Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

55?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #2702
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just wondering what i've done to fall on your list of untrusted alan? i hope LSG scans me and survives so she can clear me and put you at rest.

we may have someone who was cleared who has since been converted too...we need to keep that in mind
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #2703
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

*Looks over the night actions and dice results*

Hmmm

Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #2704
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
just wondering what i've done to fall on your list of untrusted alan? i hope LSG scans me and survives so she can clear me and put you at rest.

we may have someone who was cleared who has since been converted too...we need to keep that in mind

Nothing really. its just there isnt really many people left. I fully accept the possibility that someone I trust might have been converted, but I'm not going to even worry about who that might be yet if there is anyone. There still are at least 2 sauron members who were bad at the start of the game. As best I can tell it has to be among you three. If you are good, then the other two are bad. I have no way to know which is why LSG is important for tonight.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #2705
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

By the way, I'll be flying in the morning. If I'm still alive I'll be around tommorrow afternoon. I'll check in during the morning for a minute or two before I catch my flight just to see whats up, but I likely wont be a big part of any conversation till later in the day.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #2706
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Nothing really. its just there isnt really many people left. I fully accept the possibility that someone I trust might have been converted, but I'm not going to even worry about who that might be yet if there is anyone. There still are at least 2 sauron members who were bad at the start of the game. As best I can tell it has to be among you three. If you are good, then the other two are bad. I have no way to know which is why LSG is important for tonight.

fair nuff. unless we're wrong about the #'s
Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #2707
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Once again you retire for the night. Another night has fallen and another curtain of doubt and fear comes with it. What will tonight bring.

You are asleep or restless in your respective beds, when you hear it again. Another roar of a giant bear echoes through the town and you immediately leave your houses. After so many restless night, tonight you wore clothes that would immediately allow you to go outside and confront or observe events.

You dash over to a nearby Inn where you see the largest bear you’ve ever seen standing over a body. You can’t tell who it is, because the body is face down. It’s been mangled and bloodied severely and blood is on the paws and jaw of the bear.

The sight affects you severely. After all of the blood and trauma you have experienced, now someone is in front of you. Something tangible that you can see and attack. All of your fears, shame, and guilt coalesce on the bear, and as one you grab tools, draw weapons, and begin to close on the bear.

The bear sits on its haunches and then begins to change. Within a few seconds, standing before you is not a bear, but a man! Lafe Eriksdotter sits on the ground, with the same bloodies spots on his mouth and hands.

He smiles at your warmly as you froze. “Can’t you feel it?” he asks. “It’s gone.”

Coming out of the shadows is Pariel Gildenhoof, one of your own. She confirms that the darkness is gone.

It took much of your soul and all of your innocence, but you have successfully scoured the shadow from Bree. Maybe tomorrow will bring sunshine that, for once, will not need to stave off your darker thoughts. Maybe tomorrow will bring happiness. For now, most of you feel merely hollow and sad at the great loss Bree has endured. Yet, Bree has endured, and that is enough for tonight.

Major Victory to the Rangers and Townsfolk and Beorning.

-Anxiety

Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #2708
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fair nuff. unless we're wrong about the #'s

You think there is a possibility that Sauron's side started with less than 2 people? I figued i was being conservative with that number.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #2709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lol... well gee I guess I was wrong on the number??
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #2710
Izulde
Head Coach

WHOOHOO!

WE WON!!!!!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #2711
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So who was the last bad guy? I thought the good guys were in the driver seat, but I didnt have any idea we were only one night from winning... wow
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #2712
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

By the way nice job Schmidty with the block.. who did you protect? LSG I assume?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #2713
Izulde
Head Coach

This is so awesome... the very first time I survive more than a few days in a game, I'm part of the winning side!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #2714
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My personal GM vote for Game MVP goes to DaddyTorgo who was by hismelf on the Sauron Faction since Night Two and did a great job at inserting himself into the good guy circle and was always, until tonight, one step ahead of Schmidty.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #2715
Swaggs
Coordinator

MVP to Schmidty!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:23 AM   #2716
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Faction primers to follow

Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #2717
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rangers:

The original three Rangers were Izulde, AlanT and Grammaticus. Here is their primer:

Ranger Primer:

You are the Rangers of the North. You are here to protect the citizens of Bree, but more importantly, to ferret out the Agents of Darkness and defeat them. You are warriors bred and raised, and have several powers related to this. Each night, the leader of the Rangers must pm the Gamemaster with any Ranger actions taken that night. Each night, the Rangers can take one action as a group.

When choosing an action, a Ranger must be chosen as the actor of the action, in addition to a target. A proper pm might look like this, “Night One, Ranger Action Target”

Rangers may pm each other freely.

Scout – Rangers can scout a player for information about that player. They will find out the player’s official role name, but not faction or side affiliation.

Strike – Once an Agent of Darkness has been found, a Ranger can attack the agent and try to kill him or her at night. A Ranger can attack a suspected Agent, but, if this attack is ever done on a person who not affiliated with the darkness, all Rangers are forced to retreat from Bree and will leave that evening, abandoning Bree and losing the game for the Rangers.

And their roles:

Revlir Hightower – You are the Leader of the Rangers. You are one of the three rangers stationed to assist the town in ridding the town of the scourge of darkness. You have the normal abilities of all Rangers.

As the leader, you must submit any nightly Ranger action to me via pm.

Your distant cousin is one of the Townsfolk of Bree, but you do not know who. Your quest to search for her or him is why you requested assignment to Bree. A Ranger of your skill and experience would normally be more valuable elsewhere. Each night, you can submit a “Search for my Cousin” action and try to locate your cousin. Choose a target, for the pm. (for example, an acceptable pm might read, “Night One, Search for my Cousin on SkyDog.”)

You will be informed by pm if you find him or her.

Danforth III – You are a Ranger. You are one of the three rangers stationed to assist the town in ridding the town of the scourge of darkness. You have the normal abilities of all Rangers.

You are the contact for the local Ranger Sympathizer. Your identity as a Ranger is known to the Ranger Sympathizer, but you do not currently know who he or she is. Each night, you can send me a Message PM no longer than 8 words. That pm will be passed along to the Sympathizer. You may of course, discuss what to put in the message with your fellow Rangers.

Jalen – You are a Ranger. You are the Ranger Marksman. You are one of the three rangers stationed to assist the town in ridding the town of the scourge of darkness. You have the normal abilities of all Rangers.

As an expert at range combat, whenever you are chosen to perform a Ranger action, you can do the action from a distance. This gives you a heightened chance of survival.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #2718
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm interested to see what exactly SnDvls was...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #2719
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
My personal GM vote for Game MVP goes to DaddyTorgo who was by hismelf on the Sauron Faction since Night Two and did a great job at inserting himself into the good guy circle and was always, until tonight, one step ahead of Schmidty.

Just for the record, Izulde and Gramm can back me up on this.. I suspected DaddyTorgo was bad a very long time ago We just played it safe to see what roles meant in this game. We came to the conclusion about half way not very much
Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #2720
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agents of Saruman.

The original two where Thomkal and Sublime 2. Here is their primer:

Agents of Saruman Primer:

You are the Agents of Saruman. Unlike those shortsighted Agents of Sauron, your focus is on long term planning and manipulation. Each night, the Agents can make one Night Action from several options. It is the responsibility of the leader of the Agents to pm the Gamemaster during the night what the Saruman Agents are doing with their action.

When choosing a Night Action, in addition to choosing a target, you must also select which Agent of Saruman is going to take the action.

The Agents of Saruman may pm each other freely.

Night Actions:

Dark Conversion – You can target a player, and if they are already on the side of Darkness, they will convert to Saruman’s side. This may only be used twice in the game.

Silent Death – This silent attack is a combination of sorcery, stealth and skill. It takes a lot to prepare and can only be performed every third night. However, it is very effective at killing. It is unavoidable through normal means, even if someone could normally hide or evade the attack. Supernormal means may be effective, however, against this attack.

Quick Death – When a quick attack is called for, you can, if necessary, create a quick attack. With rangers and others out there, you are not comfortable doing this every night, since you fear what failure would bring. It may not work, and it may out one of your Agents, but in an emergency, it is there for you to use.

Manipulate Vote – As a Night Action, you may select someone, and during the following day, you can move that person’s vote to any person you want. The person will know that their vote was changed, but it will only be changed at the deadline, not earlier. They will not normally know who manipulated them.

Disturb Power – Any normal player who has a special power will have that power (typically a Night Action) disrupted for the evening on which you use this power.

And their roles:

Agonar Thistleroot – You are the Keeper of one of the Stables, in town, the Cloven Shoe. When the Black Riders arrived a few days ago, all of your animals were killed or ran away, and now you have no income, no way of making money, and all of your animals that ran away were your investment. Devastated, you have turned to the powers of Darkness. You are an Agent of Saruman.

As an agent of Saruman, you have access to all of the powers of the agents. You have no additional powers or roles.

Antaria Lodestock – You are a local farmer who has long been a secret member of the Agents of Saruman. As an Agent, you have worked long to cultivate Saruman’s power here. You are the leader of the Agents of Saruman. As such, it is your responsibility to pm me each Night with the Agents of Saruman Night Action.

Additionally, as a night action, once per night you can submit a Dark Scrying. Select a person via pm. (“Night One, Dark Scrying SkyDog,” for example, would work.) Then, you will receive, in a pm, what that person’s side affiliation is (Light, Darkness, etc).

Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #2721
Izulde
Head Coach

Yep, Alan T is correct in his statement.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #2722
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agents of Sauron.

The original two Agents of Sauron were BrianD and DaddyTorgo. Their primer:

Agents of Sauron Primer

You are the Agents of Sauron. Unlike those narrowminded Agents of Saruman, your focus is on quick gain and having fun while doing it. You are all about getting power now. Each night, the Agents can make one Night Action from several options. It is the responsibility of the leader of the Agents to pm the Gamemaster during the night what the Sauron Agents are doing with their action.

When choosing a Night Action, in addition to choosing a target, you must also select which Agent of Sauron is going to take the action.

The Agents of Sauron may pm each other freely.

Night Actions:

Dark Conversion – You can target a player, and if they are already on the side of Darkness, they will convert to Sauron’s side. This may only be used twice in the game.

Vicious Murder – You can target a player and kill that player.

Torture Citizen – You can spend the evening torturing a player. If that player has any information about anything in the game, there is a good chance you will get it. The tortured player will be reported as missing from Bree, and the following night you must give an execute order. Therefore, it essentially takes two nights to torture and kill a player.

And their roles:

Bill Ferny – You are a local farmer and worker of husbandry who is in the service of Sauron. As the leader of the Agents of Sauron in Bree, it is your responsibility to actively ferret out the rangers and try to kill them. You were promoted to the leader of the Agents after conversing with the Black Riders and informing them of Baggins’ location. They gave you the creep, but gained power.

As the leader of the Agents of Sauron, you are required to turn in your faction’s Night Action to me each night. Additionally, as a result of your new role, you have learned a new power.

Each night, in addition to the Agents of Sauron action, you can, as a Night Action, use Dark Intuition on any target (An example of a suitable pm message would be, “Night One, Dark Intuition SkyDog”). You will learn what that person’s side affiliation is (Light, Darkness, etc)

Ventrick the Lost – You are one of the beggars and homeless of Bree. No one has ever given you anything other than table scraps and pity, which you do not want! As a result of your horrid condition, you have turned to service to Sauron, and are one of his Agents.

You are a recent recruit to the Agents of Sauron, and have all of the abilities of an Agent of Sauron, but no additional ones.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #2723
Izulde
Head Coach

Ahh! So there *was* an evil seer on Saruman 's side, just like I thought!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #2724
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow, I'm a bit surprised it's over... I wasn't expecting it. So, question as I go to bed, why kill me on night Five?

Great job guys!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #2725
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Neutrals:

SnDvls was a Neutral with the following role:

Antalia Daverheft – You are an Adventurer from abroad. You have holed up in Bree for a while now, preparing to enter and investigate The Barrow Downs. You are neither Light nor Dark, and belong to no faction. Starting on Night One, you can choose to Enter the Barrow Downs. Many things can happen to you down there, including injury or death, so be careful. You will be informed as to what happens each night you choose to Enter the Barrow Downs.

Should you remain unaligned with a side for the entirety of the game, you will gain a major victory if you survive, no matter which side wins.

Here are his rules, unbeknowingst to him:

Explore Barrow Downs:

1 – Die
2 – Injured (May not go again for 1d6 nights)
3 – 4 Find Item
5 – 6 Find Nothing

1 – Convert Good
2 – 5 – Nothing
6 – Convert Evil

Item:

1 – Shield with one safe protect then used
2 – Sword that kills whoever kills you
3 – Gold which you can use to buy a vote – get an extra vote for the rest of the game
4 – Ring that prevents lynching once and then the power is used up
5 – Orb which can be used to seer once and then the power is used
6 – Amulet which allows you to now if you are scanned and choose what you want to scan as.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #2726
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Other Un-Aligned:

I had one Darkness unaligned:

Silvos – You are Silvos, the Dark Adept. You are an Agent of Darkness, but are currently aligned with neither Sauron nor Saruman. On Night Three, if still alive, you must, as a Night Action, send me a pm choosing whether to join Sauron’s cause or Saruman’s. At that time, you will learn the powers of your masters and be initiated into their service.

And one Light unaligned, ties with the Neutral Adventurer for my favorite role:

Lafe Eriksdotter – You are a Beorning. Beorn is a great man whose ancestry is lost in time. Beorn learned the art of skin-shifting into a Bear and is a great leader of many men, including his own descendants and locals. He has taught a few of you the art of skin-shifting, including yourself. You are on the side of Light, but are neither townsfolk nor ranger.

You were returning from a trade mission from the Elves of Lindon and were staying the night in Bree when the Black Riders came through. Your heightened sense of smell noted the continued presence of darkness in the town. You have chosen to remain here to assist the locals in ridding the taint from their streets forever.

Each night, as a Night Action, you can skinshift and Protect a person. You will need to submit a pm to me telling me who you want to protect. (Night One, Protect SkyDog). While Protecting someone, they will be immune to harm. You will attack any servants of darkness that come to disturb the one you protect. You might even wound or kill the Agents of Darkness. You can sense if someone wants to see your ward for the evening with good intentions, and will let them by with you unseen. Only darkness will be stopped. Because you be in the form of a bear, you may be able to identify any Agents, but they will be unable to identify you.

Because of your ability, you can easily handle people. If you are lynched, instead of dying, you will skinshift, knock around some townsfolk, and leave the city to its fate.

As long as you are alive, you need three Agents of Darkness to Overwhelm you and win the game. You may not reveal this last piece of information about taking three Agents to succumb to the group, since you know Agents of Darkness are out there and refuse to reveal any weakness, as Beorn taught you.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #2727
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yep, Alan T is correct in his statement.

I think we scanned DaddyTorgo night 2.. the information we got from our scans were so unhelpful though we didnt want to act on it and just let him sit to see how things went. The big mistake I made was we assumed at least 2 more bad guys. So with that assumption we figured ntn and Mr.W had to likely be bad as well.. didn't think there would only be 1 of the 3 bad.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #2728
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And the Townsfolk roles:

Barliman Butterbur: You are Barliman Butterbur, the keeper of the Inn of the Prancing Pony and one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the one who met Mr. Underhill, the ranger Strider, and eventually remembered to give Gandalf’s letter, introducing Strider and sending the hobbits and the ranger off after helping with the Black Riders.

After they’ve gone, you have become one of the town leaders in attempting to excise the obvious wound of darkness in the village. You have begun to use your contacts and years of running the Inn to other purposes.

One per night, no more than every other night, you may submit a person’s name and post number to determine if that person is telling the truth or not. You may only submit a person’s post if it occurred during that day’s actions. If multiple statements are made, you will need to specify which statement you are investigating.

For example, suppose SkyDog made the following post:

Post Number 197:

I am neither an Agent of Sauron, nor of Saruman. I am a mere townfolk.

If you wanted to use you ability that night to investigate the truth of SkyDog’s claim, you could, but there are three separate claims of fact here. You will need to inform me which claim you are interested in. When you pm me, you could say:

Night One Action – Investigate SkyDog’s post, 197, where he says that he is a mere townsfolk.

That would be sufficient.

Nob: You are Nob, a hobbit Servant of Barliman Butterbur in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. As a hobbit, you are a slippery little fellow. At night, if you are the target of any action, there is an even chance of you being elsewhere or successfully hiding from whoever is looking for you. You are a bit paranoid, so you will automatically try to hide from anybody who searched for you at night, even someone you know and trust.

You do not need to tell me to use this ability, but you can, as a Night Action, choose not to hide from anyone, if you so desire.

Hob: You are Hob, a Stableworker, hobbit servant of Barliman Butterbur in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. As a hobbit, you are a slippery little fellow. At night, if you are the target of any action, there is an even chance of you being elsewhere or successfully hiding from whoever is looking for you. You are a bit paranoid, so you will automatically try to hide from anybody who searched for you at night, even someone you know and trust.

You do not need to tell me to use this ability, but you can, as a Night Action, choose not to hide from anyone, if you so desire.

Sirrion Huddlestump – You are a member of the Town Guard. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the husband of Flawuria Huddlestump, so you know, that, at the beginning of the game, she is completely on the side of light, although who knows what darkness lays in front of the city or your family. You love Flawuria so much that you are not sure what would happen if she were to die.

Flawuria Huddlestump – You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the wife of Sirron Huddlestump, so you know, that, at the beginning of the game, he is completely on the side of light, although who knows what darkness lays in front of the city or your family. You love Sirrion so much that you are not sure what would happen if he were to die.

Tavin – You are a local Propriator of the General Store. You are aligned with light and the Townsfolk of Bree. You sell various goods from your shop to everybody, bit you are too engrossed in your work to really get involved in the town. You have no additional responsibilities.

Canae Hightower – You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the local Miller. You do not know where your family came from, having been found in a local village as a babe. As far as you, you have no special powers or role.

Valen Gutters – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are a bit crazy and you sometimes talk to yourself. This gives you a reputation as the local Crazy Person. You are wholly unremarkable in every way. Except you sometimes think you are a hobbit, much to the amusement of actual hobbits have your size.

Celestia Avenspring – You are a local Farmer. In addition to belonging to the Townsfolk of Bree, you also specialize in growing Peppers. You are a simple Farmer.

Anya Thistledown – You are a Tomato Farmer on the outskirts of Bree, but you still are considered one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are just a humble farmer.

Astard Varn – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are a Descendant of the Lossoth, the people of the far north who live in the Weathered Heath and Forochel. You still have a bit of their dark hair and dark eyes. You have no additional abilities or roles.

Grum Rumblebelly – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are an old dwarf, who has retired in Bree after a life of minor adventures. You are the local Storyteller. Other than regaling young children with stories of dragons and your youth, you have no abilities.

Imelda – You are Imelda Francis, the Bree Herbalist. You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You own and operate the Mortar and Pestle, a local apothecary. As a result of your abilities and supplies, you can help out with the wounded and with healing. Whenever someone dies as a result of a Night Action, as long as you are alive, there is a small chance of their complete recovery. This chance is doubled for yourself, should you die as the result of a night action. This ability will not work for people who are lynched.

Pariel Gildenhoof – You are Pariel Gildenhoof, the local Onieromancer. You have kept your powers a secret from the others, because you know that they would scorn you and possibly exile you from Bree should they find out, and you have a two year old child to care for.

Once a night, as a Night Action, you can choose to Dreamwalk a person. You will designate that you are doing so by pm’ing me. (i.e., “Night One, Dreamwalk SkyDog”) As a result of your action, you will know a person’s side (light or dark) and faction, if any. You will not be able to uncover any special roles or abilities they might have.

Senethal Sidesword – You are the Ranger Sympathizer. You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree, since you are one of the local guardsmen. As a Ranger Sympathizer, you help and assist them in the town, but this is not known to the townfolk. As such, at the beginning of the game you know who one of the Rangers is, (and can even be given messages by the Rangers. However, you cannot communicate with the Rangers through pm in any way, you can only receive their messages.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #2729
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And the Townsfolk roles:

Barliman Butterbur: You are Barliman Butterbur, the keeper of the Inn of the Prancing Pony and one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the one who met Mr. Underhill, the ranger Strider, and eventually remembered to give Gandalf’s letter, introducing Strider and sending the hobbits and the ranger off after helping with the Black Riders.

After they’ve gone, you have become one of the town leaders in attempting to excise the obvious wound of darkness in the village. You have begun to use your contacts and years of running the Inn to other purposes.

One per night, no more than every other night, you may submit a person’s name and post number to determine if that person is telling the truth or not. You may only submit a person’s post if it occurred during that day’s actions. If multiple statements are made, you will need to specify which statement you are investigating.

For example, suppose SkyDog made the following post:

Post Number 197:

I am neither an Agent of Sauron, nor of Saruman. I am a mere townfolk.

If you wanted to use you ability that night to investigate the truth of SkyDog’s claim, you could, but there are three separate claims of fact here. You will need to inform me which claim you are interested in. When you pm me, you could say:

Night One Action – Investigate SkyDog’s post, 197, where he says that he is a mere townsfolk.

That would be sufficient.

Nob: You are Nob, a hobbit Servant of Barliman Butterbur in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. As a hobbit, you are a slippery little fellow. At night, if you are the target of any action, there is an even chance of you being elsewhere or successfully hiding from whoever is looking for you. You are a bit paranoid, so you will automatically try to hide from anybody who searched for you at night, even someone you know and trust.

Hob: You are Hob, a Stableworker, hobbit servant of Barliman Butterbur in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. As a hobbit, you are a slippery little fellow. At night, if you are the target of any action, there is an even chance of you being elsewhere or successfully hiding from whoever is looking for you. You are a bit paranoid, so you will automatically try to hide from anybody who searched for you at night, even someone you know and trust.

Sirrion Huddlestump – You are a member of the Town Guard. You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the husband of Flawuria Huddlestump, so you know, that, at the beginning of the game, she is completely on the side of light, although who knows what darkness lays in front of the city or your family. You love Flawuria so much that you are not sure what would happen if she were to die.

Flawuria Huddlestump – You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the wife of Sirron Huddlestump, so you know, that, at the beginning of the game, he is completely on the side of light, although who knows what darkness lays in front of the city or your family. You love Sirrion so much that you are not sure what would happen if he were to die.

Tavin – You are a local Propriator of the General Store. You are aligned with light and the Townsfolk of Bree. You sell various goods from your shop to everybody, bit you are too engrossed in your work to really get involved in the town. You have no additional responsibilities.

Canae Hightower – You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are the local Miller. You do not know where your family came from, having been found in a local village as a babe. As far as you, you have no special powers or role.

Valen Gutters – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are a bit crazy and you sometimes talk to yourself. This gives you a reputation as the local Crazy Person. You are wholly unremarkable in every way. Except you sometimes think you are a hobbit, much to the amusement of actual hobbits have your size.

Celestia Avenspring – You are a local Farmer. In addition to belonging to the Townsfolk of Bree, you also specialize in growing Peppers. You are a simple Farmer.

Anya Thistledown – You are a Tomato Farmer on the outskirts of Bree, but you still are considered one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are just a humble farmer.

Astard Varn – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are a Descendant of the Lossoth, the people of the far north who live in the Weathered Heath and Forochel. You still have a bit of their dark hair and dark eyes. You have no additional abilities or roles.

Grum Rumblebelly – You are one of the Townsfolk of Bree. You are an old dwarf, who has retired in Bree after a life of minor adventures. You are the local Storyteller. Other than regaling young children with stories of dragons and your youth, you have no abilities.

Imelda – You are Imelda Francis, the Bree Herbalist. You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree. You own and operate the Mortar and Pestle, a local apothecary. As a result of your abilities and supplies, you can help out with the wounded and with healing. Whenever someone dies as a result of a Night Action, as long as you are alive, there is a small chance of their complete recovery. This chance is doubled for yourself, should you die as the result of a night action. This ability will not work for people who are lynched.

Pariel Gildenhoof – You are Pariel Gildenhoof, the local Onieromancer. You have kept your powers a secret from the others, because you know that they would scorn you and possibly exile you from Bree should they find out, and you have a two year old child to care for.

Once a night, as a Night Action, you can choose to Dreamwalk a person. You will designate that you are doing so by pm’ing me. (i.e., “Night One, Dreamwalk SkyDog”) As a result of your action, you will know a person’s side (light or dark) and faction, if any. You will not be able to uncover any special roles or abilities they might have.

Senethal Sidesword – You are the Ranger Sympathizer. You are a member of the Townsfolk of Bree, since you are one of the local guardsmen. As a Ranger Sympathizer, you help and assist them in the town, but this is not known to the townfolk. As such, at the beginning of the game you know who one of the Rangers is, (and can even be given messages by the Rangers. However, you cannot communicate with the Rangers through pm in any way, you can only receive their messages.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #2730
Schmidty
Coordinator

Woot!!!

Tyrith, thank you so much for your last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
At this point I believe that keeping the rangers alive is almost more important than getting more scans, considering the way our CoTs have been developing. Keep guarding whoever you think might be a ranger in mind.

It sounded so vague and innocent, and that was what I was looking for.

I got lucky!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #2731
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GOSH DARN YOU SCHMIDTY!!! I figured I had to take out LSG or Tyrith tonight and I thought Schmidty had been swayed to protect LSG in order to get her viewing through on tomorrow to narrow things down so I figured I had a shot at Tyrith and taking out another ranger tonight.

GRRRR. bad play by me. I should have gone with my initial thought, which was going after Jon tonight.

FWIW...I acquired an amulet on night 2, so I would have scryed as a normal townsfolk on the light side to LSG.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #2732
Tyrith
College Starter

YES! MY ABILITY TO GET ATTACKED MEANS I'M AN ALL-STAR!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #2733
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DaddyTorgo would have gone farther if LSG has just scanned him.

SnDvls had found, that night, the Amulet of Obfuscation, and that allowed him to choose what to be scanned as. I gave DT a 50/50 chance of discovering the amulet when he killed SnDvls, and he passed. He choose to scan as Light/Townsfolk, but was never scanned by LSG.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-16-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #2734
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wow.. so with 3 rangers left and schmidty, it would require 8 evil guys to have won not even counting the other villagers alive on the last day.. we were even better off than I thought when we pulled the trigger on thomkal
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #2735
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Wow, I'm a bit surprised it's over... I wasn't expecting it. So, question as I go to bed, why kill me on night Five?

Great job guys!!

just random really. needed to off someone, wanted to stay away from people who might be protected, and as i alluded, thought i might hit a ranger
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #2736
Izulde
Head Coach

I have to say, I was really sweating it there when it looked like I was going to be lynched that one night... and I'm really surprised the Dark sides never tried attacking me.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #2737
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
DaddyTorgo would have gone farther if LSG has just scanned him.

SnDvls had found, that night, the Amulet of Obfuscation, and that allowed him to choose what to be scanned as. I gave DT a 50/50 chance of discovering the amulet when he killed SnDvls, and he passed. He choose to scan as Light/Townsfolk, but was never scanned by LSG.

That would really have messed us up if that had happened. I assumed there were at least 2 sauron guys.. so DT showing up good would have pushed me to going after Mr.W and ntn moreso. THen with them good, my only option left would had been LSG..

Guess Schmidty really is the mvp.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #2738
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I hear by proclaim that schmidty no longer can claim to be the world's worst WW player
Old 11-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #2739
Tyrith
College Starter

Great game everyone.

This afternoon was interesting...I had to convince Alan to lynch Thomkal Stupid BS reveal kept us going for days, nice job Thomkal on being just brave enough and giving just enough hints to stop us from killing you :P

Although we would have gotten you _eventually_ daddy, after we killed ntn...and mr.w...and lsg...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #2740
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

grrrr...i misplayed that end. shoulda stayed away from tyrith AND lsg on this night instead of picking one.

if you suspected me rangers, why not move on me earlier? and i figured i would start to draw a little heat, but i was really hoping LSG would scan me and clear me for everyone.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:38 AM   #2741
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I got pm questons about this and expect it to be aasked here, so here goes:

What happens when AofSaurman uses a planned, magical kill against a target that Schmidity guards? Magic on Magic?

50/50 chance they use magic to sneak past Schmidty and get the kill off. Schmidity won this roll:

50/50 chance that the sorcery will Schmidty or that his body in ursine form wil fight it off. Schmidty won this roll

Then the normal chances:

50/50 that the attacker will be injured/killed or escape. Sublime 2 won this roll. DT failed last night. Then a 50/50 roll to see if injured or dead. Schmidty won this roll tonight and killed DT. If injured, unable to take a NA for 1d6 nights

50/50 that Schmidity will ID attacker if esacpes. Schmidty won this roll against Sublime, but actually failed against DT, so did not know who he killed under post-death.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #2742
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Interesting - BrianD recommended not to disrupt or kill LSG ont eh night she scanned him, thinking that DT would. DT ended up offing DC choosing to stay far away from revealed seers. If the agents of Saruman has disrupted LSG and preevnted the Brain scan, or just killed LSG (Schmidty was elsehwere that night) BrainD is never outed and teh fall of Saruman's agenst is delayed for a while.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:41 AM   #2743
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'll check back in a few to see if you had any other questions.

I LOVED hosting this game and you guys were great. It was a grteat game from a pm and public perspective, and I wanted to thank each of the original 25 plus DC for stepping in there early.

-Abe

Old 11-16-2006, 12:41 AM   #2744
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Great game everyone.

This afternoon was interesting...I had to convince Alan to lynch Thomkal Stupid BS reveal kept us going for days, nice job Thomkal on being just brave enough and giving just enough hints to stop us from killing you :P

Although we would have gotten you _eventually_ daddy, after we killed ntn...and mr.w...and lsg...

but my endgame was going to play like this: kill you tonight tyrith, then get LSG to scan and clear me, knock off izulde or alan or jon as you two went after NTN and weds. and that would have the numbers down pretty well.

unfortunately i got nabbed tonight.

i found this game REALLY hard on me though, as Brian tried to kill Thom on night 2 and got converted so I was all by myself the entire game making all the "violent" night kills and fearing that the saruman side would move on me at any moment.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:41 AM   #2745
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
grrrr...i misplayed that end. shoulda stayed away from tyrith AND lsg on this night instead of picking one.

if you suspected me rangers, why not move on me earlier? and i figured i would start to draw a little heat, but i was really hoping LSG would scan me and clear me for everyone.

I think I suspected you moreso than Izulde and Gramm did. THe problem we had was you were a very early scan for us, and your role came back not good, but not bad.. we were left scratching our heads without knowing for sure what it meant. I still felt you were likely bad, but we had no way to prove it to non-rangers without totally outing ourselves way too early. So we just sat on the information and kept gathering more info.

By a few days later we realized the info we received about roles wern't going to tell us much at all for the majority of people. The most sinister Role description we got back was actually the one for LSG, but we felt for the most part she was likely telling the truth. We basically played more passively than anything (weird sounding as vocal as I was) and mainly tried to steer people away from lynching possible important roles so we could nail down our CoT.

Big things for us along the way were:

-Gramm figuring out who his cousin was so we could convert Tyrith in to the rangers.
-Us figuring out day 2 that Jonathan was the ranger sympathizer.

We had a 5 person CoT fairly early in the game which gave us the ability to take good risks on other votes. We knew from Swaggs' role he was likely good and same thing when Schmidty came out.

At the end we really had it down to a handful of people that could be the bad guys
Old 11-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #2746
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I hear by proclaim that schmidty no longer can claim to be the world's worst WW player

No that is, and always shall be, my official title.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #2747
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
but my endgame was going to play like this: kill you tonight tyrith, then get LSG to scan and clear me, knock off izulde or alan or jon as you two went after NTN and weds. and that would have the numbers down pretty well.

unfortunately i got nabbed tonight.

i found this game REALLY hard on me though, as Brian tried to kill Thom on night 2 and got converted so I was all by myself the entire game making all the "violent" night kills and fearing that the saruman side would move on me at any moment.

With the numbers in this game there wasn't really a way they could ever move on you without screwing themselves. I honestly expected there to be two more bad guys than there were.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #2748
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just a note to Jonathan, I already told Tyrith, but we never told you about Tyrith and never told Tyrith about you just in case of the small chance one of you two got converted along the way. We wanted a safe guard to protect the good guys from corruption on the inside. I know my PM messages to you got rather uninformative about midgame.. we just got to a point where we were working on figuring out which seer was which and trying to bring Tyrith over to our side.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #2749
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
By a few days later we realized the info we received about roles wern't going to tell us much at all for the majority of people. The most sinister Role description we got back was actually the one for LSG, but we felt for the most part she was likely telling the truth.

Oneiromancer - one who divines or reads meanings into dreams.

If that doesn't scream, I'm the seer....

-Anxiety

Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #2750
Swaggs
Coordinator

DT, did you kill me because you knew I would check your statement for truth the following day?