Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #4751
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Yeah, its been up and down rt 9 for awhile know, but they finally extended it about the 20 meters off rt 9 that I needed.

Hehe!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #4752
sabotai
General Manager

So I guess the "Psychic Twins" are the latest hot frauds to make it into the mainstream. I caught the tail portion of their interview on the View today. I'm sure they were pushing their after-the-fact revised predictions, but this was the most laugh worthy thing they said.

Someone asked them if they could predict lottery numbers and they responded, and I'm sure I'm paraphrasing: "We can't use it for personal gain. If we did, we would lose our gift." ........so, what would you call getting paid to be on TV shows, write books and put out CDs? Are doing those things not under the umbrella of "for personal gain"?

Last edited by sabotai : 07-08-2011 at 01:42 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #4753
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

God damn Verizon screwed up my FIOS install. They told me today but put it in the system for the 19th. I'm going to be in Detroit(ugh) for the next three weeks. Piss me off.

Oh well, they said they'd credit me my 1st month's bill, whenever I can get it installed.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #4754
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
FIOS is tasty.

So is the 50 megs down, 10 up I get from TWC...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #4755
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'll take my 35up thank you very much!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #4756
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll take my 35up thank you very much!

I've yet to see the need for that much upload speed so far... (not that I'm not jealous).

(Another edit) - as a residential user...

Last edited by DanGarion : 07-08-2011 at 03:40 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #4757
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Not surprising to me, honestly. I think she did it, but they couldn't even prove how the kid died. That and a defense lawyer throwing stupid theories into the juries face every day. Any random group of people is less than intelligent.

Agree. It's amazing that the media appears to not to know fully how our judicial system and Constitutional rights works. The problem also wasn't helped by the fact that they couldn't prove that it was pre-mediated or accidental.

I absolutely hate everything about the case and trial. From the media, to the lynch mob, to people crying "foul" when everything was followed by the law. I don't find these people to be much better than Casey, all cashing in on the death of a sweet, innocent 3-year-girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I didn't follow this at all, but the little I heard it seems like she benefited from a fucked up family situation, where there was no definitive proof of her guilt despite it being pretty much a given that one of them did it.

A serious question, but is she mentally unstable or ill by clinical standards? We all know she's narcissistic, but she clearly cross that line by miles. Can you treat something like that? The whole family seems messed up.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #4758
Galaxy
Coordinator

BTW,

Maybe she can go hide out with Tiger down in Orlando.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #4759
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I've yet to see the need for that much upload speed so far... (not that I'm not jealous).

(Another edit) - as a residential user...

I see moving my file sharing hub for my friends/family/myself from a hosted server I pay $10/month for to a server in my home office.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #4760
miked
College Starter

Brazilian steakhouse FTW! I love you Buford Highway.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #4761
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
A serious question, but is she mentally unstable or ill by clinical standards?

Apparently not to an extreme degree, since her own defense team tried to have her declared incompetent to stand trial in the middle of the trial and had three experts declare her capable.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #4762
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I love old sports articles. From after Favre retired the 1st time...

Favre and Rodgers have one thing in common: Each measured precisely 6 feet 2 inches at the combine. Rodgers weighed 217 last season, about five pounds fewer than Favre, but his ability to withstand punishment is a major question.

Of the 50 games played by the Packers in the last three seasons, Rodgers wasn't available for six because of a broken foot and four because of a pulled hamstring.

The AFC scout said he'd take Rodgers over Grossman, Jackson and Beck, and that he'd take Anderson, Edwards, Clemens, Cutler, Leinart, Young and Houston's Matt Schaub over Rodgers.

Hindsight being 20/20... oops.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #4763
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

How is your girlfriend she asked as I was leaving fuddruckers. I asked what she was talking about. She said I brought some girl there. I asked what did she look like. She replied blonde. I shook my head like I didn't know. She said too many to keep track of. So I take girls in there but I don't have a clue who she is talking about. Drives me crazy, what do you guys with a sense of humor do in a situation like this. Play some fbcb until wondering about it subsides.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #4764
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
How is your girlfriend she asked as I was leaving fuddruckers.

I think this should replace "It was a dark and stormy night..."
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #4765
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Sometimes the ice weasels come out at night.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #4766
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

I will probably see many more nights were the night sky is bright but doubt something like that will ever happen again.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #4767
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Apparently not to an extreme degree, since her own defense team tried to have her declared incompetent to stand trial in the middle of the trial and had three experts declare her capable.

The parents seem just as insane. They interviewed her ex-fiance and said they weren't crappy parents to her in her younger years. Might explain why she rejected a visit from her mom today.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-08-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #4768
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
_
So I do just say things at times. I never took a blond there, that's what baffles me. My dad was there even but he was too upset about losing his juicy peach green tea because they switched from Pepsi to coke to even notice. I was shaking my head at the oddness when I got in the car but my dad wondered why. Maybe it didn't happen, maybe I took a blond there in my dreams.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 07-08-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #4769
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I feel like I'm missing a part of this story. Who at the Fuddrucker's is asking you this? Or is it just some unimportant random person?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #4770
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I feel like I'm missing a part of this story. Who at the Fuddrucker's is asking you this? Or is it just some unimportant random person?

Don't stop him, he's on a roll...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #4771
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The parents seem just as insane. They interviewed her ex-fiance and said they weren't crappy parents to her in her younger years. Might explain why she rejected a visit from her mom today.

Believe me, I'm no fan of anyone from that dysfunctional family circus.

It wouldn't have taken very much work to convince me that the mother (i.e. grandmother) was somehow involved in a grand conspiracy of some sort, bitch has always given off bad vibes to me no matter what role she was playing.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #4772
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Believe me, I'm no fan of anyone from that dysfunctional family circus.

It wouldn't have taken very much work to convince me that the mother (i.e. grandmother) was somehow involved in a grand conspiracy of some sort, bitch has always given off bad vibes to me no matter what role she was playing.

I agree. That's one of the big reasons why I couldn't rule guilty. Do you think that one's environment is what would cause a person to act this way?

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #4773
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree. That's one of the big reasons why I couldn't rule guilty. Do you think that one's environment is what would cause a person to act this way?

I'd probably go more with genetics. The self-absorption required to do what I believe she did is off the charts, but I don't know that I could say I'm surprised after seeing as much of the parents as I've seen over the past three years (my wife is a Graceaholic, so I've heard the phrase "Tot Mom" more times than I can count & seen George and his wife more times than anyone should have to).
Old 07-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #4774
RainMaker
General Manager

Why do really pretty girls get huge tattoos?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #4775
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd probably go more with genetics. The self-absorption required to do what I believe she did is off the charts, but I don't know that I could say I'm surprised after seeing as much of the parents as I've seen over the past three years (my wife is a Graceaholic, so I've heard the phrase "Tot Mom" more times than I can count & seen George and his wife more times than anyone should have to).

Part of me thinks it genetic as well, but environment certainly can help change it. I think Dateline NBC had a story two weeks ago or so on Diane Downs, which had an interview with her daughter.

Oh dear on the Graceaholic. I honestly cannot decide on who I dislike more. CNN is just as bad as Fox News these days.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #4776
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

I find the tramp stamp rather ugly as well. Most tattoos these days seem rather bland and meaningless. It's a butterfly, rose, or something generic.

You should see my dad's neighbor. A very large woman who has big tattoos all over her body (legs, arms, and I think some more private areas) who walks around outside in a one-piece black bathing suit. One day she ran over next door to show my dad her tattoos. They do not talk to each other and keep to their own business usually.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-09-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #4777
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't mind a tramp stamp or something small on the back. But today I see a gorgeous girl walking my way. Great face, great body, and then I notice she has this huge tattoo running up her calf. It just looks ridiculous and turns her from a solid 8 to a 5 at best.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #4778
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Brazilian steakhouse FTW! I love you Buford Highway.

I really need to get there someday. I have heard great things.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #4779
PilotMan
Head Coach

Where have all the kissing Morgana's gone?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #4780
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I think the reuben pizza we ordered last night was "off" as both my wife and I were pretty "under the weather" after eating it. I'm now doing a guy thing and weighing the pros and cons of eating the leftovers for lunch. On one hand, it's my favorite pizza. On the other, it will probably make me sicker.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #4781
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

So they aren't usually my thing at all but I have a question. I thought about after meeting this girl and I don't know what to think. I am a business owner and if I need to take a client out along with his wife would it be a negative to have mine have big tattoos.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #4782
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I think the reuben pizza we ordered last night was "off" as both my wife and I were pretty "under the weather" after eating it. I'm now doing a guy thing and weighing the pros and cons of eating the leftovers for lunch. On one hand, it's my favorite pizza. On the other, it will probably make me sicker.

haha, I did this at work this week. Ate some store bought mac and cheese on Tuesday and it gave me the horrible shits, which sucks at work. So I bought some pepto and ate the rest on Friday, didn't end well, for me or the bathroom at work.

I also learned Pepto makes your shit very dark.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #4783
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

we tossed the pizza. reluctantly
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #4784
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

FREEDOM!

Got the letters in the mail today... I am officially finished with court-mandated child support! YEAH!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #4785
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
FREEDOM!

Got the letters in the mail today... I am officially finished with court-mandated child support! YEAH!

No more netbooks or laptops?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #4786
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
So they aren't usually my thing at all but I have a question. I thought about after meeting this girl and I don't know what to think. I am a business owner and if I need to take a client out along with his wife would it be a negative to have mine have big tattoos.

I saw a pretty girl today who have all of the religious symbols on her wrist. Really downgraded her attractiveness.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #4787
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm a much bigger fan of the tattoos that you normally don't get to see.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #4788
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really want to move to upstate NY but there's no way I can do it for several years.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #4789
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I really want to move to upstate NY but there's no way I can do it for several years.

What do people who live upstate call people who don't?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #4790
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I don't think so if she is dresses and acts appropriately. I don't have a problem with them, I just look at them and think why a pretty girl would put that on her body. It's like a guy having a muscular frame and wearing extremely baggy clothes all the time.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #4791
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
FREEDOM!

I'm looking forward to the day that I don't have to pay child support any more. Just 58 more payments to go! Yeah!

I feel like I'm paying off a mortgage I've been doing it so long (13+ years)
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #4792
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What's on a Reuben pizza? I'm guessing crust topped with thousand island, sauerkraut, cubed corned beef and shredded Swiss cheese? That sounds really good.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #4793
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it is and it is
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #4794
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I got to meet Macro today. In the airport of all places. There I was, standing at the gate for my flight to BWI, and he walks by (having recently landed himself), realizes who I am, and says hi. It was so utterly random. And awesome.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #4795
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Haha - that is utterly random and awesome!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #4796
molson
General Manager

Hey, I was at BWI today too!

Edit: Oh wait though, you guys were somewhere else....reading comprehension...

Last edited by molson : 07-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #4797
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I got to meet Macro today. In the airport of all places. There I was, standing at the gate for my flight to BWI, and he walks by (having recently landed himself), realizes who I am, and says hi. It was so utterly random. And awesome.

/tk

What gave you away? Crutches? Casts (the thousands?) The countless doctors, therapists, nurses, lawyers & other peripherally employed persons thanks to you one-woman health care network?

Or does he have a Kristin wall back home & needed an excuse to get a hair sample?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #4798
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
What gave you away? Crutches? Casts (the thousands?) The countless doctors, therapists, nurses, lawyers & other peripherally employed persons thanks to you one-woman health care network?

Or does he have a Kristin wall back home & needed an excuse to get a hair sample?

LOL....She probably does think I have a Kristin wall back home...LOL...It was definitely cool to meet TK even if it was just a Hi...

Next time TK, Stevew or anyone decides to visit this place...you need to give someone a heads up...
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #4799
Izulde
Head Coach

I couldn't believe the difference between Emily's Before and After pics. Glad to see Debbye isn't going to leave Amsale. I'd tell her the same damn thing, not to go back into retail.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #4800
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Someone at work just referred to me as a "data booty call." The sad thing is that he's right.