Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2023, 10:55 PM   #24801
cuervo72
Head Coach

I pulled that toast trick for an after-lunch snack today -- with peanut butter and colby jack.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:01 PM   #24802
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I pulled that toast trick for an after-lunch snack today -- with peanut butter and colby jack.

My options were pretty much down to
a) peanut butter (which were the last 2 in-house sandwich meals I'd had)
b) cheese, good ol' Kraft singles
c) ye olde potted meat

i figured since I was toasting the bread anyhow, it came down to b or c, and I'd put cheese on hot dogs at lunch earlier in the week.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:20 PM   #24803
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I started buying tinned smoked herring for those lazy nights as a slight upgrade to the usual canned suspects. It's good stuff, would recommend. I get em shipped from Amazon in flats of 14 & there's no extra packaging which I like. Goes on toast or rice or pasta or whatever.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:40 PM   #24804
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

We lost power at our house for the first time since we moved in - almost 5 years. We've been super lucky given how many power outages there have been in our area (Metro Detroit) and how long they've lasted. Our power grid is a mess.

Back in November 2021, we bought a portable generator and had an electrician come and set our electrical system up for it. The generator worked great. It powered our furnace and hot water heater, our freezer, fridge, our dining room, our daughter's room and bathroom, and our family room where our main TV, modem and router are. As a result, our food didn't go bad, we had heat, we had a room with lights and outlets, our daughter could sleep comfortably (she's 3.5 and needs a sound machine, her nightlight, a fan going, etc.) and had internet and TV. The house was pretty livable for the 24 hours we had no power. The generator ran 11 hours on one tank of gas.

Pro Tip: Assemble your portable generator BEFORE the power goes out.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:08 AM   #24805
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I hope the IPL got a massive rights increase from Willow TV, because the amount of eyes they lose from not being on ESPN+ has to be massive.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:20 AM   #24806
cuervo72
Head Coach

Lunch today: two large mushroom caps that have been sitting in the fridge for a while (like 4" diameter), sauteed in a pan with a little olive oil and a splash of Christmas brew that I failed to finish last night, small jar of beef gravy, work in about half a large order each of leftover large McD's and CFA fries, shredded moz to top it off. Not bad.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:30 AM   #24807
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
On an unrelated dola

The larder is a bit ... sparse, since I haven't replenished anything since my trip to south Florida.

That makes eating at home a little tough but I've proved up to the challenge tonight. Toast some bread and it's freshness is no longer an issue, pop open a can of classic Armour potted meat and voila : dinner

Spam is what I stocked up on when the pandemic hit. Still working on whitling it down.

Consider also corn beef hash, sardines and ramen.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:58 AM   #24808
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Spam is what I stocked up on when the pandemic hit. Still working on whitling it down.

Consider also corn beef hash, sardines and ramen.

There probably is a ramen or two here, now that you mention it. And I try to keep at least one or two of the shelf-stable Hormel Compleats on hand but that supply was down to one so I figured I'd avoid it if I could. That's like my "okay, I'm sick but need food" or "nothing is open but I gotta eat" emergency ration.

Those Compleats are on the small'ish side for a meal but the quality is better than most similar ones, the beef is better quality/better flavor particularly.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-31-2023 at 11:59 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:04 PM   #24809
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
We lost power at our house for the first time since we moved in - almost 5 years. We've been super lucky given how many power outages there have been in our area (Metro Detroit) and how long they've lasted. Our power grid is a mess.

Back in November 2021, we bought a portable generator and had an electrician come and set our electrical system up for it. The generator worked great. It powered our furnace and hot water heater, our freezer, fridge, our dining room, our daughter's room and bathroom, and our family room where our main TV, modem and router are. As a result, our food didn't go bad, we had heat, we had a room with lights and outlets, our daughter could sleep comfortably (she's 3.5 and needs a sound machine, her nightlight, a fan going, etc.) and had internet and TV. The house was pretty livable for the 24 hours we had no power. The generator ran 11 hours on one tank of gas.

Pro Tip: Assemble your portable generator BEFORE the power goes out.

We have a sump pump that works very hard. I bought a generator a few years ago just for this reason. We couldn't afford the idea of losing a freezer and fridge full of food. I need to get the special panel hookup done outside for us, but for now, it would just be a maze of extension cords running through the house. I know it would pay off if we really needed it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:53 PM   #24810
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Sometimes I just crave some good old potted meat. When I went fishing a couple of weekends ago I went looking for some sardines in mustard sauce and was shocked that Publix didn't have any. I ended up with sardines in EVO, which seemed highfalutin for a fishing trip.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 03-31-2023 at 01:54 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:28 PM   #24811
Critch
lolzcat

I was in the supermarket last night, my wife was at the self-service checkout and I was standing uselessly behind her watching her scan things and generally being no help because I apparently scan things in the wrong order. Two county police officers started using the self service checkouts across from us.

I dont see police officers up close very often. I had never noticed how many pockets, belt loops and clips they had on their uniforms, and every pocket, loop and clip had some piece of equipment jammed into it.

Not just a radio, a whistle and a notebook like when I was a lad.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:00 PM   #24812
Edward64
Head Coach

I've read its like 20-25+ lbs of stuff they carry.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #24813
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A little Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys is like a shot of happy juice.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #24814
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I wore the exact same shorts, shirt, hoodie and flip flops to all 9 of my daughters gymnastics meets this year. Since they all involved traveling, we were around each other 7+ hours each time.

At no point did they notice and when I showed them the pics from each one they thought it was hilarious and I was an idiot.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:57 AM   #24815
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I was in the supermarket last night, my wife was at the self-service checkout and I was standing uselessly behind her watching her scan things and generally being no help because I apparently scan things in the wrong order. Two county police officers started using the self service checkouts across from us.

I dont see police officers up close very often. I had never noticed how many pockets, belt loops and clips they had on their uniforms, and every pocket, loop and clip had some piece of equipment jammed into it.

I can't even remember what pocket my keys are in.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:29 AM   #24816
molson
General Manager

Speaking of being around police officers, I was really impressed by our city's 911 responsiveness. I hit the emergency 911 cell phone button in my pocket somehow, and started getting calls and then a text from a nearby officer within seconds.

I knew that if you call 911, they're going to call you back and show up where you are if they don't hear from you - but I didn't realize that, at least in my city, you could call 911 from a cell phone, your location is established, that info gets to the nearest police officer, who gets your number, finds your location, calls you back - all in well under 30 seconds or so. Impressive. There must not have been any dispatcher involvement, all that went straight to the officer.

But it was an embarrassing phone call back (and it was made clear a text back was not enough), especially since I was on my way back to work at government agency where there are lots of investigator-types around.

Last edited by molson : 04-05-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:36 PM   #24817
cuervo72
Head Coach

911 and E911 Services | Federal Communications Commission

Used to work on some of the data tracking/PSAP list generation.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:31 PM   #24818
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

And I am jealous of the utility of their uniforms. I just want some deep extra pockets for my work pants, and that has been a PIA to find.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:41 PM   #24819
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Speaking of being around police officers, I was really impressed by our city's 911 responsiveness. I hit the emergency 911 cell phone button in my pocket somehow, and started getting calls and then a text from a nearby officer within seconds.

I knew that if you call 911, they're going to call you back and show up where you are if they don't hear from you - but I didn't realize that, at least in my city, you could call 911 from a cell phone, your location is established, that info gets to the nearest police officer, who gets your number, finds your location, calls you back - all in well under 30 seconds or so. Impressive. There must not have been any dispatcher involvement, all that went straight to the officer.

But it was an embarrassing phone call back (and it was made clear a text back was not enough), especially since I was on my way back to work at government agency where there are lots of investigator-types around.

Funny you mention that, because my Galaxy OS was updated recently and it must have changed something about the emergency settings, because I have set off the 911 alarm 3 times in a week. That has never happened before since I've had a cell phone. I don't know if it actually called 911 because I was frantically trying to stop the calls each time, but I recall a countdown and a very loud emergency sound.

Perhaps it's a warning that I'm dialing and it's giving me several seconds to call it off, but it's concerning for 2 reasons: no one called me back, and if this is what my phone is going to do when I call 911, what alternate number should I dial if I have an emergency and don't want to alert every person within a 1000 yard radius? Like, oh I don't know... there's a shooter in the area?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-05-2023 at 05:41 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:12 PM   #24820
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Costco ready made lasagna (not frozen) is the best.

Had some today and want to reiterate this. Da best

Also, we've been eating more salad lately. We discovered the pre-packaged salads from Kroger, Walmart, Publix etc. for $4-$6. It's enough for 2 and maybe 3, really convenient, has different types, and definitely better than lettuce, tomatoes with Ranch. If you haven't tried it, check it out.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:37 PM   #24821
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Had some today and want to reiterate this. Da best

Also, we've been eating more salad lately. We discovered the pre-packaged salads from Kroger, Walmart, Publix etc. for $4-$6. It's enough for 2 and maybe 3, really convenient, has different types, and definitely better than lettuce, tomatoes with Ranch. If you haven't tried it, check it out.

The Walmart ones can be particularly good IF you catch them fresh.

And I'm farrrrr from being any sort of salad guy, so praise don't come easy from me.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #24822
GrantDawg

Olive Garden salad dressing. I can drink the stuff.
Old 04-09-2023, 01:59 PM   #24823
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I smoked a brisket for our Passover Seder dinner on Wednesday. As with Thanksgiving, where I'm also responsible for smoking the protein (not a euphemism), it's a ready-made excuse to stay outside by myself for a big chunk of the day and skip any other meal prep. My wife is aware that the smoker doesn't actually need constant tending, so I choose to believe she's indulging me on this one.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 01:59 PM   #24824
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

dola - the brisket was really good.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 08:14 PM   #24825
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you wondered where "all the hockey fights" have gone, apparently they've moved to women's hockey. Don't anyone tell Bulgaria and Romania that a game to determine who finishes FOURTH in Division 3A of the Women's World Hockey Championship is meaningless.

https://twitter.com/H0ckeyWorldwide/...60159633702915
Old 04-11-2023, 04:28 PM   #24826
Edward64
Head Coach

Just caught Jeremy Renner on Jimmy Kimmel.

How's this guy still alive after being run over by a snow plough, breaking 30+ bones & eye popping out?

How's this guy on Jimmy Kimmel 4 months later?

He was great, answered questions, joked etc. Haven't watched him being interviewed before but he sounded a little loopy (?). He said he was always in pain so assume he's got some good pain killers.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other challenges for him but great to see that he has recovered so well.
Old 04-12-2023, 05:59 AM   #24827
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Olive Garden salad dressing. I can drink the stuff.

Waiter: Anything to drink, sir?

You: I’ll start with that Light Italian I had last time, and for dinner we are definitely going with a white. Let me see … a bottle of your house Ranch.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:30 AM   #24828
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard View Post
Waiter: Anything to drink, sir?

You: I’ll start with that Light Italian I had last time, and for dinner we are definitely going with a white. Let me see … a bottle of your house Ranch.
*sips with one pinky up* "A fine vintage from the Hidden Valley region"
Old 04-14-2023, 06:50 AM   #24829
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I can't tell if the post office is lazy or dumb. We're going on vacation soon so I put in a hold mail for those dates. Well, they've already started holding the mail more than a week in advance.
Old 04-14-2023, 07:24 AM   #24830
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I can't tell if the post office is lazy or dumb. We're going on vacation soon so I put in a hold mail for those dates. Well, they've already started holding the mail more than a week in advance.

In many cases, those two choices aren't mutually exclusive.
Old 04-14-2023, 02:45 PM   #24831
miami_fan
Coordinator

Man Goes Through Several Painful Surgeries To Achieve His Dream Height Of Nearly 6 Feet Tall

There are gender affirming care jokes and commentaries with this story but I am not going there. As someone who is 6'3", I can't put myself in this guy's headspace. I feel like this surgery would have needed to get me from 5'5" to at least 6'1" in one surgical procedure for me to even consider this. Oh and I would have to have had this done in my twenties. I had meniscus surgery in my 40's and that was annoying enough.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:18 PM   #24832
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't imagine being 5-5, I am 6-2, but also can't imagine putting myself through that

Last edited by Lathum : 04-14-2023 at 04:25 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:23 PM   #24833
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Angela Bassett is just embarrassing herself at this point.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 09:03 PM   #24834
molson
General Manager

I am not a big music guy, but I will do a concert with friends who are really into it - saw Journey and Toto last night, and, damn it, once you get past the initial weird visual of Arnel Pineda rocking out with all these senior citizens - he in an incredible performer, and if you're going to do Journey live in 2023, it is a billion times better with Pienda than it would be with Steve Perry, if you get over yourself and accept that's how it's going to be. And the old, white, rural, Idaho, Journey fanbase showed up and totally accepted him. Toto also had the gimmick of, "a couple of us are still alive, so we're going to do this but let these younger more energetic guys carry a lot of the load", and, you know, I think that's better than having a band of exclusively 70+ year old guys.

Last edited by molson : 04-14-2023 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:21 PM   #24835
Ksyrup

You know, I've seen Journey several times with several different singers (none of whom were Steve Perry, btw), and they were good and all, but my biggest issue with going to see them (or Motley Crue - not that I'd waste a night on them) right now is all the offstage BS. These guys are suing each other, Schon and Cain have bodyguards to keep the other away from them, etc. I'm sure they put on a fine show but that's TMI for me to enjoy a show and suspend reality for 90 minutes. These guys ficking hate each other and are faking it for a paycheck - which happens quite a bit, I'm sure, but it's not so out in the open.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-14-2023, 11:52 PM   #24836
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You know, I've seen Journey several times with several different singers (none of whom were Steve Perry, btw), and they were good and all, but my biggest issue with going to see them (or Motley Crue - not that I'd waste a night on them) right now is all the offstage BS. These guys are suing each other, Schon and Cain have bodyguards to keep the other away from them, etc. I'm sure they put on a fine show but that's TMI for me to enjoy a show and suspend reality for 90 minutes. These guys ficking hate each other and are faking it for a paycheck - which happens quite a bit, I'm sure, but it's not so out in the open.

Schon hates EVERYbody. Their Behind the Music episode was the most toxic ep I have ever seen. A lot of the problem was Schon and Perry dissing each other. Well Perry wanting them not to tour without him and Schon saying "shrug...there was a journey without you there can be a journey without you." and Perry thinking he never felt like part of the band really and schon laughing at that seeing as he was making so many of the decisions and tantrums. THere was also that nasty business of Perry with Schon and Cain agreeing to it, firing the rhythm section (Vallory and Smith) just so they could try and "go in a new direction" because their album tanked and the other two going "huh? What did I do?" After that episode aired there seemed to be DOUBLE the drama! Perry had long since been done with the group. Steve Augeri had been hired to sing and Vallory was welcomed back into the group which I was SOOOO happy for! Augeri blew out his voice. THen they found Arnel on youtube and hired HIM. Then what I thought was the pinnacle of comeraderie was them getting inducted into the RNRHoF. They were all there. Steve Perry had NOTHING but glowing things to say about EVERYBODY including Arnel!!!!!!! Schon thanked steve too! They were all one big happy family again. They were all there! Perry, Schon, GREGG ROLIE!, Vallory, Smith, AYNSLEY DUNBAR!!!!!, Cain. That camelot was short lived. Things went sour quickly. Vallory and Smith did tour with them for awhile with Arnel. It was then exposed that Steve Perry was making money from the group's touring efforts even though he was no longer touring with the group. This was all legal through coujrtroom shinanigans whatever and was a known thing. So Vallory and Smith tried to do the same thing, went to court to get that deal...and Steve Perry completely supported them. NEAL SCHON Fired them when he found out. Said all kinds of crap about them and that they'd never be in journey again blahblahblah. Then Cain and Schon in theswe past years seemed to bitch about EVERYTHING
Cain had the company credit card taken away from Schon since he was running up such a high bill lolol. And schon hit the roof and sued him for it lol.

I am convinced that Schon has caused every bit of drama in that group since he is always at the center of it. I think Perry had a lot of ego but it seemed to me he eventually recognizewd his mistakes and because a really cool person to everybody.

And no I've never seen them live. I think if I had an era I'd like to see it would be the Rolie/Perry era. Best songs are there. I can watch those videos all day long.
Old 04-15-2023, 12:01 AM   #24837
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Schon hates EVERYbody.

That seems to pretty well sum it up. People think I'M a miserable mfer, then they run across Schon and realize I ain't so bad by half.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:58 AM   #24838
molson
General Manager

So I guess it's fair to say that my entirely superficial knowledge of Journey enhanced my enjoyment of the show.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:12 AM   #24839
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I listen to Classic American Top 40 on IheartRadio and they cut in odd, short musical interviews during breaks. Same commercials for at least the last 4-5 years.

One is an interview with Neil Schon about the Sopranos using Dont Stop Believing. He mentions his phone blowing up with texts from all his friends... Now I don't know what to believe.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:09 AM   #24840
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So I guess it's fair to say that my entirely superficial knowledge of Journey enhanced my enjoyment of the show.

Definitely. I know musicians are performers and paid to put on a show, but it's hard to buy fake camaraderie on the stage when you know what's going on off of it. I'm sure they were good - they were good every time I saw them.

Did they bring back the drummer who sings better than any vocalist they've had since Perry? Deen Castronovo, I think it is. He got fired over criminal charges (again, another "the more you know" situation) but I think he came back after they re-fired Steve Smith.

The bottom line is Journey have made way more news off the stage than they have on it or in the studio in like 30+ years.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #24841
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
That seems to pretty well sum it up. People think I'M a miserable mfer, then they run across Schon and realize I ain't so bad by half.

you could be in Journey!
Old 04-17-2023, 09:57 AM   #24842
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've been calling offense for my son's flag football team this spring. We've got 1 2nd grader, 6 3rd graders, and 3 fourth graders on the team...two of these kids are really good at breathing.

My son snapped the ball the first game and while I looked for a chance to get him the ball it didn't happen. In the second game, which we won surprisingly, He had 2 carries and a catch. Third game, two more carries. He also pulled two flags in these games.

Yesterday, he had three catches...one for a touchdown. Only one of the plays was designed for him to get the ball. On the score, he worked himself open. Defender had no idea he had drifted away. We lost a close one, but my little dude was on cloud nine the rest of the day.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:52 PM   #24843
Edward64
Head Coach

Congrats!

Always great to celebrate success with a child.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:10 PM   #24844
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Gun found in quesadilla leads to mans arrest, police say

Personally I like chicken in my quesadillas.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-17-2023 at 02:39 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:22 PM   #24845
Edward64
Head Coach

Apple is now offering 4.15% interest in their savings account.

I'm going to have to look into it. And yeah, I'm tired of Wells Fargo giving me < 1% for my money.

I've known the traditional banks aren't competitive. I just need to get off my butt and do something about it.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-17-2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:41 AM   #24846
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Well tell kids there's no such thing as dibs, but then you go to a resort and there's grown ass adults waking up at 6 to put towels on pool chairs and not coming back for 6 hours.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:49 AM   #24847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well tell kids there's no such thing as dibs, but then you go to a resort and there's grown ass adults waking up at 6 to put towels on pool chairs and not coming back for 6 hours.

That is why we always spring for a cabana when possible. So much better of an experience.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:59 AM   #24848
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Did Del Monte change the ingredients in their mixed vegetable cans?

Before there was more green stuff and corn. I had a can last night and it was more potatoes and carrots.

If they changed the mixture I might as well just get the store brand. Kroger's mixed vegetables are also heavy on the carrots and potatoes but cost 50 cents less.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:14 AM   #24849
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh, man -- Great Wolf flashbacks.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:46 AM   #24850
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I heard a young woman tell a bartender this is the first time she's been south of the Equator.

We're in the Dominican Republic...