Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #3101
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
This is completely utterly and totally random.

For some reason I have the old them to the Dick Clark game show "The $25,000 Pyramid" (and its myriad versions) stuck in my head.. and I can't get it out!

Things that drive you bananas?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #3102
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hate you so very much
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #3103
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Hate you so very much

Ok, how about this one?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #3104
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
God I love restaurants that know what service is.

We're regulars at this Greek place. Came in for dinner tonight, with my very very pregnant wife. During the course of the dinner, the owner takes a bottle of wine, wraps it up, puts it on our table, and says 'when you get back from the hospital, enjoy this on me.'

You remember that kinda shit.

I am right there with you CW!

We had this place in Utah that they thought of us as part of the family (Japanese Sushi place) to the point when they went to Japan they brought back 3 Kimono's for my daughter, they were traditional, made of silk and amazing...I asked them what we owed and they said nothing, we have to spoil our little one...
Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #3105
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I forgot what it was like to have a gaming laptop. I have been running on my 6 year old dell since my other died.

Received a new laptop today and this thing is awesome.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #3106
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Crazy ass twist in the Nejdra Nance/Carlina Williams kidnapping thing. Oh, you guys spent the 275k reward money when I was gone for more than 21 years? Peace, I'm out bitches.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #3107
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

On the restaurant theme-

There is a little Italian place in downtown, that somehow became the place my Mrs SR and I would stop at, typically before a Penguins game.

We get the same waiter, Frank, every time. He hangs out with us during the meal, talks hockey with us. Since we've been going for so long, he remembers when we first came in, when she was pregnant with each of our kids (now 6 and 4), when we first started bringing them in, so on and so on.

He'll check his watch, know how long we have til game time...say you still have a few minutes and bring the kids cake out or something. We never leave empty handed-- always have a loaf or 2 of the bread they make on site.

One year we did dinner on our daughter's birthday there, so bigger group than normal-- my parents, sisters, bro-in-law and sister in law, etc.

He opened a room for us only, told us the history of the building they are in (originally a brothel, which led to an interesting conversation ) and probably charged us 1/2 of what the total should have been.

Anyone who asks me where is a good place to go before a game, or when they are in town, I tell them this place before they even finish the question.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #3108
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post

Ok, how about this one?

HOW ANNOYING WAS IT?!?!?

It was so annoying that afterwards SirFozzie blanked
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #3109
MJ4H
Coordinator

Did the Cavs win Last Night?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #3110
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
HOW ANNOYING WAS IT?!?!?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg matchgame2.jpg (84.0 KB, 239 views)

Old 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #3111
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

http://www.freep.com/article/20110208/NEWS01/110208041/0/SPORTS08/Bing-s-RoboCop-decision-annoys-sci-fi-fans?odyssey=nav|head

No Robocop statue? At least let us buy that for a dollar!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #3112
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
HOW ANNOYING WAS IT?!?!?

*chuckles* I got on a gameshow kick thanks to this discussion and watched a bunch of old game show clips... Not many people probably remember these:

Whew!
Break The Bank
Pitfall (with Alex Trebek)
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #3113
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've only been paying passing attention to the news this week. Lemme see if I have this straight:

Mark Sanchez had sex with a 17 year old girl. But the girl actually ended up being a Congressman from NY who posed as a 17 year old girl on Craigslist. The people in Egypt found this Craigslist falsehood too much to bear and took to the streets to protest, which caused Jerry Sloane to step down as coach of the Utah Jazz.

Sound about right?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #3114
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is Rick Reilly the worst featured sports writer ever? I used to like reading him when I was a kid, but every time I make the mistake of clicking on a column of his now, it's just so bad.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #3115
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/20110208/NEWS01/110208041/0/SPORTS08/Bing-s-RoboCop-decision-annoys-sci-fi-fans?odyssey=nav|head

No Robocop statue? At least let us buy that for a dollar!

While RoboCop remains a sci-fi classic, many Detroit boosters denounce its depiction of the city as a wasteland of crime and blight.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #3116
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Is Rick Reilly the worst featured sports writer ever? I used to like reading him when I was a kid, but every time I make the mistake of clicking on a column of his now, it's just so bad.

He's gotten pretty darned close. He's quickly becoming the online equivalent of Joe Buck for me.

The presence, and frequent hackery, of guys like Pat Forde & David Newton prevent me from declaring Reilly as the undisputed worst of the worst.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #3117
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

It looks like a rock chip impacted my window Saturday when I was driving through roads that had ice on them earlier in the day. I looked but saw no chip. A windshield is just covered in filth, much like most guys caches, when driving in those conditions so it was near impossible to see the tiny chip. I don't think I've ever had a chip that small run, but Wednesday I was driving and all of a sudden it ran from the starting point on the right all the way across to in front of me. It happened in slow motion over 20 seconds. It was totally awesome at the time but wasn't.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #3118
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post

Welcome to the land of Awesomeness, we are pleased with your arrival.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #3119
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tara Reid, circa American Pie/Van Wilder, had a Koufax-esque peak value in hotness.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #3120
JediKooter
Coordinator

Today is the 1 year anniversary of me getting laid off at Apple. I still have mixed feelings about it. I miss my friends there and working at probably one of the best companies out there. On the other hand, I'm working at one of the premier special effects companies in the world, in an industry that I want to be in. Very similar work environments between the two to be honest & I really can't complain. I'm just thankful to be working when I know it's been a struggle for so many people out there to find work.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #3121
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Today is the 1 year anniversary of me getting laid off at Apple. I still have mixed feelings about it. I miss my friends there and working at probably one of the best companies out there. On the other hand, I'm working at one of the premier special effects companies in the world, in an industry that I want to be in. Very similar work environments between the two to be honest & I really can't complain. I'm just thankful to be working when I know it's been a struggle for so many people out there to find work.

Yup.

I just went back to work and consider myself very lucky to get the second job I interviewed for.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #3122
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yup.

I just went back to work and consider myself very lucky to get the second job I interviewed for.

Definitely a feeling of relief and on the second job you interviewed for is pretty awesome.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #3123
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The people in Egypt found this Craigslist falsehood too much to bear and took to the streets to protest.

Sound about right?

You missed the part about 400 people being turned away and given free airfare to the protest of their choice in the future.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #3124
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Far too many of my Facebook friends are attending a Bon Jovi concert tonight. I apparently have questionable taste in people.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #3125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Tara Reid, circa American Pie/Van Wilder, had a Koufax-esque peak value in hotness.

Agreed. "Body Shots" is one quality movie.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #3126
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

At dinner, our waiter's name was Storm. Apparently I stumbled into a taping of American Gladiators when I entered the restaurant.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #3127
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A local folk music group was playing at the coffee house I went to tonight. While talking to my friends, an old man came over and told me to be quiet.

I was a little surprised about that. I knew I should be quiet at libraries, movies, plays, and such...but no idea during a coffee house music setting.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #3128
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Bump
Old 02-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #3129
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I finished up my trip to Vegas by losing $400 in about 15 minutes of Blackjack, including 3 dealer blackjacks in a row to clear me out.

It was quite epic. I had witnesses.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #3130
stevew
Hall Of Famer

so, you bet $50, then $100, then $200 and lost?
Old 02-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #3131
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No, that wouldn't have been as interesting. All $25 bets with a couple double downs. Just a fantastic run of bad luck.

Had been playing for an hour and was running even, then I blinked and was empty.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #3132
MJ4H
Coordinator

maybe blackjack not your game
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #3133
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I was bitter after being talked into craps(no clue on the rules) and blowing $60 right away. This kind of pales.

I mean lets be honest, no Vegas game is your game(except maybe you Poker guys). I wasn't expecting to leave a winner. I was just hoping to not lose quite as much so quickly and keep drinking "on the house" .

Last edited by jeff061 : 02-13-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #3134
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with the local news on (I assure you, it would never be on in the evening otherwise). Apparently one of the twats on the Redskins got "stabbed" last night. Required stitches, but sounds fairly superficial from the way the news is showing it.

Well, I guess he lives in the apartment complex up the road from me, since that's what I woke up seeing (not a surprise, I live only a few miles from the Redskins facility here in Ashburn). Imagine my momentary fear that something had gone down there. Nope, he lived there. And the news was asking his NEIGHBORS how they felt about him getting "stabbed" downtown. What a complete and utter joke.

Apparently this opened the news, next story was about a homicide in PG county. Can't believe that interviews with some of Ashburn's most bumpkin-looking residents about a player with a superficial injury beats homicide.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #3135
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,
OK, maybe the wound wasn't as superficial as the news made it sound. The dude got hospitalized.

But that doesn't really change my rant. Why ask his neighbors how they felt about an incident that happened 35 miles away? And how does the news only seem to find the most bumpkin-looking/sounding people to interview?

I never watch local news at night and only occasionally put it on in the morning for traffic or weather. Local news around here is a complete joke.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #3136
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Dola,
And how does the news only seem to find the most bumpkin-looking/sounding people to interview?

Welcome to the South. See this.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #3137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That Darth Vader Passat commercial may be the best commercial I have ever seen.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #3138
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just watched "The Godfather" for the first time in my life.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #3139
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I just watched "The Godfather" for the first time in my life.

Well????

Edit: Oh and I hope you weren't too loud when you were watching it.

Last edited by JediKooter : 02-14-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #3140
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I enjoyed it. I wasn't so much of a fan of how "quiet" at times the characters seemed to speak...to the point I was cranking my volume up to understand it. I didn't mind the heavy Italian accents in the English but I didn't like how some of the Italian was subtitled and other parts were not.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with it. The movie certainly wasn't what I anticipated watching.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #3141
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well crap, just broke one of my all-time favorite coffee cups. Slipped right out of my hand somehow, didn't survive the fall to the floor. Depressing. Farewell brown Grumpy mug, you'll be missed.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #3142
molson
General Manager

Godspeed, coffee cup.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #3143
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I enjoyed it. I wasn't so much of a fan of how "quiet" at times the characters seemed to speak...to the point I was cranking my volume up to understand it. I didn't mind the heavy Italian accents in the English but I didn't like how some of the Italian was subtitled and other parts were not.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with it. The movie certainly wasn't what I anticipated watching.

I think if you watch Goodfellas before you watch the Godfather movies it can throw you for a loop a bit.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #3144
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

The book is much better.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #3145
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I don't know if it's better, but the book is definitely worth the read.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #3146
sabotai
General Manager

The Godfather (1 and 2) are perfect 10s as far as movies go (IMO).

The only way the book could be better for me is if the rating for books goes to 11.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #3147
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Jon, I hear you need a new coffee cup. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #3148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Jon, I hear you need a new coffee cup. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

But I prefer mine without a horse's head.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #3149
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well crap, just broke one of my all-time favorite coffee cups. Slipped right out of my hand somehow, didn't survive the fall to the floor. Depressing. Farewell brown Grumpy mug, you'll be missed.

I always envisioned you drinking coffee out of one of those 64 oz 7-11 plastic jugs; therefore I didn't think you'd ever be faced with such a problem.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #3150
JediKooter
Coordinator

We should pitch in and get Jon this mug to replace his old one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5f5.jpg (26.6 KB, 251 views)