Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #1451
aston217
College Prospect

Well the only two things I can think of: if it's the preseason or postseason, the relevant boxes need to be checked. And, the file for the week played needs to be downloaded and put in the right folder. For example, if two weeks were played but you skipped one import and went straight to the next one, you'll be missing the data from that game in Analyzer, I think.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #1452
hitmanwa
n00b

Can't set Interrogator Output Directory. Any ideas? Using W7x64 and after it finishes it says Interrogator has stopped working then all I can do is close the program.
hitmanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #1453
aston217
College Prospect

I couldn't either, but the files were still actually output. I posted about it a page or two ago, but I believe all the CSV files (there are a billion) are in the *install* directory of the suite.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #1454
hitmanwa
n00b

Hey aston, yeah I read your posts yesterday but I'm getting a different issue I think. The file isn't getting spit out at all and there aren't but a couple of .csv files in the installation dir.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #1455
gstelmack
Pro Starter

There should be NOTHING going to the install folder, everything goes to Documents/StelmackSoft/UtilitySuite if it doesn't let you specify a location.

If nothing is output, then either something in the form is filled out wrong so it doesn't think there is anything to do, or it hit an error. If it was an error, it shouldn't be silent, you'd see something, either a dialog or in the status window.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #1456
hitmanwa
n00b

It gets to the "Writing Cities.csv" and then I get the "Interrogator has stopped working" popup and then I can either check online for a solution or close it. Either way it ends up closing.

Thanks for the reply,
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #1457
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What does the CheckPaths utility say for you?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #1458
hitmanwa
n00b

I get the following for the check paths, I had to create the text file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007
C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007
C:\Users\Eric\Documents\StelmackSoft\UtilitySuite
Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #1459
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The error is indicating that it can't write to the last one (to output the CSVs), so double-check that path.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #1460
hitmanwa
n00b

The path is ok, all the other utilities write to it. Interrogator won't let me select an output either, not sure what it is. Thanks for the help btw.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #1461
hitmanwa
n00b

If you run the draft analyzer on your current team and base weights off bars is it using actual or potential?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #1462
aston217
College Prospect

Weird note: "Pass by distance", at least on the team offense screen, lists the percentage of each distance as

Code:
(# PLAYS OF THAT DISTANCE) / (# OF TOTAL PASSES ATTEMPTED)

It should be...

Code:
(# PLAYS OF THAT DISTANCE) / (# OF TOTAL PASS PLAYS)

Or if you want to only look at the passes thrown, do attempts of distance / total attempts of distance. As it is now, the sum of the percentages can easily exceed 100%, so it seems just like a pretty misleading -- and therefore useless -- number.

I mean, roughly, you'll probably get a good idea, but the numbers aren't accurate when they could be. Am I missing something?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #1463
Nemesis
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa View Post
If you run the draft analyzer on your current team and base weights off bars is it using actual or potential?

You actually determine that by selecting one of the options in the edit weights screen. Without having it open, and guessing on the exact names here, but I think it's Min/Average/Max. So if you select Min. It will read each bar from it's "current" level. If you choose Max, it'll read from the future potential. And of course Avg will be in between. So if you're using Avg, and have a rookie WR who is 50/100 in Route Running, he'll be read as 75 in draft analyzer.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #1464
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
There should be NOTHING going to the install folder, everything goes to Documents/StelmackSoft/UtilitySuite if it doesn't let you specify a location.

If nothing is output, then either something in the form is filled out wrong so it doesn't think there is anything to do, or it hit an error. If it was an error, it shouldn't be silent, you'd see something, either a dialog or in the status window.

Actually, I'm seeing this too trying to install the newest version on a fresh machine. I created an FOFPATH file as was said upstream, but Interrogator won't let me specify a path for output files. When I run it without them, it dumps the files in C:\Program Files\StelmackSoft\FOF2k7 Utility Suite .
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #1465
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Actually, I'm seeing this too trying to install the newest version on a fresh machine. I created an FOFPATH file as was said upstream, but Interrogator won't let me specify a path for output files. When I run it without them, it dumps the files in C:\Program Files\StelmackSoft\FOF2k7 Utility Suite .
To echo/add to what cuerv is saying here, I've long had a similar issue, probably before one of the later updates to the Utility Suite. At any rate, evidently the last time I was able to set the path for output files, I set it to c:/woof/interrogator, because for months now I haven't been able to output anywhere else. Not a big deal to me, so I haven't gotten around to saying anything, but I guess I should mention it...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #1466
beeznik
n00b

Any reason extractor would not be working for me? New laptop and running windows 7. It's not even starting to extract when I hit the extract button.

Last edited by beeznik : 04-08-2012 at 08:24 AM.
beeznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1467
flair1239
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeznik View Post
Any reason extractor would not be working for me? New laptop and running windows 7. It's not even starting to extract when I hit the extract button.

Exact Same Problem.
flair1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #1468
Heresiarch
n00b

I ran (for the first time) Extractor and Draft Analyzer. It all seemed to work fine, but I don't see the two most important fields - grade and adjusted grade. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #1469
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeznik View Post

Make sure you are running in admin mode and XP compatibility mode.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #1470
Bako
H.S. Freshman Team

How do you do that?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #1471
beeznik
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Make sure you are running in admin mode and XP compatibility mode.

The XP Compatibilty mode did the trick. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #1472
beeznik
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bako View Post
How do you do that?

Right click on extractor and go to properties. You can switch it there.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #1473
Bako
H.S. Freshman Team

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #1474
PhinsFan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Playing around with draft analyzer I noticed a few things that don't make sense.

First I set all the weights to the middle position. Then I looked at a SE and a WLB. Both players are near the top of the draft class. When I changed weights for individual combines, I noticed that the combine value in the table and the combine value in the stats (below the table where height and weight, etc are) do not always move as expected.

First moving the dash to farthest left position, the table value doesn't change but the value in the stats area gets lower. Both move when it is set to the far right setting.

Second, moving the sole to the farthest left position increases the table value and leaves the stat value the same (neither seem intuitively correct)

Third, moving the sole to the farthest right leaves the table value the same and reduces the stat value (again, neither seem intuitively correct).

Forth, moving bench to the farthest left position leaves both the table and the stat combine values the same (intuitively they should decrease).

Fifth, moving bench to the farthest right leaves the table value unchanged and the stat value is lower (again it doesn't seem correct).

It appears that sometimes the table value, which the combine sort is based on is not modified by changes in weight. Also the modifications for scores in which higher is better (sol and bench) are backwards.

If you want me to send you the file, please let me know and I will.

I was wondering if these problems with draft analyzer had been looked into. I have version 2.0.5.0. I used the examples in this post and sure enough the changes using the sliding weights seem to have problems. I have not checked all the weights but the few in this post do have incorrect results.

eNFL : Miami Dolphins GM Commish
CCFL: Seattle Seahawks GM
CMFL: Miani Dolphins GM
PhinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #1475
sjshaw
lolzcat

Just bumping to see if this could be addressed.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1476
scorp
Mascot

has anyone had chemistry errors in DA, I have a draft going on and found a player DA says has a conflict, I currently have a player at the same position with the same sign and no conflict. I checked affinity calculator and it doesn't think those players would be a conflict.

Does DA use all leaders were maybe a defensive leader coul dshow as a conflict with an offensive player
Old 06-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1477
fireems14
n00b

sorry if this has been addressed, i did a quick look through the thread and didn't see anything so here goes.

I am trying to run the gameplan analyzer on windows 7. When it opens there are no leagues listed under the select league option. I have tried running as admin and in XP compatibility mode. I also tried to look at the check path app where I found nothing listed in the install path. when I click on that to add the install path I get the following error

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at CheckPaths.CheckPathsForm.buttonFOFInstallPath_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CheckPaths
Assembly Version: 2.0.5.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.5.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StelmackSoft/FOF2k7%20Utility%20Suite/CheckPaths.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5458 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DataReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StelmackSoft/FOF2k7%20Utility%20Suite/DataReader.DLL
WindowsUtilities
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StelmackSoft/FOF2k7%20Utility%20Suite/WindowsUtilities.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

Any ideas?
fireems14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #1478
aston217
College Prospect

CheckPaths doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7. But, you can always manually specify the path. Navigate to the StelmackSoft UtilitySuite folder under "My Documents" (I guess it's just Documents now, but you get the idea)

Create, if there isn't already, a text file called FOFPATH.txt.

This will contain two lines. Line 1 is the install directory of FOF, e.g:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\

Line 2 is the data directory for FOF, e.g:
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\

That should do the trick.

Last edited by aston217 : 06-14-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #1479
fireems14
n00b

Aston - thanks for the input, unfortunately it didn't work. Any other thoughts?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #1480
aston217
College Prospect

That's odd. That should have done it (you can double check by running Checkpaths). Make sure to put in your username in the right place for the second line. That is,

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\

Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #1481
fireems14
n00b

Sweet, that took care of it, I had missed part of the entry on the second line. thanks for your help!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #1482
Wanderer
n00b

Okay, not a single part of the suite works like it should, and most of it doesn't work at all. I'm running 7, 64-bit. I set everything up to run as an admin, compatibility mode XP SP3.

I had the same error with GA as fireems14. Identical problem with check paths (which is what I assume is making nothing else work) as well. I created FOFPATH.txt as noted, which had no effect.

I'm a data freak, and would REALLY like this stuff to all work so I can dig in.

Any thoughts?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #1483
Yoda
High School Varsity

The fofpath.txt if done correctly should work. Greg originally set it up for me when I was having an issue using the utilities on Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Basically what the program does is pull the directory information from your registry, unless you have an fofpath.txt , at which point, it gets where to find fof from there (at least, as I understand it).

I would create fofpath.txt (make sure it's all lowercase) where it is indicated, using notepad. Also, once created, make sure it doesn't say fofpath.txt.txt sometimes I've come across that.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #1484
Wanderer
n00b

Merg. That means I'm missing something stupid I'm sure.

Here's what I tried:
- I used caps, lowercase, and mixed letters in the file name (fofpath.txt - not .txt.txt)
- I tried two different things with the file itself:
1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007

2 (tried copying my install/.exe folder inside my AppData folder, since it was seeing the Appdata one):
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\Front Office Football 2007
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007

This really seems like it shouldn't be that hard.

Last edited by Wanderer : 06-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #1485
aston217
College Prospect

If your errors were the same as fireem's, then it sounds like it's a checkpaths issue and not any other general compatibility thing with the programs not being able to run.

For what it's worth, my file is named FOFPATH.txt and it's fine. Maybe that was an issue in Vista.

#1 looks right as long as that's where these folders actually are. A sanity check would be navigating to each of them and seeing if they are what they are supposed to be, and you haven't say, installed FOF into a custom directory and not the default.

Another would be to make sure fofpath.txt is in the right location.

If you have the fofpath.txt file as is in #1, then what happens when you run CHECKPATHS? What does it list as the directories? Do you have a really old version of the suite that perhaps behaves differently?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #1486
Wanderer
n00b

- I checked my directories, and they are as listed in fofpath.txt.
- fofpath.txt is in the Users->Me->Documents->StelmackSoft folder where it belongs.
- When I run checkpaths I Have the right paths for Utilisuite and FOF save paths, but FOF install path is blank. When I click on it, I get the same error as above.

I hate this kind of garbage. But I REALLY want to be able to pull some raw numbers out of the game.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #1487
Wanderer
n00b

Ohp. I got it. fofpath was in the wrong place. I put it where aston said (Stelmack Soft folder) but it needed to go one deeper into the Util folder.

Thanks, guys. Now for some sql, some monte carlo, some @risk, some forecastX, some custom gunk, and some thinkin'.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #1488
aston217
College Prospect

Oh I'm terribly sorry. I led you astray! I meant the StelmackSoft folder that already had the other stuff in it in My Documents, and I didn't realize there was an extra subdirectory there. Man! sorry for all the wasted time on your part.

Last edited by aston217 : 06-14-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #1489
Wanderer
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
Oh I'm terribly sorry. I led you astray! I meant the StelmackSoft folder that already had the other stuff in it in My Documents, and I didn't realize there was an extra subdirectory there. Man! sorry for all the wasted time on your part.
No, I'm the idiot. With computer stuff I'm always so scared of really screwing stuff up that I tend to do only EXACTLY what I'm told unless I am absolutely sure it's safe.

Thanks for your help - that one fix got everything up and running.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1490
Rizon
Pro Starter

Soooo ... odd thing is happening, and I'm not sure how I did it. I did the extractor on one team, and now it is cycling through ALL teams and running extractor on them (after it finished with a team, it went on to the next team). Noooo idea how I did this, or what I clicked. In fact, I was on the phone after I started it, so didn't touch a thing.

Good part: I actually NEEDED to extract all the teams. Bad part: I was on St. Louis when it went through them all.

Question: what do I click to make it cycle through all teams if I want to do this again in the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #1491
gstelmack
Pro Starter

To get one team, open the roster window, then double-click a player to open his player report window. Extractor will grab that player, hit the "Next" button, and grab the next player, until the "Next" button is disabled (so if you start in the middle, you get half your roster).

To get all teams, open the roster window, but don't open any player report windows. It will grab everyone. There is a checkbox in Extractor to determine if you also want the FAs.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #1492
cuervo72
Head Coach

*smacks head*

Just now noticed that "Game Results" in later versions of Interrogator includes 'GameID' as the first field. My DB was not expecting that.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #1493
WheelsVT
High School JV

gstelmack, this is one amazing set of tools. Thanks for all the hard work to keep tweaking them and making them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
now i have a teamimage.csv, but then the extender won´t start/immediately crashes ...
I think I have the same issue as whomario. I'm running Windows7. CheckPaths is good, extractor works great, but extender immediately crashes. The windows application log has a System.IndexOutOfRangeException, details below:

Quote:
Fault bucket 3024438505, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: extender.exe
P2: 2.0.5.0
P3: 4ee3669e
P4: Extender
P5: 2.0.5.0
P6: 4ee3669e
P7: 30
P8: 0
P9: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
P10:
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #1494
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
I think I have the same issue as whomario. I'm running Windows7. CheckPaths is good, extractor works great, but extender immediately crashes. The windows application log has a System.IndexOutOfRangeException, details below:

I figured out the issue. The images in teamimagemap.csv were BMP files. By changing them to PNG files extender was able to process them correctly.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #1495
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

DBUpdater issue. Little help, please
Quote:
Querying historical players...Updating historical players... Exception Hit, aborted!
NHibernate.StaleStateException: Unexpected row count: -1; expected: 1
at NHibernate.AdoNet.Expectations.BasicExpectation.VerifyOutcomeNonBatched(Int32 rowCount, IDbCommand statement)
at NHibernate.Impl.NonBatchingBatcher.AddToBatch(IExpectation expectation)
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Impl.ScheduledInsertion.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute(IExecutable executable)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.ExecuteAll(IList list)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Commit()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoPlayerHistoricalUpdates()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.RunUpdate()
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #1496
gstelmack
Pro Starter

2.0.6 (September 24, 2012): Download
  • Gameplan Analyzer will now read the list of cities from the league file when picking a league to make it easier to choose which team to run the reports on. This does add a small delay after picking the league.
  • Gameplan Analyzer will now display how a team's offense does in various weather conditions under the team offense page.
  • Gameplan Analyzer now has a page of miscellaneous stats. Currently this is a report of the injury likelihood overall, in normal plays, in special teams plays, and in various weather conditions.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #1497
Yoda
High School Varsity

Awesome! Thanks for the updates Greg.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #1498
sjshaw
lolzcat

Thanks!
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #1499
Yoda
High School Varsity

After installing the new version, I tried to run the Extractor and got the following error:

Extractor.exe- Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because
API-MS-Win-Core-LocalRegistry-L1-1-0.dll was not found. RE-installing the application may fix this problem.

reinstalled and still got the error.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #1500
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It runs fine here. I can double-check requirements and references - I upgraded to VS2010, so there may be some change in references or something.

Or I'll look into this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=VS.85).aspx