaddyTorgo were two of the most talked about suspects.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #2218
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm guessing that either Moriarty or a Freemason killed path. I hope it was Moriarty. That being said, if it was Moriarty then DT is innocent.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #2219
Izulde
Head Coach

VOTE LYNCH DADDYTORGO

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

I still suspect DT of poisoning Barkeep, and bullet's been awfully UTR and the only one I'm getting anything close to an evil vibe from at this point.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:33 AM   #2220
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I can go with that.

VOTE BULLETSPONGE
VOTE LYNCH DADDYTORGO
Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #2221
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i've engaged in the game hoops. taking cheap shots at me for having to work is pretty low, and honestly is a good way of discouraging me from participating in future WW games. not that i expect that to cause you to back off or really get any response from anyone other than a sarcastic "boo hoo" or "maybe you shouldn't" from you or anyone, but just FYI.

I feel the same way almost every game. Usually after signing up I tell myself, why in the hell did I sign up? There's something strangely appealing about this game. I'm lucky though, I do have time to play, but there are times that I get so damn frustrated that I feel like not playing anymore. Actually, I still feel like that. But I'm a chick and get emotional over stupid things, things I probably shouldn't. That and I really suck, I'm fucking terrible... clues get thrown around and when people say "I read the clues" I'm like what fucking clues? I didn't read shit.

Anyway, just wanted to say I know where you're coming from DT.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #2222
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I feel the same way almost every game. Usually after signing up I tell myself, why in the hell did I sign up? There's something strangely appealing about this game. I'm lucky though, I do have time to play, but there are times that I get so damn frustrated that I feel like not playing anymore. Actually, I still feel like that. But I'm a chick and get emotional over stupid things, things I probably shouldn't. That and I really suck, I'm fucking terrible... clues get thrown around and when people say "I read the clues" I'm like what fucking clues? I didn't read shit.

I just assume they are picking on my character. And that they don't know squat. I too hardly ever see the clues bandied about in most games.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #2223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Lathum day-killing Blade is easily the greatest FOFC werewolf moment ever. Heck, it's got to be on the short list of greatest FOFC moments ever.

fond memories...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #2224
hoopsguy
General Manager

Daddy, when you sign on - were you able to complete any activities last night before you were arrested?

That is one thing that has been challenging for me in trying to understand nightly events - I have not been able to follow when events are happening in terms of the two phases (1st or 2nd) or to understand what people can do in conjunction with their actions.

However, with Path's death I'm moving further towards the idea that people can not both visit a prostitute and kill on the same evenings.

There is not a single person left alive who has visited me at night.
People I have not seen at all during night sessions: Raiders, Swaggs, Bullet, Daddy.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #2225
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also looking for someone to come up with a good reason that we would not do full role reveals today - are there still meaningful reasons to hold onto role information in order to keep someone alive at night? They have left Blade (seer) alive for 3+ nights now ...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #2226
path12
Coordinator

Crap, I was hoping to make it till the end. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #2227
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

FWIW, I don't think any of us always see the clues, and sometimes the clues are frankly wrong. I think that you've come a lot further than you think you have, and I'd say the same for all of the newer players. You guys bring a lot to the table even when you think you don't.

It's really just a matter of playing more, there's no light bulb that magically comes on, you just start to see things that you might not have before. But never think that you don't have something to add as a newer player -- and if any of us are making you feel that way you need to call us on it, because it's likely not intentional or personal, but just a comment in the heat of the moment.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #2228
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think both Path and Blade had really good posts on the larger werewolf community.

I think this is a challenging game to play if you do not have cycles to give to it - there are several hundred posts a day coming from a large number of players at the outset of the game. Some of those people are trying to deceive you, while others are trying to provide information to help you make good decisions. I think it is a substantial advantage having time to see some of the information posted in real-time and be able to react to it. Reading a ton of posts at the end of the day has to be tough, as you have only a limited ability to shape the conversation by that point in time.

There is also an advantage from having played with people in previous games, as you start to build some kind of a profile for how that person acts in certain roles/situations. This is, I think, where the vets do build up a bit of an advantage in play. But that doesn't mean they are right all the time - or even most of the time.

Anyways, I would be very interested in having conversations about how we can make the game more enjoyable for people - whether it is structure of a game or changes in inter-personal behavior. I know the majority of the folks here have a lot of fun playing this game and want to continue running engaging, vibrant games with participation from everyone involved. That said, I think that moving that conversation out of this thread and into a more specific thread on the topic might be a better way to go so we don't threadjack Chief's game and to potentially include a bigger audience.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 AM   #2229
Blade6119
Coordinator

Raiders, i think its time for you to come out with everything...its not a secret anymore, and your now the only uncleared person alive

As of now, bullet would be my vote...but im not ready to place it just yet.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #2230
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade - why Raiders vs Swaggs? I have thought Raiders had a certain role but I've never had any feel for what Swaggs' role is.

I understand you want Raiders to come forward, but some illumination between these two would be helpful.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #2231
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade - why Raiders vs Swaggs? I have thought Raiders had a certain role but I've never had any feel for what Swaggs' role is.

I understand you want Raiders to come forward, but some illumination between these two would be helpful.
I have scanned swaggs, and know what role he has(or had at the time i suppose)...i have not scanned raiders.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #2232
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i don't suppose I have the option of visiting a prostitute tonight, as Blade has called for RA to arrest me tonight and haul me off to jail.
Well, as DT surmised, I can arrest people. I arrested Izulde on a guess based on his vote for Day 1, but that was apparently wrong. I arrested Swaggs because I suspected him. I arrested LSG because she was quiet and nobody vouched for her. Of course, I arrested DT because Blade told me to.

I am the Chief of Inspections. The reason why I knew what happened with Lathum following hoops was because ntndeacon followed hoops that night to figure out who he was. It was revealed that hoops was a simple prostitute at the time. I have never gone out at night and I have no idea about money in this game. Thus, the gold comment at the beginning of the game. I can also duke the vote and prevent someone from being lynched.

That being said, because I have Swaggs in jail we can lynch him tonight or keep him in jail or free him. The way we keep him in jail is by bringing evidence forward that he committed the murder of Barkeep. FWIW, I do not need any evidence to jail someone; however, to keep them in jail another day/night, I must present evidence like everyone else. I did so with LSG in a PM to Chief Rum. It can be any evidence, however flimsy, but Chief Rum is the sole judge of what constitutes enough to keep that person in jail.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #2233
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Forgot a few other things:

There can be up to two people in jail at a time.
Anyone who is arrested and released cannot be jailed again. So Izulde and Swaggs cannot be jailed again.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #2234
Blade6119
Coordinator

And for everyone who cant connect the dots, i scanned NTN deacon night one...so raiders knew us because of our chat with NTN, who he could speak freely with like cronin and I can. We knew him when he spoke about knowing both holmes and watson the next morning. So we have both protected the other.

I lied about seeing raiders in my urchin bid to stop the lynch turning his way, he bought silver bullets and saved me from dubb.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #2235
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, that is the role I expected you to have, although obviously didn't know the particulars.

How did you and Blade interact early in the game? Because I still don't understand that part if you don't go out at night and Blade has never formally looked you up?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #2236
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I lied about seeing raiders in my urchin bid to stop the lynch turning his way, he bought silver bullets and saved me from dubb.
FWIW, that wasn't me. I just attributed that to the write-up.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #2237
st.cronin
General Manager

I won't get completely caught up til later this afternoon, but I think our last bad guy screwed up last night. I was planning on pushing hard for a path lynch today.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #2238
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so lets go over information that we have up to this point.

Izulde - known good Night 0
Hoops - known good Night 1 (per RA via NTN)
Bullet - known good Night 1 (per Barkeep)
Blade/Cronin - Holmes/Watson
RA - Inspector
Swaggs - ???
DT - ???, but what was sequence for jailing vs killing? Night results suggest jail first ...

Raiders, can you shed any light on the timing of a jailing compared to other night actions?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #2239
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
FWIW, that wasn't me. I just attributed that to the write-up.

Well screw you, i thought you went out of your way to help me...never mind, go ahead and lynch raiders

Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #2240
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyT - how did you know that Raiders did the jailing? I suspected it, but that was based to a certain extent on past games played. To the best of my knowledge, you have not played in a game with him before.

Did you have access to information? If so, how?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #2241
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, so lets go over information that we have up to this point.

Izulde - known good Night 0
Hoops - known good Night 1 (per RA via NTN)
Bullet - known good Night 1 (per Barkeep)
Blade/Cronin - Holmes/Watson
RA - Inspector
Swaggs - ???
DT - ???, but what was sequence for jailing vs killing? Night results suggest jail first ...

Raiders, can you shed any light on the timing of a jailing compared to other night actions?
Swaggs - Known good night 3 (per Blade and Cronin)
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #2242
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
DaddyT - how did you know that Raiders did the jailing? I suspected it, but that was based to a certain extent on past games played. To the best of my knowledge, you have not played in a game with him before.

Did you have access to information? If so, how?

Well, he was the only person whos role wasnt public knowledge..it didnt seem a big secret to me who RA was
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #2243
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Nope. I don't know how the timing goes. I believe I asked that question of Izulde and Swaggs earlier. I was confused that one was able to perform a night action and one was not. FWIW, I don't believe that DT did not perform a night action. My guys got him while he was eating dinner.

As per the last sentence above, I don't go out. I have some guards who go out and get people.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #2244
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

That being said, because I have Swaggs in jail we can lynch him tonight or keep him in jail or free him. The way we keep him in jail is by bringing evidence forward that he committed the murder of Barkeep. FWIW, I do not need any evidence to jail someone; however, to keep them in jail another day/night, I must present evidence like everyone else. I did so with LSG in a PM to Chief Rum. It can be any evidence, however flimsy, but Chief Rum is the sole judge of what constitutes enough to keep that person in jail.

I'm not in jail. DT is.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #2245
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was able to go to the opium den to get high AND be questioned by Blade and cronin (who should both be able to verify this) on Night 3, so it appears that it is possible to carry out a night action before being arrested.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #2246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well, he was the only person whos role wasnt public knowledge..it didnt seem a big secret to me who RA was

Swaggs' role was not public knowledge - I still have no idea what he does.

Thanks for the update on that "known good" list.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #2247
Swaggs
Coordinator

BTW, I did not go out last night because I still couldn't afford it.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #2248
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I am the local tanner. No special abilities.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #2249
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes it is, he is a simple londoner...i said it the morning after i scanned him, but later on i hinted at him having one when he and raiders were squabbling quite frankly to give the bad guys more targets to consider. Swaggs was a simple londoner on night 3.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #2250
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

VOTE NO LYNCH DADDYTORGO
Demotivation